Error message

madboy77

Chieftain
Whenever I play the Assyrians in ROM upon settling the capital Neniv*h (actually the "e" is replaced by a square) I get the message:

Error in cityBuild event handler <bound method AIAutoPlay.onCityBuild of AIAutoPlay.AIAutoPlay instance at 0x05B505Do>>

Anyone knows what that is?

This mod is dead - that is no support was done in almost decade here.

If you want updated version, then you can try RoM: A New Dawn or much bigger mod - Caveman2Cosmos.

Oh, sure, I know - tried them both and both don't work for me. ROM is better in many ways.
I was just curious if there's an easy way to fix it...

Whenever I play the Assyrians in ROM upon settling the capital Neniv*h (actually the "e" is replaced by a square) I get the message:

Error in cityBuild event handler <bound method AIAutoPlay.onCityBuild of AIAutoPlay.AIAutoPlay instance at 0x05B505Do>>

Anyone knows what that is?
RoM was designed to Only be played in English. You play in any other language and it will have problems like this.

RoM was designed to Only be played in English. You play in any other language and it will have problems like this.

By the longest stretch of my consciousness I am playing in English. unless there's something I'm missing or some files that specify otherwise that I'm not aware of (as I obviously could be). And how is event handler connected to language selection? and why only the Assyrians (and one other civ I now can't recall)?

can sth be done about it? what language selection to fix ? (I bought the game in English only, downloaded and installed the mod as the authors suggested)..

You must find the xml file for the Capital Names and correct the spelling of Nineveh. There is a non English character in that name which you pointed out.

Ok, didn't konw it was that simple...
thank you !

BTW: it was in the RoM_CIV4GameText_Assyria.xml

Last edited:
Ok, didn't konw it was that simple...
thank you !

BTW: it was in the RoM_CIV4GameText_Assyria.xml
Glad you found it.:)

It's been close to 7 years since I last was involved with RoM. So the memory can be a bit stale after all this time. :p

Top Bottom