1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Escape From Zombie Island 2 ready for public consumption

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by KingArthur, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Cloner4000

Cloner4000 Call of Duty

Hey, question, how do we set it to debug mode? I forgot. Thanks...

2. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Administrator

It's under Scenario Properties in the editor.

3. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

How, exactly does an autosave work? Do we have to manually save it. And if we don't where is it located?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. :)

4. KingArthur

KingArthur Searching for the Holy Grail

It is saved automatically while you play and you'll find the file in the Saves\Auto folder e.g. C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Saves\Auto

Just remember to look at the Date Modified on the file and send the latest one.

5. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

I figured it out. Thanks. ;)

BTW, Sorry, that I replied so late.

6. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

Wow! People are crankin' out stuff for this scenario rather fast! We have the brand-new zombie leaderhead and the new Alpha Zombie. Yeah! :D

7. KingArthur

It's coming along nicely LM. Supa is making a farmer's daughter and then plans to do a Monster Zombie!

8. Benson

Benson Chieftain

But lots of fun!!!:goodjob:

In the pedia you mentioned the Secret Files in the Secret Lab of the KillerCorp. I conquered it but there arent any secret Files, my hero stands at the victory Point on the mainland and i didn`t win the game. Only three citys left.
    Its a tough ride, but funny one.
    I have to start five times again with the survivors, every time lowering the difficulty(i know, im a *****, now playing warlord with less agression). In this session i didnt loss heros in the first rounds.

Is it Intention that the armory and the military Base is unconnectable to the rest of your cities? I guess 2000 Turns to build a road is a long time.:cry:
    But i guess its for gaming Balance.

regards
    Benson

9. Benson

Benson Chieftain

i didnt get it, was playing an old version from the Map Thread, Guess i have to download new and give it a new try.

10. KingArthur

Hi Benson.
    Well if you got a version from a different thread that will explain a lot of your questions. The most recent version is on page 1 of this thread and there is an entirely revised version on its way very soon.

11. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

Since I'm not at school, what's the new squid unit's graphics?

12. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Same squid and animations but removed the anomolies and Strange colors ...all in the "Read Me" in the Squid Unit Folder.
    As soon as you Testers get the Main Download, there are a couple of Files you will need that correct a couple of units so please let King Arthur know when you have the Main Game Downloaded.

13. Lkysam

Lkysam Warlord

Hey! Just dropped in to say that I have played the current version of the scenario several times and I have enjoyed it immensely. So far I have only played the survivors, but I want to branch out. Does anyone have a general strategy for the authorities/ the company? Both of those seem really hard and I get wiped out quickly :)

Good luck with the next version!

14. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

Authorities: Survive until Cruisers. Build 2+ and start bombarding. Then get missiles, and flatten the island.

Company: Take the Bank ASAP. Move the Doc to the Bastion, and research to mad scientist and get the Manbot. Then go and conquer some more, and go and research the required techs for the 5 steps.

That's what I do.

15. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

Authorities ... I always go for Convention Centre first ... get Elvis and Morris ... upgrade to Dalek and Super Elvis ... I get Alliance with Farmers ... together we attack Armory, make sure you get it though. Car Park is next ... love them cars.

I also research Fortifications first ... and trade for Nerds and Keep Lights On.

16. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

@Fe3333au: They're playing the CURRENT version. There is no Convention Centre in that! :)

17. Benson

Benson Chieftain

I was confused cause you talked about playing Zebs Farmboys, but in my Version you can`t play them(which is a little bit sad). Iam looking forward for the revised version.

18. Lkysam

Lkysam Warlord

Ok, thanks for the help. So I'm assuming that you don't attack at all before cruisers? Should I bother getting the barricade tech, or just hope that I can buy it? Oh, and since the hospital is so hard to keep, should I just raze it to stop the nurse zombies? And what do you do about monster zombies? They always seem to get those before I get cruisers, which makes it very tough to hold on.

19. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

@Lkysam ... sorry about the miss information, I havn't played older versions for quite some time .... I assume this is relivant, however if not some stratergies would still assist.

Keeping the Hospital is very prudent,
    ... playing as Authorities has the bonus of having both City Hall and Armoury having the ability to upgrade units.
    ... I'd concentrate your northern forces there, which will assist the Survivor's battle.
    ... I'd get Barricades (I rush them in virtually all frontline cities, in fact I research this tech first at a flat out rate)
    ... and use the Truck to quickly move units back and forth.

Also position extra units in the Appartments and attack zombies that are on the less defensible tiles like open ground and roads ... they can soon become elite and then spawn leaders ... which cannot be transported but can run to Armoury in 3ish turns to become a champion.

20. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

There were no champions in the old version.