Epsilon - Friend or Foe

Theology is good for Theocracy. Philosophy is good for leading to Liberalism and Nationalism (Taj Mahal). But in our circumstances, I think that those options are not worth Feudalism.

By the way, as an aside, the Taj Mahal might be a nice wonder to prepare for later, especially since we have marble (right?).

I just had a conversation with General_W from epsilon.
Spoiler :
Josh says:
Hey Theoden - General_W from Civfanatics here - you got a second? (If you're busy - no big deal! just ignore me )
Mikkel says:
yes, I'm here and have time to talk...
Josh says:
Hey - great. Hope life is treating you well?
Mikkel says:
I'd say it does.
Josh says:
Glad to hear it! - I just wanted to quickly touch bases with you over our recent letter about Feudalism for Philosophy
Mikkel says:
yes, I'll just check the team forum for the discussion
Josh says:
Ok - thank you sir!
Mikkel says:
it seems the team is a bit negative about trading with you
Mikkel says:
even though the beaker difference favours us
Josh says:
I see. I feared as much. Is it because we're ahead of you by a few techs?
Mikkel says:
yes, and just the fact that our teams are "competing" for techs
Mikkel says:
and that we can get the techs elsewhere
Josh says:
ok. I see. I appreciate the heads-up.
Josh says:
just so I know...
Josh says:
if we were to sweeten the offer - would it make any difference? Or is Epsilon just on the enemy list for the time being?
Mikkel says:
well, I can certainly propose it. If you have the cheapest tech offers on the market i don't find it impossible
Josh says:
ok - if I'm asking for too much info, just say so... but it'd help if you could give me some idea of how much better than 100 beakers in your favor the offer would have to be?
Mikkel says:
but you leader position has been weakened and if you drop a little more behind i'm sure your trade posiblities would be better
Josh says:
lol - well, I was just going to make the point, that your buddies over at Aloha seem to be pulling ahead of you, gaining on us, and apparntly not sharing the wealth so much with you...
Mikkel says:
It's hard to say without just copying our discussion thread here, but I suppose something like 200 beakers cheaper might do it
Mikkel says:
although I know that deal would seem bad for you
Josh says:
hmmmm.
Josh says:
yeah. but not imposible. We'd really rather make friends than enemies.
Mikkel says:
bur Aloha isn't so far ahead in points, and we'll catch up on tem eventually hopefully
Mikkel says:
i understand that reasoning... clearly you are the prime target so you need friends
Josh says:
would you value gold over beakers? like 40 gold along with the 100 beaker advantage of philosophy? or does it need to be closer to 200 beakers in advantage?
Mikkel says:
considering the bonus we get for research (because you know the tech and we know prerequisites etc.) gold is worth more
Mikkel says:
so perhaps 100 gold?
Mikkel says:
yes, I know im pushing it now...
Josh says:
LOL
Josh says:
yeah - I don't see anyway we're agreeing to 100 beaker and 100 gold your way for Feudalism
Josh says:
Do you already have a Drama deal with Aloha?
Josh says:
we might be willing to do Drama and Philosophy for Feudalism... that's 400 beakers in your favor...
Mikkel says:
I don't think so, not any tech dealsat the moment
Mikkel says:
That sounds very tempting
Mikkel says:
I'll certainly pass that offer on to the team
Mikkel says:
Well, as usual I'm the only on the team who's enthusiastic about trading with you, but hope the others can be convinced...
Josh says:
ok. I haven't passed that by my team yet... but our constitution gives me quite a bit of power over diplomacy for Epsilon.
Josh says:
yeah... I'd ask you just to pass on to your team my comment that we may be the leader, but if you can take us for hundereds of beakers every time... it's only good for you.
Mikkel says:
you have a constitution? with lots of redundant beraucracy?
Josh says:
lol - our Constitution is pretty vast - but I think we avoid being overly beuracratic... but other may disagree - lol
Mikkel says:
well, some of our economic experts seem to have figured that it would actually benefit you unless the deal is hugely in our favour
Josh says:
Really? I understand that on the GPT deals... which is why we haven't offered you any more of those
Mikkel says:
well, i think Piffle's organisation would be shocking for you?
Josh says:
If it's much like KISS - then yeah... that's be a shocker for me to try to deal with
Mikkel says:
that wasn't because of the GPT, just because of the total benefits it would give to the different parties including trading the techs on etc.
Josh says:
Sure. But that works both ways. It's not a good analysis if you only look at our side. We pretty much expect you to profit a second time on Philosophy in trades to Aloha or Loco.
Josh says:
Ditto for Drama.
Josh says:
you have an easier time trading - as this conversation has proved, I would think.
Mikkel says:
indeed we have
Josh says:
obviously I'm biased, but I'd go so far as to say the secondary trade market drives up the value of any trade you make with us even MORE than the initial value in your favor.
Mikkel says:
but we only agree to deals if it's fair from our perspective...
Josh says:
of course.
Mikkel says:
our "think-tanks" seem to think you gain most form the secondary trade market
Josh says:
Do they think other teams like dealing with the leader more than you?
