1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Europe 1919

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by REDY, Jul 11, 2005.

1. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

Update:
    Renamed suggested cities
    More Alliances, now Losers:Hungary,Germany,Austria and Bulgaria and Small alliance: Czechoslovakia,Romania,Yugoslavia
    Fixed some others

2. Caesar Ozo

Caesar Ozo Emperor of Ozonia

Actually, USSR was formed in 1922. :)

3. Ieyasu

Ieyasu Chieftain

Realy ? ;)
    :lol:
    realy..

4. Metacomet

Metacomet King

Hi,

Great game I love to play it, it's really fun only a coupple of things.

Malta was under British rule. In 1921, Malta became self-governing while power and responsibility was shared between Britain and Maltese ministers. In 1936, Malta became a colonial regime. Malta earned its independence within the Commonwealth in 1964, became a Republic in 1974, and ended its dependence on England in 1979 when it proclaimed its neutrality.

Cyprus was an english colony too because Cyprus is annexed by Britain when Ottoman Empire enters into the World War I on the side of Germany; subsequently the island becomes a British Crown colony and under the British rule.

5. SaepesGenistae

SaepesGenistae SaepesGenistae

Redy, how did you get the custom flic files? I really want some for one of my scenarios, but I don't know how to create/download them...

6. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

From graphics threat, I think these flags are from Paasky...

7. SaepesGenistae

SaepesGenistae SaepesGenistae

Thanks, I might download them! Btw, great scenario! :goodjob:

8. Der Sensenmann

Der Sensenmann Lasombra Stalker

If you want more places for oil, stick some in Romania (Ploesti), and Austria (Zistersdorf, northeast of Vienna). Nice job otherwise.

9. Trajan13

Trajan13 Warlord

I just downloaded this scenario, I have to say it's very nicely done! I just love playing with a whole lot of countries, even the small ones. It's a great scenario.

A couple of suggestions - Having it in years is probably a bad idea. It just flies by way too quick. I'd suggest setting it to months and giving it 372 turns - that will take the game from 1919 to 1950.
    Also you mentioned your English. Honestly it's not that bad, I mean I'd love to be able to speak another language with the same level of fluency you have in English. But I did clean up the scenario description a little, if you want it -

After the Great War, Europe has become a different place. Both the victors and the losers have been devastated. Austria-Hungary was split into a multitude of new states. The German Reich was forbidden from having a military, and was forced to give up both the Rhineland and the Danzig corridor. The Ottoman Empire has also lost much territory. The Red Army of the Soviet Union, still in it's infancy, is locked in a battle against the White Russian monarchists. In the colonies the first revolts have started - A new age for Europe has begun!

And the leaders of the Soviet Union, Poland and France should be tagged male, not female. :)

EDIT1 - Some more linguistic correction with the nations -
    With Finland, Fines should be Finns
    With Ireland, Ires should be Irish
    With Norway, it should be Norwegians and adjective Norwegian.

Oh, and if you go to months as opposed to years, you should also multiply tech costs by like a factor of 2.5 or 3 to make sure we don't have ICBM's in 1922.

10. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

Thanx all. I edited and gave version 1.02

11. Dragontamer135

Dragontamer135 Chieftain

Great scenario, but in 1919 Hungary was communist, lead by Bela Kun and was allies with the Russian Soviet government. also i think you should add Ostend to belgium because belgium did have acces to the english channel , and France didnt border the neatherlands in 1919.

12. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

Hello. I wanted make long era so goverments and leaders are not only for 1919 and not extremely accurately. About Belgium maybe...

13. Dragontamer135

Dragontamer135 Chieftain

Ohh Ok I see your point, but then what about Turkey, for the most part of the era, (since 1923) the treaty of Luasanne gave Turkey back Easter Thrace, Smyrna and the control of the straits. In other words shouldn't Antalya, Adana, and Izmir be turkish?

14. I am the Future

I am the Future Oi Oi Oi !!!

If only there was more of africa.

WW2 anyone. I know there are enough ww2 scenarios but one from the treaty of versiy(cant spell) till blitzcrege on Poland would be cool.

shouldnt petrograd be the capital?

15. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

I am the Future: I think Petrograd is capital , maybe you have older file?

Dragontamer135: Goverments and leaders. Areas are accurately. And its more interseting with colonies in Turkey... :)

16. I am the Future

I am the Future Oi Oi Oi !!!

oops my bad Petrograd is the capital but Moscow it the Player Start Location

17. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

OK. This is no OK, I will fix it in next version, but its not huge problem:)

18. Suomi

Suomi Chieftain

Good map and stuff, but when I tried it out the king unit files wernt found

19. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

Updated - version 1.03 is extending trade, I also added more resources. I will work on it in far future.

20. Savas cafe

Savas cafe Chieftain

hello,

I have just downloaded the 1.3 version but it crashes from the beginning, giving me a "Art/flicks/Italy does not exist". Do you know what is wrong?

one more question: the original post says something about a "0.3 MB" size to be downloaded, the folder I downloaded was only 70 KB. Am I missing something here?