1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Ethiopia Pack Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Kibikus, Jul 23, 2020.

1. kryat

kryat King

How is the leyline visible from turn 1? I thought you needed to be in the society to see them...

2. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

You wouldn't make a very good .. err.. whichever Society

He IS in that Society, on Turn 1, because he started pretty much next to a Natural Wonder and joined the Society.

3. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis King

Same thing happened to me. Playing Ethiopia, wanted Voidsingers, but it was a bad map generation and I wasn't able to discover them on my continent.

blackcatatonic likes this.
  4. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

yeah, it's a bit lame how you can get like 4 free governour titles (in theory) early

Jkchart, nzcamel, Banazir864 and 2 others like this.
  5. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

Soooo.....Is there anything particularly secretive about secret societies? It seems the information is as available as any other civ info.

6. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

It requires RnF because Kublai 100% leads Mongolia, and Mongolia is a RnF civ. He is likely to receive the Eleanor treatment to lead China as well, since that is a popular request in this forum.

nzcamel and iammaxhailme like this.
  7. oSiyeza

oSiyeza Prince

Most changes are good, I like them.

I didn't expect any mayor fix or deep change out of the free patches, where the devs said balance changes will be an important focus, so I will not complain about that here.

However, I am dissapointed that the Apocalypse mode, the sootsayer exploit, or GC have not received any love.

Hopephully the new contemt is at least better balanced, and better polished than the last one.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  8. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Yeah I had curator Pingala by Medieval. :mischief:

9. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

Sorry, but that's wishful thinking, not logical.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  10. EmJayLambert

EmJayLambert Chieftain

But you need those extra titles for your SS Governor further down the line.

11. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

Well, my concern is that choices make things interesting. Over the long-term, all these freebie governor promotions detract from having to make tough choices.

And there seems to be no double-edge here. There's no risk-to-reward, just reward. There's no investment to get into a society because we get in my just doing stuff we'd be doing anyways.

And again, they're not really secretive. There's no risk of dire consequence from being discovered, there's no expectations on the civ to adhere to a society's creed lest they be turned on.

Just....more goodies? Well, I'll give it a shot this weekend.

12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Correct. It's been speculated that Kubai could lead both. But I don't know that many of us are necessarily hoping that's the case.

Jkchart and darkace77450 like this.
  13. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

You want them. You don't need them.

Adding a governor doesn't necessarily mean showering the player with more promotions. Just means having another channel for choices.

14. darkace77450

darkace77450 Emperor

Kublai is a fine choice for an alt leader. That said, I personally find Wilhelmina's LA to be incredibly boring and was hoping for William of Orange.

Jkchart, Hawke9, Nev_ti and 1 other person like this.
  15. berlin88

berlin88 Warlord

Why does Rough Rider Teddy get two unique units (P-51 Mustang and Rough Rider), while Bull Moose Teddy only gets one?

If you want the Bull Moose Roosevelt, then he should get a unique naval unit, since President Roosevelt was a big proponent of a strong Navy and had them go on a tour of the world (The Great White Fleet). Bull Moose Teddy should have been given a Connecticut Class Battleship as a unique unit. Either that, or limit the P-51 Mustang to Bull Moose Teddy, so that each version of Roosevelt has the same number of unique units.

Like I mentioned in a previous thread, an aviation unique unit makes no sense for Roosevelt, while a Naval unique unit would make much better sense.

16. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

Most leaders don't get a second unique unit. I don't see why Bull Moos Teddy should get one.

nzcamel, Banazir864 and Elhoim like this.
  17. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I agree, I think the P-51 should be replaced by a minuteman or something. A unique plane is pretty useless

Banazir864 likes this.
  18. Inhalaattori

Inhalaattori Emperor

P-51 Mustang is NOT unique unit for Bull Moose Teddy. He doesnt have unique unit.

nzcamel and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  19. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

It's not as crazy as Frederick with a U-Boat.
    The P-51 Mustang is America's UU so that's in no relation to Teddy whatsoever. Considering Bull Moose Teddy has nothing to do with combat I don't get why he would need a UU.

20. berlin88

berlin88 Warlord

I realize most leaders don't have two unique units, I was simply stating they should balance the two Roosevelt's. Either give both Roosevelt's two unique units, or give them each one. Its unbalanced to say one Teedy can have two uniques, while the other Teddy only gets to have one.

Bull Moose Tedyy is the politician version of Teddy Roosevelt, and Roosevelt the Politician was a big supporter of having a Robust Navy (he also served as assistant secretary of the Navy), hence my suggestion of a Naval unit like an early Connecticut Class Battleship.

8housesofelixir likes this.