Mikkel says:
but think of it this way.. theoretically if you the first to every tech and sold it for just 25% of the beakers, then you'd get the full cost back... which is why we and maybe other teams are refusing to buy techs for even 40% of the value
Mikkel says:
but I actually can't say much about the other teams willingness to trade... but shouldn't you know that yourself?
Josh says:
Yeah – I suppose that'd be true. But that's an enormous "IF" that I can tell you is certainly NOT true. And even in that analysis – it's still only ½ of the picture. Any team we trade with is getting ahead in beakers also… at the very least blunting our gain in terms of a lead.
Josh says:
I see what you're saying – but it's really unfair to only look at 1 side of the picture, and discount the gain that the other trading partner is getting.
Josh says:
That's like saying I rob the grocer every time I go to the supermarket because he doesn't get any food from me. You're ignoring the fact that I paid cash for that food!
Mikkel says:
of course, but the nature of this game (only one winner) means that one team with just 50% more power than any other team would likely win
Mikkel says:
but of course i see your point
Josh says:
Agreed – and hence our willingness to make really good deals.
Josh says:
thanks... Do offer that Drama and Philo deal to your team (400 in your favor... 200 more than you asked! You're a killer negotiator )
Mikkel says:
so even though other teams gain power from the trades you are effectively spreading that power out... divide and conquer... and you play it well
Mikkel says:
yes, ill offer the deal
Josh says:
And as my parting shot at our competition, I don't know if you watch these things, but in addition to closing the tech gap to just about 2-3 techs, Aloha passed us significantly in GDP last turn.
Mikkel says:
(I am a tough nogotiater indeed, you won't get an easy dela here)
Mikkel says:
yes, you are losing your lead a bit which will probably improve relations
Josh says:
I'll grant you that you last statement is accurate. We can benefit by spreading the power out. But I'd still argue it's not THAT dramatic – and especially not dramatic when you can also trade in the secondary market, and even further less dramatic we you consider that each team is so reluctant to deal with us… giving us worse deals on each trade than you give the other teams.
Josh says:
*refering to the divide and conquer*
Mikkel says:
you are absolutely right. it comes down to the question of proportions - how much of a discount you have to trade at. and if teams weren't reluctant you'd be running away now. but the reluctancy is now at a high enough level that you won't run away with the game
Mikkel says:
so you'll have to accept making bad deals and try to benefit from it anyway
Josh says:
yes. So I'd just ask for a little understanding - and a less extreme position on what's a fair trade. Wouldn't be earning my salary if I didn't try to bring the fences down between our people a little bit
Mikkel says:
well, remember that I've always mentioned that I don't expect you to accept our deals
Josh says:
Oh yes - I appreciate your honesty - you're just doing your job
Mikkel says:
and I certainly understand... if I were in your situation I probably wouldn't accept the same deals
Mikkel says:
I'd negotiate hard and long
Mikkel says:
and everything I say is based on the teams opinion. i don't have the same powers as you
Josh says:
lol - well. I'll be posting this chat in our forum. See if I can get team support for the Drama/Philo for Feudalism deal.
Josh says:
I have power... but we also have elections
Mikkel says:
elections.. bah we don't need those
Mikkel says:
I am the foreign minister unless there is a revolution
Josh says:
I'm beginning to get the picture... no constitution.... no elections.... what kind of police state you running over there at Innovia? LOL
Mikkel says:
it's no police state damnit.. lol.. more of a good example of a working anachistic-ish direct democracy
Mikkel says:
anyone is free to grab the save and play for instance
Josh says:
surrrrre. is that what they're calling it these says?
Josh says:
*these days
Josh says:
oh - that's kind of cool - no problems with strategic continuity that way?
Mikkel says:
well, we don't have corruption.. elected politicians are always corrupt
Josh says:
Hey now!
Mikkel says:
well it's mostly one person who grabs it most of the time so we have a sort of informal president
Mikkel says:
don't say that you've never accidentally found some governmet money in your own pocket
Josh says:
All of it was well deserved, and fully legal I can assure you!
Josh says:
and there's no proof of that besides
Mikkel says:
*saves negotiation and posts it publicly*
Josh says:
ok sir - it's really been great talking to you - I enjoy it... even as you try to rob me blind.
Josh says:
*ouch!*
Mikkel says:
I have your confessoin here..lol
Josh says:
please get back to me on what your team says about the deal. IM or e-mail or PM is fine. I stay on top of all of it.
Mikkel says:
I will
Mikkel says:
And have a good day
Josh says:
good deal. I've got to get back to work here.... you too! have a great (night?)
Mikkel says:
yes, thank you I'll be going to bed now while you work
Josh says:
lol - time zone differences always strike me as humorous for some reason. Sleep well, and thanks for staying up to chat.
Mikkel says:
no problem.

