1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Erebus

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by zxcvbnm, Nov 21, 2007.

  1. zxcvbnm

    zxcvbnm The Nobody

    Joined:
    May 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2,070
    Location:
    nowhere
    [The stunned assassin was against the man on the waves and others on his side]
    [So are the Bannor soldiers]

    Mryddin calls for Cernunnos but it takes almost all his strength. He falls on his knees, half-conscious.

    Some birds arrive but they aren't very useful as the man standing on the waves creates a shower of water which flushes them down before they get to him.

    The fire, neglected for so long, has begun to consume the ship's side along the deck, which has partially fallen down. The flames have grown and lick the masts. It's very hot and uncomfortable on the ship as the heat starts to spread.

    The patrol is closing and several others have been alerted to help in protecting the harbour from fire.
     
  2. zxcvbnm

    zxcvbnm The Nobody

    Joined:
    May 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2,070
    Location:
    nowhere
    Tsanal's spells to control the drowned do nothing.

    Some drowned bodies rise to the surface and the birds begin pecking bits of rotten flesh from their swollen bodies. They slowly glide through the water despite of the birds tearing them apart from their parts that are on the surface.
     
  3. Maniac

    Maniac Apolyton Sage

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2004
    Messages:
    5,582
    Location:
    Gent, Belgium
    We tell the Bannor guards that we were acting under authorization of the Demagogue, and tell them to bring us to him. To the Demagogue we tell the story that we tracked down these Overlords followers and were trying to neutralize them and free the slaves. We add we hope he and his superiors will be pleased with this success. ;)

    I have no idea if I can do anything against these Overlord guys. :confused:

    I'll make use of the assassin being somewhat stunned and entangled to safely run to him and firmly press my staff to the spot just under his sternum. I ask "It seems me and my friends have been used unknowingly to guard a ship full of evil! My apologies... But you obviously aren't Bannor. Who sent you here? What were you meant to do here? Who are the seven you were expecting?"


    Gong Fu, scared by the fire, will probably run to come close to me.
     
  4. Maniac

    Maniac Apolyton Sage

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2004
    Messages:
    5,582
    Location:
    Gent, Belgium
    ignore this
     
  5. zxcvbnm

    zxcvbnm The Nobody

    Joined:
    May 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2,070
    Location:
    nowhere
    This is a crude drawing of your situation
     
  6. Nikis-Knight

    Nikis-Knight Chieftain

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2005
    Messages:
    5,633
    Location:
    Orange County, CA
    aye, sorry.
    I don't have time to catch up this morning, haev to go to work in a few minutes. I'll be sure to read everything when I get back.

    Quick and dirty version: The crazy OO priest has turned the two hunters you dispatched into drown. It was not done in a OO temple, so they are weaker than normal drown. They will try to attack you. If Bannor patrols show up, the OO priest will order them to sink his ship and run away.
    The remaining assassin will want to leave if possible.
     
  7. zxcvbnm

    zxcvbnm The Nobody

    Joined:
    May 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2,070
    Location:
    nowhere
    I'll run this for some hours

    The assassin refuses to answer any questions
     
  8. Kjaaly

    Kjaaly Chieftain

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2007
    Messages:
    60
    "THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE WATER!", Tsanal screams. "GET AWAY! SAVE WHO YOU CAN, BUT GET AWAY QUICKLY! SOMETHING, SOMETHING MORE POWERFUL ANY OF US HAS EVER HAVE ENCOUNTERED, IS CONTROLLING THE WATER!"
    He unsheates the blad, and throws it against the man, and the second he lets go of the handle, he attempts to cast a dimensional spell to teleport it, making it appear a foot or so in front of the man. He then swims over to the shore.
     
  9. Maniac

    Maniac Apolyton Sage

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2004
    Messages:
    5,582
    Location:
    Gent, Belgium
    "So you prefer to burn to death??"


    How entangled is the assassin btw? Can he free himself? Could he be freed with my help?
     
  10. zxcvbnm

    zxcvbnm The Nobody

    Joined:
    May 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2,070
    Location:
    nowhere
    The spell fails but it moves the blade unpredictably so the man doesn't manage to evade it. It piercces the shower as nothing and hits him in his elbow. However he is not even nearly fatally injured.

    Tsanal feels completely exhausted now, and barely manages to escape the drowned and get away from the water.

    One of the drowned grabs a bird and tears it apart.

    Even your threats don't have an effect on the last living assassin:
    "I will burn rather than reveal things to you. Don't think that because one of you controls the drowned you can escape me!"

    He is completely able to free himself as the floor is only slightly uneven but your threat keeps him in place.
     
  11. zxcvbnm

    zxcvbnm The Nobody

    Joined:
    May 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2,070
    Location:
    nowhere
    The Bannor patrols finally arrive.

    The insane and wounded priest flees and orders his creatures to sink that ship. Fortunately they have little capability for that and the soldiers easily dispatch them. The fire can't be put out but the people inside are released before the ship collapses to a floating inferno.

    You are all rounded up and taken to the nearest barracks. As the assassin is taken away he shouts something:
    "You can't run from us forever! We will hunt you down someday until you pay what Corvanes wants! Your little rotten dummies don't scare us!" and curses in doviello.

    You are all locked up for the rest of the night for breaking the curfew. You'll be questioned in the morning.

