Espionage-propaganda

thunder

Chieftain
I apologise if this has been brought up before. "Propaganda" I have invested a lot of reaserch, time and coin (game wise) into this, and have achieved nothing. I am your Monarch + style player. Please let me know of your successes with this tool. Espionage is a great tool and i use it quite often. Just some of its components have let me down (propaganda).

PS Best forum for civ questions, and that is why I am here.

I cant use it!İ have spies in other civs but,i cant use propaganda!Pls help!what must i do to use it?

i had the same problem. just make sure you use it against non-democracy governments. demo is immune to propoganda, so it won't work.

ive used propaganda profitably to take island cities. a good example would be if im invading an ai with 20 continental cities and one city on some remote island and i dont feel like building a navy to get the straggler. so i pick it off with propaganda. in my experience it fails a lot but it can be attempted multiple times per turn.

if you ask me why its so important to pick up that last city its simple. if you dont destroy the civ then their cities can revolt back to them. if you take the last one then they cant. make sure not to wait too long to take this city or late in the war it may turn into their new capital and then you cant overthrow it with this method.

It's also useful for passive variants. By "passive", I mean never attacking an AI city.

one think i like to do is time it so i cancle my trades withthem so they have less luxuarys, and then i give them goverment tech (or sell it to them) then while they are in arnachy i flip them.

heheheh nice trick,i didnt know that "immunity" thats too bad,all of them generally in democrasy,a few sometimes be communist,Propaganda is useful i think,i take their cities without "military" and dont disturb other countries,i generally use my millitary when i can make tanks (i generally play with germany,i use panzers)i'm building a new "attacking unit" so i dont need the old ones,so i'm using them,i fight until all my cavaliries die,and i gain a lot :)

I dont know the mechanics of it, but propaganda works very well for me. Its easier to go military, but it has happened to me to flip up to three cities per turn with it. I find it useful later in the game when the AI goes MPP-crazy, and your semi-peaceful conquest of a town or two would start world war 3 (or ww10, all according to your own playing style).

Nobody said:
one think i like to do is time it so i cancle my trades withthem so they have less luxuarys, and then i give them goverment tech (or sell it to them) then while they are in arnachy i flip them.

Thats a great idea. I will have to try that. I myself have not had any success with propaganda; however I try using it very infrequently. But, thanks to this thread, I will for sure try it out again.

thunder said:
So it only works when a city is in anarchy?

I think that when the civ is in anarchy, or the city is in civil disorder, the propaganda is more likely to succeed. I rarely use it even in that instance, since it's not cost-effective. I don't think I've seen a one-tile island in any of my Civ 3 games; that would probably be the only impetus for trying these days.

If you get the city down to size one, it only costs about 200 gold... and is way more likely to work.

You can reduce the city soze with an ROP, just send in some workers and have them convert your opponent's irrigation to mine and then plant forrests, making each former gassland produce i food per turn and thus bringing the population down to two.

Pentium said:
How can you reduce the city size without bombing?
Siege. Put units on all tiles producing food in the city's 21 tiles. That's what I did in Ank13.

Top Bottom