Epsilon - Friend or Foe

:confused: Are you sure Scientists don't rush Astronomy? I know for certain that they do in Warlords; not so sure if they changed it though, so it could be different in Civ4 vanilla I guess.

Sorry, yes they do but Printing Press and Education would have to researched first.

Ah, OK. So we would have had to not have Paper in order to be able to do the rush of Astronomy, correct?

One hell of a bump...

Shall we contact Epsilon with a peace offer, saying we'll vote for them/do what they want?

Finishing Radio and researching Mass Media will take 16 turns at current rates and with the GA. Building the UN will take about 25 or so without an engineer, although we have about a 60% of getting an engineer in Chowderton.

Even if we sink what we can see right now I would expect to be taking serious damage from Epsilon in 3-4 turns. Basically war with Epsilon wrecks our plans. My main concern is the beat Piffle and hold on to second place so I would be fine with capitulating to Epsilon.

We can gift them our artist as a sign of submission perhaps.

draft :

Dear Leader, dear Epsilonians,

Our lookouts have spotted considerable troop build-ups in the seas surrounding our territory. We fear that you didn't bring those soldiers there for a summer cruise. However, we would like to avoid the unnecessary bloodshed on both sides that would be caused by a war.

We acknowledge your superior military and economical position in this game, and we don't plan on threatening your superiority. Although we can't win anymore, we would hate to see our beautiful homeland wasted by war. We are willing to help you win this game faster, as long as our nation isn't hit by your forces. One plan we have is to build the UN and vote for you for a diplomatic victory. Together we have more than 60% of the vote. We would also refrain from any military action against you, or anyone else and we wouldn't build spaceship parts.

We are hoping for a peaceful end to this affair,

Yours sincerely,
Team Innovia

Feel free to amend this letter.
I think we should hurry sending it though, preferably before they play the save.

Dear Leader, dear Epsilonians,

We are in the proces of sending a letter to you, we expect to have it with you today. Perhaps you could hold playing the save until you receive the offer?

Team Innovia

I sent this.

I like your proposed letter, it sounds good to me.

the letter is fine by me. :)

Leter sent and they haven't played the save yet.

erik zegt:
hi
Joshua zegt:
hey there got the note from Innovia... I assume that's what you wanted to talk about?
erik zegt:
indeed
Joshua zegt:
lol - I can't believe you'd think that The Leader, may he live forever, means you any harm!! :mischief:
Joshua zegt:
The Leader welcomes all his children into his embrace.
Joshua zegt:
ok - honestly... we're just starting discussion of your note now.
erik zegt:
we have some Locopotamian refugees who are telling other stories
Joshua zegt:
ROFLOL
Joshua zegt:
oh man. We are kind of the bad-guy team aren't we?
erik zegt:
well, I've got to admit that our treatment of Loco wasn't always optimal either
Joshua zegt:
lol - good point. You're kind of living in a glass house on that one.
erik zegt:
and I believe there's some bad blood between Piffle and Aloha as well
erik zegt:
that's why we believe there has been enough war already
Joshua zegt:
well - one question we're having already is how would we know we're safe from a last minute UN backstab?
erik zegt:
you have >40% of the vote
erik zegt:
I believe you've got 44% of the population right now, and 60% is needed
Joshua zegt:
we do? (haven't looked at the Demo screen in a bit, I'll confess)
Joshua zegt:
ok - well if that true it'll be better... but what if you change your mind and we've given you all a lot of time to prepare?
Joshua zegt:
not that we're planning to attack you, or anything I mean.
erik zegt:
lol
erik zegt:
well, tbh, I guess you'd still be better prepared, and could still beat us easily then
erik zegt:
besides, we're not looking at a really long time here, IIRC only radio and mass media is needed now to get to the UN, and then it has to be built, that could happen quite quickly
Joshua zegt:
ok - well, I'll post this chat.
Joshua zegt:
I guess it doesn't hurt to tell you that I'm open to the idea.
Joshua zegt:
we'll see what The Leader, in his infinite wisdom, has to say about all this.
erik zegt:
great, well, I guess we'll see it in a couple of days
Joshua zegt:
lol - or sooner. Epsilon isn't nearly as democratic as The Council
erik zegt:
I don't think any team in any mtdg is as democratic as the council
Joshua zegt:
lol - probably true.
Joshua zegt:
so - just to confirm... your team is willing to sign a document saying you'd vote for us in the UN election in exchange for a promise of peace?
erik zegt:
yes, we are
Joshua zegt:
ok - on a personal note - I can't say I blame you.
Joshua zegt:
guess we can spare Memphus a bit of a tounge lashing for not hiding those boats better.
erik zegt:
we'd like to finish second in this game, and start a new game
erik zegt:
I don't think he could have hid them, you're not the only ones who are patrolling the seas

Chat with General W of the Council (emoticons showing sarcasm in the first couple of lines are sadly missing)

Fingers crossed then, if they give us a guarantee of peace we can put far more effort into science and with a bit of luck wrap this game up in 15 turns.

Well, General W is usually much more enthusiastic and peace-minded than the rest of his team in chats, so it wouldn't surprise me if the answer is something like "sorry, for reasons we cannot reveal, the majority of the team has chosen to declare war on you". If they do promise peace, I think we can trust them to keep it, so we can always hope they'll accept.

I take it that is one of our cities :(

Damn, twice this has happened!

No response to my query in the turn report thread so I didn't think anyone would care if I transmitted my proposal to Epsilon.

This is my own idea, Team Innovia has not yet voted on it.

Speaking strictly off the record you do seem like the team most likely to win. So my idea is: rather than whip Piffle every turn until you launch a space ship how about building the UN? That way this game could have a nice clean finish in just a few more turns. If Piffle really can't find anyone to play maybe one of your team members could defect just until we finish this up.

I'd hate to just throw the towel and give up the game to them, but I don't mind voting for them as UN secretary so count me as a yes-vote for that idea.

Seems fine to me.

Top Bottom