    When locked up you check your injuries:

    Mipe is slightly wounded in his left arm
    Tsanal's burning rat is dead

    Others are unharmed
     
  12. zxcvbnm

    zxcvbnm The Nobody

    Joined:
    May 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2,070
    Location:
    nowhere
    You are locked up in the same cell, although Munak has her private chamber arranged
     
  13. Kjaaly

    Kjaaly Chieftain

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2007
    Messages:
    60
    Tsanal whispers to the others: "Sooo, what excuse are we going to use? Where we helping the demagogue? Where we tricked into believing we where helping the Bannor? We need to use the same explanation, or we'll be in biiig trouble."
     
  14. thomas.berubeg

    thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2006
    Messages:
    8,702
    Location:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    We were of course under orders of the demagogue.

    [what do we have in this cell? any thing that i could use to help us get it if need be? some water or something? froen water expands, and could crack the lock... do people want me to do that?]
     
  15. Bad Player

    Bad Player Chieftain

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2005
    Messages:
    3,531
    Location:
    (Bris)Vegas!
    Note: I wasn't with the crew (yeah, that's us!) when they got arrested so I might go spend the gold on high class whores and coke. Then I'll come and bail you out.

    Not to fear! I shall recount the tales of our mighty struggle against evil unto all who will incline their ear!


    That night I try to join the demagogue and the order mob in ridding the city of this evil new cult. Then I will try and get him to let out my crew (bail if necessary) and tell him we will join the fight against the blasphemers. Also weapons and freedom to break the curfew will be necessary!
     
  16. Maniac

    Maniac Apolyton Sage

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2004
    Messages:
    5,582
    Location:
    Gent, Belgium
    In case I get a chance to talk with the others before I get my own cell/barracks:

    First, those seven the first (Doviello?) attackers were expecting were of course us. :hammer2:

    Second, the assassin told me "I will burn rather than reveal things to you. Don't think that because one of you controls the drowned you can escape me!" So I guess he doesn't believe we weren't aware of Overlords involvement, despite some of you attacking the priest. Or perhaps he didn't see the priest? Or something else? :confused:

    Also I can't make sense of his other exclamation. :confused:
    "You can't run from us forever! We will hunt you down someday until you pay what Corvanes wants! Your little rotten dummies don't scare us!" and curses in doviello."

    What Corvanes wants us to pay?? I assumed he would be aware of the "cargo" in his ship and thus be in league with the Overlords. What is this guy's relation to Corvanes?
     
  17. kenken244

    kenken244 Grammar Nazi

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2007
    Messages:
    980
    Location:
    Grammar Nazi Conclave
    First I would like to attempt to clarify our current situation. Before we were attacked i overheard the following conversation between our attackers:

    One cloaked human in a Doviello accent said, "They weren't in the warehouse. They must be on the boat."
    Another said, "I count four. We expected seven. Stay alert. Lupon, it is your show."

    our attackers must have searched the blue wherehouse in order to find the cult's cargo. they must have known that corvanes was working with the cult and thus they suspected that the cargo was on his boat. Corvanes must have hired us to help the cult as he knew beforehand of the attack on the boat and i do not believe that the cult would attack itself. We now are presented with a choice: we can either escape from this cell and join with the cult, or we can tell the demagouge all that we know of this cult and join with the bannor.

    Seeing as our attackers expected seven people, there may be more possible enimies on the loose. I think it would be safest to stay in this cell untill morning
     
  18. Psychic_Llamas

    Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2005
    Messages:
    6,366
    Location:
    Western Australia
    [Assuming we all have our stuff still, except our eapons of corse]

    [Mryddyn, who is extremely weakened from the nights endeavours, attempts to get out his bag of reagent seeds, but with shaking hands he drops them. The others can see the frustration on his face. He eventually gathers them all up and gets them into a small bowl, which was in his back pack, he then begins crushing them 1 by 1 with his thumb nail, letting the magical juices ooze out. Slowly he continues his work, the others bemused by the seemingly pointless act.]

    [Finally he pours the thick juices into 3 vials from his bag, but the last little bit he drinks. He feels as though he drank warm honeyed water, a strange sensation runs through his body as his energies replenish themselves. finally he says:]
    "Reaenergent potion. (in explanataion) i really should have done that before we got on the boat."

    "I think we should tell the bannor everything we know about that ship, and the cult. We never declined the demagogue's offer, so im inclinded to accept it after that catastrophy."

    [he moves across to Mipes left arm, feeling much more energetic.]
    "let me see that wound Mipe"
    [he pulls out one of his healing salves and begins to clean and bindthe wound so it dosnt get infected.]
    "is anyone else wounded?"

    [whilst he works on clean peoples wounds he says:]
    "next time we can see our selves getting into a fight, we need to have a plan of action so that the situation dosnt get so chaotic again. we need to decide what roles people will have in a fight."

    [Im going to write up a spell list for my Character, and can the DM tell me the cance of any of those spells working? because none of mine worked :( (except the entangling seeds)]
     
  19. kenken244

    kenken244 Grammar Nazi

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2007
    Messages:
    980
    Location:
    Grammar Nazi Conclave
    "I'll be in charge of general attacking. And fixing any messes that may arise unexpectedly."

    [and i hope you realize that if someone is not at their computer and you want them to do something, you can simply say what you want them to do (provided it is reasonable)]
     
  20. thomas.berubeg

    thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2006
    Messages:
    8,702
    Location:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I motion we follow the demagogue...
     

Share This Page