European Middle Ages Mod Resurrection

Thank you. I hope you did not think me overly critical - it was just that i was really enjoying it when i noticed the problem! It's a great mod - keep up the good work!

The problem is, Broken Hawk, the pedia entries have to use the description text name (the longer one).

Maybe I don't understand something but I was referring to the actual text in the box of any given page. The title of the page would be without Kingdom of, etc..

Well, here's what it would look like with the changes I suggested in option #2. Don't worry, it's real easy for me to change it however we decide, I just thought I'd show you how it would look.

EDIT: Here's a better quality picture:

Attachments

• Civilopedia1.JPG
    Civilopedia1.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Civilopedia2.JPG
    Civilopedia2.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 115
Uploading a screenshot helps. The option I'm suggesting is drop the "Kingdom of" in the title and just have Ireland. Then use "Kingdom of Ireland" in the body of the text as appropriate. Is there something in the programming to prevent this?

No, there shouldn't be any problems with doing what you're recomending. The reason I felt it would be a good idea to have "Kingdom of" in front is that it would stay consistent with Vanilla's use of "The German Empire, The American Empire, The Inca Empire, etc". I do see what you're saying though, so as long as that is ok with everyone, I'll make the changes.

sounds good. although "kingdom of the kevian russian" sounds sort of strange. to clarify my last post, i care more about the graphics than if there is a small inconsistancy. the next relaese should get the civilopedia texts working and the one after that should fix some graphics.

Drtad, I don't know if you're here, but is it alright if I use your civilopedia entries for Armenia for the mod?
Sure, why not. If I appear to be not here, just use whatever you want of mine.

About the Civilization naming, I think it might be good to have it MTW I style, where the ethnicity is named. For examle, instead of the Holy Roman Empire, or the Kingdom of Armenia, you would have "The Germans", and "The Armenians." I believe this works better.

The new forum should be open to the public soon. I just finished making the first couple threads.

Good news. I think it will really facilitate the development of the Mod. I have a post for the future v.56 Bug Thread. :)

I was playing a short game (Batu Khan, Small Map, Quick Speed) when the game locked up. I had just built the Silk Road and the blank Silk Road window popped up with a black screen behind it. More importantly, I had a Python Exception window pop up. Print Screen doesn't work on my keyboard so I wrote the contents down.

Spoiler :
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 564,in update

File "CvWonderMovieScreen", line 147,in update

File "CvWonderMovieScreen", line 119,in playMovie

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getPath'

I am also attaching the save right at the point the error occurs.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1388.Civ4SavedGame
    401.7 KB · Views: 84
Why do the Lithuanians have Russian voices in this mod ? :(
Isn't that bit offending ? :rolleyes:

Otherwise great mod, no other bugs found so far.

I'm hoping someone can help, I've downloanded European Middle Ages 0.65 and the mod shows up, loads, and than says it loaded in the top right hand corner, but than none of the new civs show up when you try to play a regular game. The Middle ages .65 will load, but only using the orginal civs and places all the starting settlers off the coast of North Africa. I've always started my loading the mod first, but the result is always the same. Thanks for any advice or help you can give me

Greetings -- I downloaded the Dark Ages scenario 1.650 which requires the European Middles Ages mod 0.65. All I could find was the mod version 0.74, which doesn't seem to work for this scenario. Where can I get the older mod version? Is it still available?

Why is there still written "version 0.56" if you download version 0.74?

Anyway if you need a translator from english to italian I could help you! ;)

Top Bottom