Even Moar Units: The Aztecs

Even Moar Units: The Aztecs 2.0

Oooops! Uploaded the wrong file. Now fixed. :)

I'm sorry for the previous message. I have some problems with the connection. I personally would like to thank you for all Moar Units mods that you're created. New units are diversive and have a good balance so far. But I have one disagrevement with you. It's about balance of Aztec's Jaguar warrior. In theory that parameters which you gave to him is good and looks logic, but in a practice I've lost the war against China's regular swordsmans! I was very angry and disapointed! Let me get this straight:

Jaguar (strength 32 + 7 in attack + 4 from two plantations with sugar and two plantations with citrus - in my case) vs Swordsman (strength 40) - 44 vs 40 - good damage, but in the next turn as usual injured enemy's countratacked and I come to the near death condition BECAUSE MY DEFENCE WAS NO 44! JUST PITIFUL 29! The result is oblivius - the defeat in the second turns! Modificator "-7 in defence" makes Jaguar is the worst and useless swordsman in the game! In defence Jaguar is even weaker than Eagle warriors! That's no deal for me! I look into your scripts and make changes.
Now basic strength of Jaguar is 35. Positive modificator +7 attack is saved, but the negative penalty of defence was deleted. Now in attack his strength is 42 (+ some points from luxuries). In defence his strength is 35 (+ some points from luxuries). I think that's is more fairly than before. If you agree with me and will accept this changes, than I would be very glad.

Attachments

• Changed documents.rar
    2 KB · Views: 144
Oooops! Uploaded the wrong file. Now fixed. :)
And one more thing. I have a question. Reading your scripts I didn't found special command lines for positive and negative modificators in attack and in defence that will set the parameters on + - 7 points. I just saw commands "Weaker in defence" and "Stronger in atack"... So how do you set this modificators exactly on 7 points& Or it's just Firaxis basic modificator that they're don't use so much oftenly? Just curious...

Hello Deliverator, I'm a massive fan of your mod, and I have made a Chinese localization test file to your newest moar unit mod, but I could not make the mod use the localization file, could you give some help?

above is a file for your Aztec mod, here is the test file for the localization of your big Moar unit mod.

Attachments

• ConfigText_zh_Hans_CN.xml
    16.8 KB · Views: 299
could you give some help? I have some problem to make your mod recognize my test file.

Jaguar (strength 32 + 7 in attack + 4 from two plantations with sugar and two plantations with citrus - in my case) vs Swordsman (strength 40) - 44 vs 40 - good damage, but in the next turn as usual injured enemy's countratacked and I come to the near death condition BECAUSE MY DEFENCE WAS NO 44! JUST PITIFUL 29! The result is oblivius - the defeat in the second turns! Modificator "-7 in defence" makes Jaguar is the worst and useless swordsman in the game! In defence Jaguar is even weaker than Eagle warriors! That's no deal for me! I look into your scripts and make changes.
Now basic strength of Jaguar is 35. Positive modificator +7 attack is saved, but the negative penalty of defence was deleted. Now in attack his strength is 42 (+ some points from luxuries). In defence his strength is 35 (+ some points from luxuries). I think that's is more fairly than before. If you agree with me and will accept this changes, than I would be very glad.

What has happened is that the Swordsman's Combat Strength was increased with the Aussie patch from 35 to 40 and I haven't got around to updating any of the Moar Units gameplay code around it. The fix in line with the original design is to raise the base strength of the Jaguar to 40 in line with the updated Swordsman. I might diminish the +/- to 6 rather than seven just to make it less of a huge difference.

could you give some help? I have some problem to make your mod recognize my test file.

Thanks for these Chinese translations. I will integrate in the next updates. Would you be able to do one for EMU Poland too?

Hi Deliverator, first can i say thank you for your work ;)

I have been trying to get another mod working and finally done it today... 'GDG's Super OP Civ for FUN only 2.4.4'. I found the issue to be with your Aztec and Australia MOAR mods, when i checked the logs it was an error calling for some units from those two mods. As i looked further i noticed that it was calling for an .sql file from the data folder but that file is not in there.
After looking through the updates, the Aztec (the first 1.3 ver) is the last one with it in, and the Australia one does not have it in at all from what i can see. Should it be???

Many thanks

PS: Forgot to mention, i commented out the MOAR units causing the issues in GDGs mod and that finally got it working.

Top Bottom