European Middle Ages Mod Resurrection

I'm sorry everyone that I haven't done very much at all with the mod over the last two or so weeks. I've been very busy with RL. Fortunately, after today or Sunday I'll have a lot more time and I'll be able to get back to work on the mod. Most likely the only new additions I'm going to do this week and include for 0.55 will be the end of the tech tree changes. I think that the new version will be a significant improvement over the last one, especially in the buildings and leader traits/personalities area. I'm sorry if the post doesn't make a whole lot of sense, I'm very tired at the moment. Anyway, I don't think the new version will be here on the 25th but will probably be here before next Saturday.

Well, here are some pictures of areas of the map that I altered. Most notably I made Sicily and Sardinia smaller and shifted Italy, Sicily, Sardinia, and Corsica to be more angled.

Attachments

• Sardinia, Sicily, Italy 0.55.JPG
    Sardinia, Sicily, Italy 0.55.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Ireland 0.55.JPG
    Ireland 0.55.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Jutland 0.55.JPG
    Jutland 0.55.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 84
Yay! 0.55 is basically ready!

All I have left to do is some basic testing and then I'll upload it. Hopefully I can upload it tomorrow evening. Here are my personal notes of the changes, minus the building specifics and such.

Additions:
-new graphics for Envoy (made by me)
-new graphics for Goten Huskarl (made by me)
-working on Otto's (Widukind's and Theodoric's also) german diplomacy
-new graphics for spearman
-new graphics for Chevallier (made by me)
-new graphics for Magyarok Horse Archer
-new graphics for Galleass
-new graphics for Heavy Galleazza
-new graphics for Daylami
-new graphics for Steppe Horseman
-all new buttons for techs
-all new buttons for buildings
-all new buttons for projects
-new Techs: The Silk Road, The Hanseatic League, New World Voyage
-projects The Silk Road, The Hanseatic League, and New World Voyage now require the corresponding technology
-Civilizations are now limited on what production victories they may pursue

Changes:
-building changes and additions by lshockley
-moved Diet of the Hansa from Paper to Representation
-Have Architect have no +2 health, instead have +50% worker production
-Have Wise not have 2x production of Courts
-Have Pious produce missionaries 2x production
-Have Industrious not have 2x production of Master Workshop, but Belfry instead
-Have Influential have 2x production of Courts and Castles
-Redistributed the traits for every leader
-worked on personalities: WonderRand, BaseAttitude, PeaceRand, WarRand, Close/Far War Ratios
-+5% tech cost across the board
-moved following techs: Literature, Chivalry, Education, Crossbow, Banking, Humanism, Paper, Weaving, Printing Press, Crop Rotation, Shipbuilding, Milling
-The Silk Road now called Trans-Continental Trade
-many technologies have different technology prerequisites
-Saffron moved from Guilds to Manorialism
-Humanism now gives the first discoverer a Great Noble
-moved Hanseatic Kontor, Hansa Membership - Luxuries, and Hansa Membership - Fur to The Hanseatic League Tech

Bug Fixes:
-Bayan and Theudis removed
-fixed French city name
-removed extra Renaissance Art technology

Large Map
Additions:
-Balearic Islands
Changes:
-changed the shape of Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, Ireland, Scotland, and Jutland

Here's what the new tech tree looks like. I didn't add many new techs, I decided to put that off for later. Techs in red are disabled. In this instance, I'm Hungary, so The New World Voyage and Hanseatic League techs are disabled.

Sorry I haven't been around lately, but I have been busy. I am now on the development team for the Rome Total War mod, Roma Surrectum. But it's good to see that the new version will be released soon, I'll do a test game with my regular house rules to see how the AI does with the new version.

P.S. With the announcement of the new expansion pack, maybe a Warlords conversion should be done for the next version?

I'm sorry this version is taking forever to get uploaded. I uploaded it to 3ddownloads about noon yesterday, and they still haven't posted the file.

My thoughts on the expansion pack is that we should wait and see if Beyond the Sword will include Warlords in it. If it does, it might make sense to skip the Warlords version and just make it BTS and Vanilla compatible.

I'm sorry this version is taking forever to get uploaded. I uploaded it to 3ddownloads about noon yesterday, and they still haven't posted the file.

My thoughts on the expansion pack is that we should wait and see if Beyond the Sword will include Warlords in it. If it does, it might make sense to skip the Warlords version and just make it BTS and Vanilla compatible.
If 3dDownloads gives you a hard time, I'll happily upload it to FileFront again.

I would like to suggest updating the release dates on the first post and the download page. Some people might find it all confusing.

Download isn't working for me.

The d/l worked for me. Thx. Will install and play in next couple of days (busy w a C3C scenario right now).

jimmygeo

Well, ****. The Download Now button on FileFront, in Firefox it takes me to the main filefront page and in IE it just refreshes the same page. Hmm.

I think you're clicking the link on post #830... go to the link in the first post... same thing happened to me, but that one works.
I wasn't. Thanks though.

Top Bottom