Evolving music through the ages

Melodramatic? That USA theme is super exciting!

I think the English and French themes are just melodramatic in general. Not that that's a problem; I like the variety
Yes, melodramatic. I prefer quieter arrangements of acoustic instruments personally, and I'm not really a fan of synths and electronic instruments. The modern era music sounds very melodramatic to me.

The idea is good. But we need a lot more music. More variety of each civ music. Currently, what we get is the variety of the same themes. It's a good thing for diplomacy music. But diplomacy music should not replace the game music.
I'm still hoping that regional ambient music is still a thing. I mean, Civ5 had a lot of music--though the fact that Civ6 has all original arrangements does put a practical cap on how many songs can be included.

Current and former national anthems could be included for each civ as well.

It would be interesting to hear La Marseillaise evolve from the ancient to the modern era.

Well, some anthems may not be as good as selected music.

Wow --- is there truly different music for EACH civ in EACH era?

It seems that there is different music for each civ, but themes of each civ evolve through eras.

I'm still hoping that regional ambient music is still a thing.

I believe there are more themes per civ. Maybe there are a few tracks per region like in Civ V.

Last edited:
In house music, I thought? This sounds really similar to the American theme.

EDIT: Wikipedia notes that it is the song. Haven't seen anyone mention it on here though.

Last edited:
Yes, melodramatic. I prefer quieter arrangements of acoustic instruments personally, and I'm not really a fan of synths and electronic instruments. The modern era music sounds very melodramatic to me.

I'm still hoping that regional ambient music is still a thing. I mean, Civ5 had a lot of music--though the fact that Civ6 has all original arrangements does put a practical cap on how many songs can be included.
I sort of agree, I guess. There's a tendency in Civ V music that they carried over to have sweeping orchestral music, and it can all start to sound the same after a while (bombastic with no calm). Kongo sounds like they have a great folk song feel, with actual vocals in the medieval song (i.e. vocals with words, not just humming). So perhaps we will get some nice variety in the musical feel from civ to civ.

In house music, I thought? This sounds really similar to the American theme.

EDIT: Wikipedia notes that it is the song. Haven't seen anyone mention it on here though.
It's already known that "Hard Times" is the American theme, but the arrangements are original.

Top Bottom