Summary: After hard and long negotiations I managed to make them offer philosophy AND drama for feudalism. That's 1200 beakers for 700 beakers if I'm not mistaken. I think this would be worth considering.

Wow Theo your tough. I'm beginning to see your point that catagorically locking Epsilon out isn't such a good strategy,It will be a good play for us to warm up to them a bit.

This deal will really stink if Piffle accepts what we already offered them so what do we do about that?

Otherwize I'd go for it. I see also these techs will be available for both teams to trade so we may need to work out some deals ahead of time. Still we have to see if they approve it though. I'd be suprised if they accept it.

Interesting. This new deal of Philosophy and Drama for Feudalism sounds much better. If it's still possible, I say we go for it. :)

So depending on what Piffle responds, there wouldn't be heavy opposition to accepting the offer?

In fact I'd prefer the Epsilon deal.

Great news. The deal got pretty much accepted in a chat I just had with General_W:
Spoiler :
Mikkel says:
Hi, General_W Do you have time to talk?
Josh says:
sure - I may be a bit spotty - couple things in the air - but go ahead
Mikkel says:
ok, basically my team is positive about the deal we discussed the other day and willing to accept it
Josh says:
ok - that's good news!
Mikkel says:
how is epsilons opinion?
Josh says:
well - not super enthusiastic... as we're giving away a lot, of course. But I didn't get a tidal wave of negative. Our president has yet to officially weigh in, but it looks likely to go through
Josh says:
you want to make the offer on your turn?
Mikkel says:
that would be fine with us
Josh says:
ok - I'll notify the team that we're going ahead with the deal. Unless confirmation that it's going to happen brings down the wrath on me... we should be set
Mikkel says:
thats great!
Josh says:
Thanks for getting back to me - I was starting to think the deal was dead.
Mikkel says:
no not at all. we just had some.... complications
Josh says:
oh - business call - gotta go. If I'm not off the phone before you leave - have a great night.
Josh says:
don't suppose you can say what kind of complications? (so I can try to avoid them in the future?)
Mikkel says:
nothing you can avoid.. complicatoins with possible deals from other teams at the same time... and now ive already said too much
Josh says:
ok - fair enough
Josh says:
thanks again
Mikkel says:
no problem. good night and thanks for the deal

I said that we will offer the deal next turn.

I'll make sure it gets sent. I don't think we have a trade restriction on these techs so maybe we should make som other offers while feudalism is hot. I wont get to it for another 4-5 hours.

Dear Innovia,
I know you're not going to like this much, but I regret to tell you
that our team has voted overwhelmingly not to extended our Open
Borders deal for another 10 turns.

For what it's worth, I wanted to extended the deal one more time to
make things a bit more equal in terms of territory explored… but 'the
people' have spoken.

We're open to renegotiation of some kind of an OB deal (maybe one that
doesn't allow any units to cross?) if you have any interest in that.

To the Health and Wealth of both our peoples,
- General_W
Servant of the Leader
Epsilon Team!

Now what? Tell Loco about the Epsilonian troop build-up?

We could ask for some finacial compensation to make up for the fact that we didn't get much use out of the OB, then we can renew the OB without alowing troops to enter each others borders.

Keep in mind that they have caravels that can sail into our territory regardless so this type of OB could prevent that, but don't tell them.

