English Historical Victory

Barak

Emperor
Ok, so I acheived all three victory conditions. I have a 3/3 next to England at the top of the score board....now what? I assumed the game would end with the victory alert....but I got nothing :confused:

Edit: Ah, took an extra 2 turns to propagate...disregard :)

I kinda have a bit of a problem with the goals; namely since Spain comes before England and has the big bonus to seafaring, I never seem to stand a chance at being the first to circumnavigate. In every game I've had so far, Spain seems to be the one to manage it.

Being the first to circumnavigate isn't that difficult as long as Isabella decides to waste her initial galleys on some West African colonies (Bissau and an unscripted city). England's historical goals aren't that difficult to achieve but I don't think the current goals reflect the British Empire's more militaristic side. Since there were no South African or Australian colonies before 1700, I would suggest a tweak to this goal on the lines of "Colonise [the three areas] and control at least two Indian cities before 1800 AD".

On that note I reckon England should become Britain as you pretty much engulf the isles a few turns into the beginning and, have you heard of the English Empire? :king:

Maybe "control India and South China" could be one of goals, it could reflect their possessions in Asia.

Though Britain tried to squeeze every last penny out of China, I'm not sure it was in the empire's interest to conquer Southern China. After all, Hong Kong was richer than most of the southern cities and it didn't need the same commitment to control. If we went down that route we could have "Control India, East Africa and 1 Chinese city" as well as the "Colonise the American East Coast, South Africa and Australia" objective.

Currently Britain tends to ignore East Africa and most of Canada, so we could be less specific and have a "Control a quarter of the globe" objective if that's easier to balance.

Hmm... sun never sets on the British empire... IDEA! Maybe one of goals could be to have a city on every continent. AND you would have to have 3 cities in Asia, at least two conquered, maybe one from India and one from China. Or maybe you should conquer 1 city from China, 1 from India and 1 from Japan.

That sounds like an interesting idea, I'm just not sure if it would be better than the current goal. It would be a lot harder, either way.

Maybe a Cape-to-Cairo objective? One major goal of the British in the Scramble for Africa was to link SA with Egypt. Since Egypt would be tough to conquer, it might be like "Control a contiguous length of territory from South Africa to southern Egypt" or something.

McA123 said:
That sounds like an interesting idea, I'm just not sure if it would be better than the current goal. It would be a lot harder, either way.

That is why I want to change English goals. I'm not able to be even near UHV on Monarch unless I play with England (Well, I haven't tested all countries), which goals are too easy. The hardest ot them is the "first in imdustrial and modern era" which is easy if you maintain relations with 1-2 European countries, and you can keep research in 80-100% if you trade techs to money.

Top Bottom