Espionage and FF

Charybdis

Scion Doomgiver
So wondering if there's any great desire for espionage in the game.

I had some ideas flitting about last night before going to sleep, wondering how open to making a spy system Vehem before I work them out?

I'd like some sort of espionage, perhaps as an option?

A while back I outlined the way I'd like to see it implemented here

There's some loose (and unfinished) notes on how to add Espionage to FfH in the FfH mods forum, by hacking the XML and implementing a particular .dll. Look for a thread entitled something like "Passive Epsionage and Rumours"

So wondering if there's any great desire for espionage in the game.

I had some ideas flitting about last night before going to sleep, wondering how open to making a spy system Vehem before I work them out?

No plans for espionage, but the same was true for the lairs system until I saw how well what Marnok had done worked. If you've got some ideas - they're always welcome.

The one "no-go" would be to just reimplement the BtS mechanic with some new names however. I much prefer new mechanics to rehashes of old ones. It's also not likely to happen quickly - some ideas that were mentioned on the board months ago are only recently being implemented (the missing mana spheres etc), but I can guarantee that it would never happen without some good ideas...

I've always hated how espionage is implemented in civ, so I vote no. I just don't find it fun. If you do implement it, try to keep it so that it can be easily played without (not quite true in normal civ, since then all the espionage boosters become culture boosters).

Well if espionage points (ep) are added to pre-existing buildings, just don't make the ep convert into culture. The buildings will still serve their current function.

And don't make the spy return to capital after mission. And make experienced spies more powerful than rookies.

Yhea, an expirienced spie/sabator is less likely to make a mistake an get cought then a rookie.

Isn't there a Super Spies mod which could be implemented to give promotions to spies? I guess it could be integrated.

If I ever get any time in RL I'll get back to working out (and posting) the rest of the XML hacks needed in the aforesaid FfH espionage thread.

Top Bottom