I don't think I'd tell loco about the troop build up. I don't think it can do much good and it may back fire on us.

The Chat of Great Relief and Prosperous Deals, pt. 1:
Spoiler :
Mikkel siger:
Hi, GeneralW
Josh siger:
Hey Theoden!
Josh siger:
How's life?
Mikkel siger:
ah, a deep question... without getting into endless detail i will just say it's damn good
Josh siger:
LOL a fine answer
Mikkel siger:
and how about you? how's the newborn?
Josh siger:
She's doing great. Keeping her parents up at night... but at least she's cute
Mikkel siger:
lol.. that's good to hear
Josh siger:
Hey - I think I just sent a letter not too long about about the Silks/Whales deal. Is that still on the table?
Mikkel siger:
yes, I saw your letter... the offer is still on the table
Josh siger:
ok. good deal
Mikkel siger:
our president just the offer in-game before I could contact you
Mikkel siger:
I know, we're aoffering a health resource for a happy, so enjoy our generousity
Josh siger:
no problem... but the way our team constitution is, the President can't just accept those deals.
Josh siger:
uhmm... I think Silk is a happy resource
Josh siger:
not to look down on your generosity!
Josh siger:

Mikkel siger:
oh, right I completely messed that one up
Mikkel siger:
anyway, I think it's a good deal for us both
Josh siger:
I agree. There was no argument from the team at all
Mikkel siger:
I wonder... what was you reasoning for closing the borders? switching to mercantilism soon?
Josh siger:
No - I still feel kinda bad about that. Our team has just taken a real hardline stance on trying to keep our map secure.
Josh siger:
I think we sent a letter offering a no-units OB deal... but didn't hear back (we assumed you were just justifiably annoyed)
Mikkel siger:
I don't know if we'll agree with that... but personally I'd say you gotta take the good with the bad in an OB-deal... just out of curiosity though, would a no-unit agreement include your otherwise intruder-capable caravels?
Josh siger:
That could certainly be negotiated. Now that CircumNav is done, we'd probably agree to that.
Mikkel siger:
which reminds me... as you'll notice if you've opened up the latest save we have switched to mercantilism, so there is little reason to open the borders as we'll just give you trade and nothing in return
Josh siger:
oh yeah... :blush: - I did notice that
Josh siger:
guess it's a moot point now! lol
Josh siger:
If you decide to take advantage of the spiritual trait and switch to something more open, let us know, and we can probably look at a no-units no-caravels OB deal at that point.
Mikkel siger:
I'll remember that
Josh siger:
We noticed you passed us in the power graph! ! :wow: I hope Epsilon isn't the target of hordes of angry camel archers?
Mikkel siger:
*looks out window* I don't know what you're talking about... and that's definitely not a horde of camels in the background
Josh siger:
lol
Josh siger:
ok - coy answer. I can cope with that, I guess.
Mikkel siger:
Seriously, we're happy to be number one in power
Mikkel siger:
it makes villain nations think twice before attacking
Josh siger:
yeah - believe me, as long time score leader, we understand paranoia.
Mikkel siger:
regarding power and the current situation i have an offer... since you feel bad about cancelling the OB, there has been a desire within my team to reestablish our friendship by making a non-aggression pact for a number of turns
Mikkel siger:
this could also help with the paranoia that both of us feels...
Josh siger:
yeah - I like the sound of that. (and this is going to sound suspicious) but I've got an early business lunch I've got to go to - can we pick this up when I get bck?
Josh siger:
before I go, let me say that I think we can totally draft something that will be agreeable.
Mikkel siger:
sure
Mikkel siger:
i may be eating dinner when you come back though, but some point later tonight...
Josh siger:
yeah - no problem. If I miss you, I'll just go ahead and start drafting a letter to send in our forums anyway.
Mikkel siger:
sounds good
Josh siger:
before I run - did you have a turn number in mind?
Mikkel siger:
to be honest, i don't
Josh siger:
ok - not a problem. We'll cook something up.
Josh siger:
Thanks for saying hi. Talk to you more at some point I'm sure! Enjoy dinner.
Mikkel siger:
see you

