ETA for 1.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneBinary

Warlord
I've heard there are a bunch of good changes for 1.0. Any ETA at this point? I assume you would want to wait until after 3.13, but are we talking like days/weeks/months?

Thanks!

I've heard there are a bunch of good changes for 1.0. Any ETA at this point?

Well, if you are speaking of 1.0 vs. 0.16, yes, some good stuff added :)
if you are speaking of 1.0 vs. last internal version taken from SVN, no, only small things will be added before 1.0 release.

I assume you would want to wait until after 3.13, but are we talking like days/weeks/months?
Thanks!

Not sure, but I think that being it released in a few days, it'll better to postpone the 1.0 to wait for it and fix any compatibility problem.

Things that may be interesting from the list of changes:

#####
Added ability to override modular XML loading in mod ini file
Improved Espionage screen (by Almightix)
Added city zoom to event popup
Exposed CvCity::AI_AvoidGrowth() to Python
Added ability to save cities, improvements, and resources as nifs from in game
Added Solver's events
Different unit artstyles can have different buttons
New button art for event plot indicator
#####

Well, if you are speaking of 1.0 vs. 0.16, yes, some good stuff added :)
if you are speaking of 1.0 vs. last internal version taken from SVN, no, only small things will be added before 1.0 release.
Sorry, yes was talking about changes from 0.16 to 1.0 :)

Improved Espionage screen (by Almightix)

Ooh, I missed this one when reading the list. This will be a definite collision (I didn't see any others) requiring testing. We include a whole new screen based on Almightix's version, so it should just override the new one as well.

Please do release for 3.02/3.03 first, then work out the kinks for 3.13. I couldn't care less about version numbers :)

I'm tempted to release 1.0 this weekend, with or without 3.13. It looks like there will be no changes that affect BUG in 3.13, so why wait?

Having said that, I'm hoping to be rather busy this weekend for unrelated reasons. What is the availability of the rest of the team? Alerum has been handling the releases (packing, installer, etc) so far.

Saturday is a bad day for me, but I can work on it Sunday. Is when I was planning to do the screen shots, so I think I'll get the shots done, then put out 1.0. Now so I'm clear on this, we are NOT going to put the BUG mod into the FBUG Mod, but instead require they be downloaded separately? For the record, I dont' want to be the one to field the questions about how come they don't have smilies in their score.

I've had this question since I found out about BUG... why have 2 versions? Are there people out there that really really don't like the Flavor additions?

Yes - there are people who don't want flavour additions. I haven't checked what all there is, but I don't want any new graphics for example (maybe some day I will, but that'll be then not now).

I've had this question since I found out about BUG... why have 2 versions? Are there people out there that really really don't like the Flavor additions?

Yes, there are, at least one... me :mischief:

But the main reason is that BUG is a small mod to download, while FBUG is big.
And not everybody have broadband... I don't know how thinks are in USA or elsewhere, but for example here in Italy broadband is under 50%.

Saturday is a bad day for me, but I can work on it Sunday. Is when I was planning to do the screen shots, so I think I'll get the shots done, then put out 1.0. Now so I'm clear on this, we are NOT going to put the BUG mod into the FBUG Mod, but instead require they be downloaded separately? For the record, I dont' want to be the one to field the questions about how come they don't have smilies in their score.

No problem about this, we only have to make clear (I did it in the readmes (I hope), you can do it in the home page) that FBUG is a stand-alone add-on of BUG mod. They can use it on its own (as they can do with the BUG Mod) but if they want all the features of the BUG project, they have to install the FBUG add-on over the BUG mod.

In any case, I'm not against a third pack including both BUG and FBUG if you think that it will be useful to users (I think that the other 2 are enough, but hey, the BUG'motto is "the more options, the better", so...;) ). But IMHO it has to be a simple install pack that puts together the original files and docs of the 2 mods, and it has to be be named in a way that makes clear that it is NOT the FBUG, but BUG+FBUG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom