European Middle Ages Mod Resurrection

Here are some leaderheads that need to be done. I'll start doing the nations themselves.

Otto
Canute
William the Conqueror
Brian Boru
Alfred
Elisedd
Robert the Bruce
Phillip Augustus
Charlemagne
Widukind
Piero Orseolo
Baldwin
Alfonso VI
Henrique
Pope Gregory
Mieszko
Vytautas
St Stephen
Vladimir I
Samo
Alp Arslan
Ziebel
Kavadh
Umar
Krum
Saladin
Abdermann
Batu Khan
Genghis Khan
Theodoric

You can write the entries however you want; word, wordpad, xml, whatever.

Oh, and I just updated the Dark Ages scenario for anyone interested.

Hello Everybody!

I've been very busy and didn't realize how long I'd been away until I started looking through the posts I'd missed!

I'm getting ready to go out of town for the rest of the month, but just wanted to check in and say hello, and apologize for my lapse. My husband and I have been working non-stop the last few weeks on a new business venture we're working to get up and running, and I haven't had much time to sleep, let alone mod! I will be very busy over the next few months, but would still like to continue contributing to the mod, albeit less frequently until things settle down.

I'd still like to continue working out bugs and so forth with the buildings, and also work on the soundtrack. Of course, I don't expect the mod to stand still and wait for me, so please feel free to welcome any new members who are interested in any tasks I've volunteered for. :)

I haven't had a chance to play the latest release - but will hopefully get a chance to play in June !! I'm really looking forward to seeing the new units and buildings in action!

I hope everybody is well !
Sincerely, Laina

I apologize for my absence as well. I have had tons of RL work to do, and I have also been drawn into Total War modding.:(

Good luck on your business as well, Laina!

Here are my rough plans (subject to change) for the mod from now until the end of June:

I'd like to do a lot of the "filling in" parts of the mod, that is, doing the civilopedia entries, getting all the unit graphics together, getting unique flags for each civilization, making buttons for basically everything besides the buildings, and such. I also want to continue with the gameplay aspects, but that won't be such a huge part of this update.

I'm going to be gone the entire month of July in Deutschland (Germany), so I will either put the project on pause for then or pass everything on to one of you. I'd like to post a very large update a week or so before I leave, maybe 0.7 or something.

At that point, I've been thinking it might be time to get a project forum for this mod (It is the 10th most downloaded mod, with over 5000 downloads :) ).

I've done about a third of the civilopedia entries for the countries, and I was wondering how you all thought the civilizations should be named. I see a couple of good ways:
1. Leave it as is. Have kingdoms called "Kingdom of ____", the Khanates called "Tatar Khanate", Vikings and Spain called "Viking Kingdoms" and "Spanish Kingdoms', and various "_____ Empire".
2. Have every civilization use the same naming convention, such as "Kingdom of ____". In the case of the Goths, the Avars, and such, it would be "Kingdom of the ____".
3. Have only a few naming conventions, maybe "Empire of ____", "Kingdom of ____", and "Khanate of ____".

The reason I think this is important is because the civilopedia looks very messy with such inconsistency between the civilizations.

will saves from .56 be able to play on the next release? some units look weird, berber cavalry has a spear going through its arm and ather are some better reskins for chevviliers. i theink chamedrys did one. could there possibly be a reskin having vassals not have armour pn horses because barding was expensive and only the byzantines used it really. franks and normans didnt use it. also, i dont care if all leders diplo music is taken from the core game, shakas diplo music is better than that eire silence. sorry for long post.

just use static LHs execpt for major leader, france, germany, arabia, ect. FfH uses static LHs just finealso, and way to replace a figure in a unit with another. example: spanish tercio, replace 1 pikeman imange with a musket man. tercios used both. also, why cant you use images from warlords? they should be compatible.

1. Unfortunately, making LH, including static LH, is very difficult, and I don't believe anyone on the team is able to make them. If one of us learned how, or enough static LHs were made to correspond to all of the leaders, it might be more of a possibility.
2. You're very right, Tercio should include both pikemen and musketmen. The problem is, if we included both musketmen and pikemen in the graphics, where in the tech tree would the units go? I also don't know how to put one unit in with another unit like that, but I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to figure out.
3. We can use images from Warlords, but I try keep them to a minimum and at the very least, slightly different due to copyright and the fact that Sid Meier probably doesn't want his Warlords creations given for free to people with only Vanilla.

With respect to #3, I don't think it would be an issue if you acknowledge it in the 1st post. Look at 1st post for FfH.

BTW, I am working on Leader pedia entries. When do they need to be ready for the next release? A deadline would light a fire under my butt. :)

Head Serf,

I was doing some thinking and I like the idea of static leaderheads over animated ones. The static heads are classy while the animations are cartoonish.

Just my opinion.

Head Serf,

I was doing some thinking and I like the idea of static leaderheads over animated ones. The static heads are classy while the animations are cartoonish.

Just my opinion.

Great idea. I have recently been warming up to that. Also note that the game will run much smoother with static leaderheads and animated leaderheads take up loads up space. The only problem is that it can be quite difficult to find some good static leaderheads especially esoteric people.

Hi, i think this mod is superb and i am really looking forward to playing it. However, i have found some problems which are either my fault for not installing in correctly or are a bug. The first is a minor flaw and it is the symbols for resources - i have a pig for grain. The second and more damaging is the diplomacy where i stopped trading with hungary at France's bequest, but HE now thinks ive stopped trading whilst hungary thinks ive made an arrogant demand! Has anyone else found this problem?

Thanks for bringing up those two bugs. We've known about the inconsistent symbols for a while and I just need to get around to fixing it. I haven't noticed any problems with the diplomacy before, but I'll look into it for sure. Thank you!

Firstly, @ Broken Hawk:
I don't really have much of a deadline, however it would be best if they were done by the second week in June. Even if you don't have them all done by then, I'd like to have them so that I can include them for the next release.

Next, about the names of the civilizations.

I see that Craig_Sutter thinks they're alright as they are. I personally feel that making the names more consistent would assist in making the civilopedia and civilization selection screen look more organized and alphabetical. As it is currently, someone looking for a civilization may have to check every name in the list to find it.

I'm also thinking about asking woodelf for a new project forum. Does anyone have any objections to me looking into this, or would that help keep everything organized? I personally feel that it can be hard to keep every part of the mod straight, and that having a thread specifically for bugs, a thread for balancing, threads for new ideas, etc, would be a good idea.

on the tercio. the guns were arquebuses. keep em where they are. arquebuses wern't very acurate. they were basicly hand cannons. my i would rather have a small tech inconsistency and have cooler graphics. the best thring from Ffh2 are the unit graphics,

@Head Serf

For the pedia entries how about just using the country or ethnic group name? Berbers, Hungary, France, Tatars, etc.. Then use Kingdom of, Khanate of, etc. as warranted in the description text.

I think a project forum is a good idea. As it is, posts get lost in the clutter. I would have threads for general discussion, bugs, cosmetic issues, development and one for each scenario.

Top Bottom