The Chat of Great Relief and Prosperous Deals, pt. 2 (not much of interest, just diplomatic niceties):
Spoiler :
Mikkel siger:
Hi again, I'm back
Josh siger:
hey - dinner was good I trust?
Mikkel siger:
Again, a deep question... so I'll just say very delicious.
Josh siger:
lol - never realized I was such a deep person
Josh siger:
Well - I posted our chat for discussion, and it's already starting.
Mikkel siger:
i posted it too, but no discussion so far
Josh siger:
Did you have anything else you wanted to add?
Josh siger:
(already starting = 1 post)
Mikkel siger:
no, I don't think there was anything else at the moment
Josh siger:
Ok. no problem. Once the team starts to get a concensus, I'll let you know what sakes loose.
Mikkel siger:
what are the turn numbers you have thought about, if any? realisitically, what would you agree to?
Josh siger:
well, probably not too long. Based on the one comment so far, we don't think a naval invasion by either of us is realistic for quite a while, and don't really want to get soo nailed down that we can't respond to potential international developments.
Mikkel siger:
astronomy is right around the corner though
Josh siger:
IE - if one of us developed an ally, and the other attacked them.
Mikkel siger:
yeah, I don't think a one-on-one war between us is in anyone's interest except our enemies
Josh siger:
exactly
Josh siger:
We'll see what the rest of the team says, but we may just end up going with a mutual understanding that invading eachother is really counter-productive for both of us.
Josh siger:
I mean, I hope it doesn't come to blows, both our nations are prospering from peace... but sometimes a theat of violence helps keep the peace.
Josh siger:
Bussiness confrence call - gotta run here. sorry. I'll keep you posted.
Mikkel siger:
no problem
Mikkel siger:
but I think the idea of the non-aggression pact was to avoid wars even in the case of alliances
Mikkel siger:
I'm sure that no unprovoked war will arise anytime soon

That's really awsome, just curious why you didn't mention 1250 AD though?

I didn't want to stir the pot and reveal that we have been talking with Piffle and received 'too much' information about their deals.

Fair enough.

Sounds quite promising. I'll have to check up on the save at some stage soon, I haven't got into this in a while. :)

Should we contact them again about the non-aggresion treaty?

I contacted General_W and he sent Epsilon's official response: :(
General_W said:
Dear Innovia,

I regret to inform you that the ruling council of Epsilon has voted against signing any kind of non-aggression pact with you.

Your recent military buildup is a matter of grave concern, and we cannot in good faith offer to tie our own hands.

Please understand, we enjoy our peaceful relations with you and sincerely hope they continue.

All the Best,

Foreign Minister General_W
Servant of the Leader
Epsilon Team!
So the deal didn't work out...

And the related chat that I finished just now:
Spoiler :
Mikkel says:
Hi, General
Josh says:
Hey there all is well I trust?
Mikkel says:
yup, it's weekend = extremely well
Josh says:

Josh says:
still friday morning here. Almost lunchtime
Mikkel says:
and Evangeline is still fine I trust?
Josh says:
yeah - little bit of a runny nose thing. But nothing bad. Humidifer is helping a lot
Josh says:
Hey - I know I owe Innovia a letter. It's actually been written, I just haven't sent it.
Josh says:
let me double check the forum here....
Mikkel says:
yep, that was what I was getting at... the big letter
Josh says:
ok - everyone has approved the final draft (all the real actives anyway) you want it in PM or to Innovia gmail?
Mikkel says:
PM works fine
Josh says:
gotta warn you. It's not what you want to hear, I'm afraid
Mikkel says:
hum... i'll look at it before i comment
Josh says:
yeah.
Josh says:
ok. sent.
Mikkel says:
well, i'm sorry to hear that response, but at least i tried
Josh says:
yeah. I hate being the bearer of sad news.
Mikkel says:
although, if you suspect a military buildup wouldn't it be a good idea to ensure that you aren't the target of it?
Josh says:
lol - no doubt. But I think my team feels ok about it because we've got a decent army and an ocean between us.
Josh says:
This game is reaching the point where the longstanding peace just can't possibly hold much longer, and the team concensus is that we need to be ready to act.
Mikkel says:
sure you do.... and since we offered you a non-aggressoin pact we probably won't attack you right away
Mikkel says:
so you think the first war might come soon?
Josh says:
well - I don't think this game is going to a space race or cultural victory, if that's what you mean! LOL
Mikkel says:
surely not cultural, but why not space?
Mikkel says:
I thought you were heading for space with that economic buildup (or whatever you're doing there overseas)
Josh says:
Yeah, I can't say I'd be disapointed if it went to a space race... and maybe it will. But just from PBEM experiance, if anyone is far enough ahead to think they can do it, they're going to have a world war on their hands.
Josh says:
Human nature I suppose
Mikkel says:
good point, although DaveMcW managed to pull off one such space race victory in the pitboss game despite a world war, and he is on your team IIRC
Josh says:
That's true! Sadly dave is no longer in our official government - but he's still active.
Josh says:
but even in your example... there's still a war going on
Josh says:
Truthfully, I think we're all very supprised and pleased that the peace has lasted this long.
Josh says:
I hope our recent trade of silks gives you some peace of mind that we're not planning an invasion or anything rash.
Mikkel says:
that must be because it benefits everyone strong enough to make a war
Josh says:
(kudos on the silk trades, btw... what's that? 3 resources for 1! very nice)
Mikkel says:
no, I don't think you would invade *us* first... someone else though, i don't know
Mikkel says:
yes, our great surplus of silks have served us well on the global market
Josh says:

