England gonna suck

Edungeon

Flying~
They are going to suck big time in RAND... they have the worst Unique Power XD and sometimes won't start in an island. What others civs you think are going to suck? :p

Carthage sucks already. It's only viable in RFC because it's got a doable UHV.
Ethiopia, Mali and Egypt--agricultural stars are against them.

I don't think England will be that bad considering that they have Redcoats and they should have a decent homeland, it's the African civs that are going to be the harder ones along with the ancient ones like Babylon.

I don't think england will suck, but as words like "be the first to found a colony at X" might not work so well, i wonder how this will be handled.

The one i am really looking forward to is Babylon - FINALLY i might not get mirked by the other thousand civ's who want the same spot of land :)

Being honest, i think the most advanted will be the Khmer and the Inca, being able to move through jungles and work mountains can be good -

I really look forward to this and each new post makes me ask things like "what about UHV's like "settle this region" or "prevent settlement of this region" will be handled. I look forward more and more each post i read and make. This is going to probably be the best mod for Civ4.

A lot of the UPs have seemed of limited use to me. Vikings and France immediately come to mind. While my recent game with the Inca has convinced me that they'll be a very flexible and good civ to play because they'll be able to colonise areas which aren't viable to the other civs.

I don't think England will be that bad considering that they have Redcoats and they should have a decent homeland,

Yeah Redcoats are cool i was just considering the Unique Power. I love the unique power of Babylon, but i never have the chance of using it in the normal game! All cities i want flip to me u_u

NOT starting on an island is an advantage rather than otherwise, especially for the AI, and a maritime UP isn't useful only if you start on an island. There will still be the New World and England has still to colonize all continents. Not to mention that their UU and UB are among the best, hence...

I think that Babylon's UP is definitely one that can be more useful.

Being honest, i think the most advanted will be the Khmer and the Inca, being able to move through jungles and work mountains can be good

I agree about the Inca, but I'm sorta surprised by Khmer being on that list. I was actually going to speculate that they would be one of the worst ones in RFC RAND. :lol: My thinking is this. They have below average production, they have a terrible UU, and their UP, while nice in RFC, may not be quite as useful. Southeast Asia is completely walled off by jungle, so the Khmer can send troops out but not be subject to attack (until they develop the spice and banana north of Hanoi). I expect that the Khmer will start in a jungle, but the random map may not make a complete jungle-wall to enclose the Khmer start.

I guess we'll see in a couple days one way or the other though. :)

i think that the strength of the nations will vary alot from game to game but i can imagine that there will tend to be strong nations appear such as babalonia and Portugal who in normal RFC have very small areas

i hope for balance reasons it doesn't but knowing your whole area could be a potential choke-point is nice.

and for the modern era, it makes helicopters useful (they CAN move over jungle, right?)

They'd have an easier time if they could just mow down the Celts! In RFC Random Celts would make sense, since they can occupy a larger area and won't necessarily be engulfed.

Also hello again everyone. This looks like a great plan Rhye.:D

Top Bottom