1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Ethiopia Pack Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Kibikus, Jul 23, 2020.

1. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

OK, just in case everybody hasn't noticed by now... Ethiopia with voidsingers is absolutely, absolutely broken.

I went earth goddess (had a +9 rock hewn church early) and in the end I faith-bought a whole engineer at t60 for 1350 faith to build petra in a 1 pop city.... never mind the absolute brokenness of monumentality when you are cranking up triple-digit faith that early without a single holy site.

Actually voidsingers are just broken in general. +4 faith AND a slot is way too much for a monument (suggest nerfing this to +2 or +1)

I am salivating at the possibility of moose Teddy (with or without earth goddess... religious settlements may yet be better but depends whether you go voidsingers or not) and very early two-promoted Reyna... the yields man! Going to try that next! (never mind the national parks... that can be much later) And for once, Liang's ultimate promotion might just come in handy.

2. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I was thinking Bull Moose Teddy might go well with the Hermetic Order.
    I think finding a natural wonder and the possibility of ley lines being adjacent to them would be very beneficial.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  3. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

Screenshot_20200724-175018_Twitter.jpg The governor titles work as intended... :king:

acluewithout likes this.
  4. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

Will someone PLEASE convince me that bull moose Teddy is not complete broken? (even without secret socities)....

upload_2020-7-24_23-4-10.png

5. Aurelesk

Aurelesk Warlord

I am quoting myself and adding a picture.

I do not any mods on the current game. As you can see, district is on top of a bonus ressouce, and that bonus ressource is harvestable. Is this new, or did I miss to observe a previous change?

Spoiler :

6. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Basically the only thing that slowed me down was the lack of space after the first few cities (I was on a peninsula and wasn't really being aggressive with the neighbors). i'm still out-sciencing and out-culturing everyone though.

7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It's very map dependent. Sometimes you get a lot of breathtaking tiles with good yields, other starts none.

Noble Zarkon and Pietato like this.
  8. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

Extremely map dependent. I had to restart many, many times before I even started near anything that would trigger his power. That aside, I don't find him particularly powerful because you are often not building districts optimally due to waiting for parks.

In my current game, I joined up with the Hermatic Order, which has made for an interesting game. Not sure how I feel about that particular society.

9. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

I'd go with void singers + earth goddess.

With bull moose I reckon it is OK even if you spend 10 turns wandering around to get a good starting spot. Starting off with +4 culture and +4 science is worth many a turn.

10. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I guess? But I found that I wasn't putting districts in places because the distict I'd build there would be demonstrably worse than the raw yields from working the supertile (GPP excepted of course).

comatosedragon likes this.
  11. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

This.

How good would it be without earth goddess?

Avenger237 and acluewithout like this.
  12. Snarf054

Snarf054 Chieftain

It's a side effect of a bug fix. You can also work the tile until the district is finished, then it disappears.

acluewithout likes this.
  13. kryat

kryat King

The bonus is also limits your infrastructure building, since the best production improvements take away from appeal.

Myomoto likes this.
  14. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

His brokenness lies in the fact that the bonuses kick in right at the very start. Allowing you to get a very fast early setup for whatever victory condition. Imagine t20 horsemen for example if you go domination.

Lumber mills are pretty awesome too... they are like apprenticeship mines, although indeed you forgo the chop. Still, would you rather have +2 culture +2 science +2 faith on a lumber mill tile or the one-time chop of production? Thinking long term, I'd prefer the former.

Forget mine/Ruhr infrastructure--just buy everything with faith (earth goddess)! Moksha + Jesuit if you are able to get that religion spread to your cities later. Early on lumber mills are enough.

Reyna's appeal promotion is also pretty handy for your first city. Makes reaching breathtaking on multiple tiles easy.

Yes, earth goddess pretty much makes or breaks this build (monumentality, etc.)... voidsingers can help with +4/monument as well.

If the game lasts long enough Eiffel becomes a no-brainer.

8housesofelixir likes this.
  15. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

He isn't completely broken when they are notably more broken civs overall, meaning he isn't the best leader in the game. I would probably put several ahead of him.

16. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Teddy kind of feels like an alternate Kupe. Both get significant yields from terrain. I kind of like playing the appeal game, it adds an extra strategic benefit, although yeah, in the right setup you can have +4 science and +4 culture right from turn 1. Maybe his bonus would have been better to space out over time - ie. +1 science/+1 culture in the ancient era, growing to +2/+2 somewhere in the medieval era, and maybe even going further to +3/+3 at conservation.

17. Casualty of war

Casualty of war Prince

If you're having Work Ethic issues, drop a Shrine or even a Temple in there as ablative armor. It isn't until the Holy Site itself is broke that the production bonus is lost.

I actually managed to recover the production bonus once after losing it to a blizzard but I haven't found a consistent way to do so. I don't really mind if Firaxis patches this because it is ree-diculous.

Myomoto likes this.
  18. DanQuayle

DanQuayle Prince

Interesting..
    I'm playing a game when I cleared 4 barbarian camps (although 2 were later ones in the classical era), but I still didn't get a an invitation to the Sanguine Pact..
    This would amount to a 0.81% probability..
    Either I am really unlucky or maybe there is a hardcap to the number of civilizations that can join the same secret society in the same game?
    Any way to verify this?

19. The googles do nothing

The googles do nothing Prince

Sanguine Pact - If you don't have a city when joining you don't get it when you found the city.

20. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

There's nothing in the game files to suggest a limit to the number of Civs that can join a SS. Also, four events seems an insufficient pool to make an accurate determination of probability imo. I think you were just unlucky.