Mikkel says:
How big is your official government actually?
Josh says:
5 Main position - President, Domestic Minister, Defense Minister, Foreign Minister, and Department of Nomenclature
Mikkel says:
Nomenclature?
Josh says:
Naming stuff
Mikkel says:
wow, you must have a lot of activtity with 5 official positions
Mikkel says:
ah, i see... we just do the naming things anarchisticly
Josh says:
lol - well, I've been pretty happy with it. I'd say we've got about 7 very actives, and 2-3 semi-actives, and then a few that just pop up every now and then.
Josh says:
How about your actives?
Mikkel says:
3 very actives who manage the day to day stuff, a few who are moderately active and 3-4 people who pop in once a month for a comment
Mikkel says:
but we've just sent messages to all the old members who are no longer active... will hopefully get more people involved
Josh says:
sounds good. I think have a lot of official positions helps keep some people active.
Josh says:
but that's just my opinion... I wrote much of our Constitution. lol
Mikkel says:
yeah, we tried it but it just didn't work out... the only official position is mine as foreign minister & UN rep
Mikkel says:
constitution? what's that?
Josh says:

Josh says:
ours hit the text limit for a single post! LOL
Mikkel says:
So, how much time do you spend on bureaucracy?
Josh says:
Not much really. Mostly it's just who manages which threads, and who is responsible to post updates. Our team stays pretty well informed with multiple people posting updates about what happened on each turn
Josh says:
don't even really need to open the save to stay fully informed.
Josh says:
depends if you consider that bureaucracy or not, I guess.
Josh says:
My foreign updates take quite a bit of my time.
Mikkel says:
In comparison, I guess we're lazy and uninformed then though we do post a lot of screenshots
Josh says:
lol - nah. To each their own.
Mikkel says:
maybe, if we had more active members... but as it is now the current system is most effective
Josh says:
yeah. It's good to be flexible.
Josh says:
Any fun plans for the weekend?
Mikkel says:
nah, just catching up on stuff that needs to be done
Mikkel says:
how about you? I suppose you can't go much out with the newborn an' all?
Josh says:
not too much. But we've got 2 sets of grandparents in town... so lots of ready-made babysitting for when she's a bit older
Josh says:
My wife and I are kind of homebodies anymore now. We've gotten lamer as we've gotten older. LOL
Mikkel says:
lol, hopefully you'll stop getting lamer at some point
Josh says:
I'd better, or I'll be in big trouble!
Josh says:
hey - I gotta run to lunch here. Always a pleasure talking with you. Sorry I didn't have the best news.
Mikkel says:
well, you can't get lucky every time... have a good lunch.
Josh says:
thanks. talk to you later
Mikkel says:
see you

Hmm, which means that they're probably still at least considering the option (not necessarily having decided yet) of attacking us first. You know, take down the biggest and most powerful threat first. We should probably beef up our homeland defence, especially on the coast near them. Do we have Caravels yet? We urgently need them to start scouting the waters. Even though they are no match for Galleons, we can still get a warning ahead of time if they're coming.

Will we be generating a Great Scientist anytime soon? We may want to heavily consider the option of using him to obtain Astronomy, for both defensive and offensive purposes.

We'll have optics in 5 turns, then Chowder can build caravels in 1 turn. The first caravel should be used to protect our invasion fleet, the second can patrol the western ocean.

Next GP is 5 turns away I think, but scientists don't rush Astro. We can try and get a merchant, but don't know if that will be any better.

Top Bottom