1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Events Compendium (Obsolete)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by JFD, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

1. That has been chronicled many times, and it usually works with the JFDDLC. Regardless, it's entirely inconsequential.

2. Chain events are seemingly broke atm - maybe the new CP will fix it.

2. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

But it was precisely the same event... Same texts, same effects each time.

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

4. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

I believe it had to do with a criminal being hanged...

5. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

So how does this exactly work? Sorry if this has already been asked.

6. Chrisy15

An update to the Community Patch added CP:Events. These are events that will occur during the game, similar to events from Paradox games and Sukritact's Events. The difference here is that Sukri's events are written in Lua and are complex and time-consuming. Since the CP is a DLL mod, G has been able to integrate them into the game engine, allowing the events to be written in SQL. CP:E are also less impactful on performance and are less likely to cause CTDs.

Jifford has better things to do than write E&D events also something something denbts, and so from now on he will be supporting CP:E instead. The easiest way to do this is release a separate mod that will include these events. This means that enabling this mod will cause events to occur for ExCE, CID, RTP and CulDiv, as well as JFD's more recent civs, when those mods are enabled. In addition, because CP:E's default roster is pretty boring, many of Sukri's events have also been ported over. So if you are using the JFDDLC or JFD's newer civs and you want unique events, then you use this mod.

Decisions are still handled with Sukri's mod, and the E&D events can be disabled in the settings file.

7. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

That make much more sense, thanks man!

8. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

v4:
    • Fixed an issue whereby "Sending the Guard" did not require a garrison but "Mere Rumours" did, for the Beast Stalks the City event.
    • Fixed lua issues relating to not using RTP/CID/CulDiv, etc., and other Lua issues.

9. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Awesome, JFD! Glad to see the Events system we built (your UI work and requests/debugging were essential) getting some love!

G

10. steemroller

steemroller Chieftain

I'm having a weird experience with v4. Its hanging loading this mod (only this mod) on the mod screen, eventually CTD'ing Civ. When I try to manually unzip the .civmod, it also just hangs. Anyone else experiencing similar?

11. chops100

chops100 Chieftain

Yep I'm having the same problem, getting a CTD when trying to install the mod (v4) :(

12. Chrisy15

Database and Stopwatch logs.

13. chops100

chops100 Chieftain

If thats directed to me, sadly I don't know what those are or how to get them :( This is the first mod I've decided to get, well along with the community patch and JFDs other mods (CiD, Piety and ExCE), so sorry for being a nub - this is day 1 of the mod experience for me! :rolleyes: :blush:

14. Chrisy15

It's directed at either of you; instructions here

15. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Warlord

I use VoxPops and thought I'd add this to add more variety and options to the existing Community Events.

It works, however, I'm getting Events that relate to I presume other JFD mods that I do not have installed. I'm getting things relating to Resistance or being called the Fair, the Fortunate etc.
    Whilst none of these things cause any issues and are easily picked without any problems, I thought it might be a better method if mod-specific events only fired if that mod was loaded.
    I do not know how coding works, and not sure if you can make certain events have mod-specific pre-reqs, but I thought it would be useful and give the mods more polished feel.

The Beast stalking the city (?) event causes a wolf to howl sound effect. I really like the sound effects that you have added, but this particular one sets my yappy :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :) of a Yorkie to go wild. Is there anyway to disable that particular sound effect?

As for sound effects, I've had the CulDiv Soundtrack file in my system for awhile now but only just recently realised it needed to be unzipped. I have done this and played two games, and the soundtrack is amazing. Really great job.

16. Chrisy15

Yeah - atm the EC seems to require the whole JFDDLC to avoid problems like yours. Tbh I don't know why the events haven't been set up to only be required if the UserSetting is enabled - unless this is an oversight :/

If you're really having trouble with the dog, you can always go into the files and remove the sound from the Event's entry. You might even get away with just deleting the sound file.

17. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Warlord

Thanks Chrisy, always a great help.

18. Darth_Plaguies

Darth_Plaguies Chieftain

me too having a similar problem.although in my case it happens in v3 as well,tried to redownload v3 and v4 same result.

i'm using VP with no EUI
    sukritakts E&D with events disabled
    CiD(health and Plague,is included in this i believe,not seprate H&P)
    Events Comnpendium v2 works good for me.
    i cant provide a screenshot as it crashes to desktop too fast,but,i can tell a green loading bar which shows the progress of installing mods with in centre numbers X/Y.it crashes on 169/197,on both v3 and v4.

Attached Files:

19. ofmiciv5

ofmiciv5 Warlord

Hopefully you can add more events up complement the recent overhauls on CID and RTP.

20. eXalted

eXalted Chieftain

It seems I am constantly having Jaguar Spotted event. Is there a way to reduce the events frequency?

I'm hearing this "Grrrrrr" every 5 or so turns. Is this how it should work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.