Erebus Werewolves

All of them? I still kind of like letting Ravenous Werewolves remain Animals. I'm indifferent about Blooded, but Greater and Duin should be beasts.

Y should ravenous remain animals? They can be captured by rangers then.

Y should ravenous remain animals? They can be captured by rangers then.

Exactly.

Ravenous werewolves are basically trapped in wolf form, completely unable to control themselves, barely capable of anything beyond simple, animalistic thought. Until they become somewhat able to control their fury, they should be no different then any other animal.

Now...that...is a good answer. See, that makes sense. I agree with that.

I've been hearing things about 'Kael's D&D campaign'. How do I get in on this thing? Sounds epic.

There have been a few attempts to start up D&D like games based off FFH, but they are dead now to my knowledge. You could always try again though...

I think he (Vorshlumpf) lives in Canada, and for some reason, Vancouver area

This may be slightly late, but I believe that the Baron and possibly Hati's mother were Werewolves that were more powerful than even greater Werewolves. I can accept that the Greater Werewolves regain some memory of their past lives and can become very intelligent, but I don't think they can change shape. But if there was a type of Werewolf even more powerful than the Greater Werewolf, it would make more sense to me. Duin Halfmorn is stronger than any Werewolf I've ever had in any game so he could be an example of this "Super Werewolf" and because he's trying to save the Werewolves from extinction, lesser Werewolves have a lesser chance of advancing to the next level of lycanthropy. Of course, this is what I believe and I could certainly be wrong.

We have no reason to believe that other werewolves don't change shape.

I say that Hati is "the exception that proves the rule" (in its original and proper meaning of something that is worth mentioning because it is unusual, implying that the rule is otherwise) to say that most werewolves can change form.

My personal opinion is that lesser werewolves haven't gained enough control over their new bodies or their new hunger to exist in any form but their wolf form, that blooded werewolves are starting to be able to control the transformation but are still greatly effected by strong emotions/hunger/the moon, and that greater werewolves have mastered their forms and can thus transform at will.

It makes sense to say that Duin and Hati's mother are among the greatest of the greater werewolves, but I don't think it is worth making a new catagory. Really, I don't think any of the categories should be seen as distinct phases so much as a gradual maturation. Hati's mother would be stronger than most on the grounds that she survived longer in harsher environments than the other werewolves. Duin is stronger because of good breeding, long experience, and because he may have a older more potent form of the disease than the more diluted strains of his spawn.

Well, if I remember correctly, Duin was the first Werewolf. I'd have to look up his Civilopedia entry again. You have poked a few holes in my theory, though. Maybe the older Werewolves are just so used to their new forms that they prefer to stay in that state instead of returning to their former state.

Edit: Nevermind, I found Duin's entry.

Like all mortals, even the horrific Duin passed away, but he would not be allowed to sleep forever. In time of dire need, desperate mages performed rites to bring back the greatest, most feared general of history. But it was not without price: the gods knew of Duin's character, and would not suffer him to be raised back to life without an appropriate form.

Werewolves had not been seen in the world since the Age of Ice. Hardly possessed with the same mental faculties as vampires, the werewolves truly were hunted to extinction by the human survivors. But in Duin Halfmorn, these dark creatures will witness a terrible rebirth, and the free peoples would do right to tremble in fear.

But because he was resurrected by the gods, he could be one of those "super werewolves." I don't recommend making another class, though, because anyone who gets the Hairy Baron could end up with a large army of almost unstoppable Werewolves that could wipe out any civilization on a whim. And where's the fun in that unless you're the Infernals?

In the Age of Rebirth it is believed that he was human until the gods cursed him during his resurrection, but AoI implies otherwise. It seems to say that he came from a long aristocratic line that had long had lycanthropy but had been able to hide it, even though he and his generals were known to feast on human flesh though. The mages who brought him back didn't know that he was a werewolf, so they assumed it was a curse the gods placed on him and on them for bringing him back against the gods' will.

Perhaps he was able to control it in his former life, but the process used by the mages to bring him back messed with his ability to stay in human form. Maybe the reason he feasted on his dead enemies was because of his Werewolf instincts and now that he's been reborn years later, he might've forgotten how to hide his lycanthropy as well. Just a thought.

Perhaps, but I don't really think he has trouble staying in human form. In the civilopedia he is described as a well dressed warrior of noble birth who leads a werewolf attack in human form and only changes to teach an unfortunate young werewolf who's boss.

I think it would probably make more sense to say that he probably came back naked and starving, and so decided that quickly changing form and eating the mages who brought him back was more important than keeping his secret secret. Once the secret is out, why bother hiding it anymore?

Maybe the reason the Hairy Baron looks half human/half wolf is because he feels comfortable in both forms, but requires a great deal of concentration to stay in one form or the other.

Well, In the Night of The Werewolves games, The baron is always a well dressed aristocrat, with no problem convincing the inocent villagers of his nobility and huamnity,

Yes, and the new werewolves have no trouble staying in human form until death...

Top Bottom