• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Exotic Foreign Advisor

Hi there!

Maybe you could calculate the propper position for the the buttons by counting the number of letters used.

Matze

I´m having this problem in a Earth Scenario I´m playing... Do you know what may be the cause?

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

On a side note, I was thinking of a addition that may be interesting: A page with three colums: The first has all the civs, one civ in each row, the second has all the civs that the civ from the first column considers friends, and in the third shows all the civs that the same civ considers enemies. I know that is the function of the glance page, but it is a little clumsy in showing that, especially when there are lots of civs. This way it would be faster and easier to see. The problem is that there is no more space to put it... Anyway, it was just an idea I had while I was taking a shower, but I think it might be interesting...

elhoim said:
I´m having this problem in a Earth Scenario I´m playing... Do you know what may be the cause?

View attachment 111106

On a side note, I was thinking of a addition that may be interesting: A page with three colums: The first has all the civs, one civ in each row, the second has all the civs that the civ from the first column considers friends, and in the third shows all the civs that the same civ considers enemies. I know that is the function of the glance page, but it is a little clumsy in showing that, especially when there are lots of civs. This way it would be faster and easier to see. The problem is that there is no more space to put it... Anyway, it was just an idea I had while I was taking a shower, but I think it might be interesting...

Hmmmm, interesting.

Could you upload the savefile which generated this?

Thanks,
Req

Sorry, I can´t. It´s very big (900k+)... I´ll see if it happens in another game...

I've been having a slight problem in the interface. Down on the tabs, instead of "Info", the screen says "TXT_KEY_FOREIGN_ADVISOR_INF". Here's a screenshot:

Other than that, a highly useful mod. Kudos.

Xarlak said:
I've been having a slight problem in the interface. Down on the tabs, instead of "Info", the screen says "TXT_KEY_FOREIGN_ADVISOR_INF". Here's a screenshot:

Other than that, a highly useful mod. Kudos.

Hmmmm, looks like the "O" was deleted at the end of that. Did you modify it (maybe accidentally?).

I'd either reinstall the mod or if you want a simple editing fix, search for that text in CvExoticForeignAdvisor and add the "O" to the end of that string.

Req

Thanks for the mod! The screens look great!

First impressions
I just read the documentation included with the 0.94 download. I'm so glad this mod is fitted for the new 1.52 patch.

My cache folder (and I suspect the overwhelming majority of users' cache folders) can be found at the following path:
C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\cache

Also, the default path for installing mods is:
..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4

I'll try it out ASAP.

Great mod. I have an issue with it however, if I click on "Technologies" or "Resources" I will sometimes get the empty background picture, and the links at the bottom to switch back to glance / active etc disappear. I have to exit civ4 to get another go. Any ideas?

First off, Great Mods. I like the fact that your not "tweeking the system", but mearly consolidating the info and saving me like 400 Mouse clicks!!!!

However, i dont quite understand how to use both. I read the following for the txt file:

-and will create a new copy of two files:

-CvScreensInterface.py in CustomAssets\python\entrypoints
-CIV4ArtDefines_Interface.xml in CustomAssets\xml\art

"Note: If you have BOTH the Special Domestic Advisor and the Exotic Foreign Advisor, install the CvReqScreensInterface.py AS CvScreensInterface.py in the aforementioned directory."

If both mods use the file "CvScreensInterface.py in CustomAssets\python\entrypoints" :sad:

I dont quite understand.........?? Is it diffrent becasue I am using the Modified Special domestic advisor?

Help Please.

Tous said:
However, i dont quite understand how to use both.
If both mods use the file "CvScreensInterface.py in CustomAssets\python\entrypoints" :sad:
I dont quite understand.........?? Is it diffrent becasue I am using the Modified Special domestic advisor?
Help Please.

If you are using those two mods together, you may use my merged files, which you can find here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=111537&d=1137234299

Simply use these files instead of those of the original mods.

What is the logic you are using to determine what the AI can research? It looks to me that the logic is not completely correct. Maybe we can improve it collectively if you can share it.

Also, I think I figure out a way to sometimes (not always) determine exactly (or a set of possibilities) what the AI is researching using just informtation the game displays (I.e., no cheating - just logical determination/elimination of possibilities). The gist of this method is that the tech they are currently researching is not in the list of wants.

Qitai said:
What is the logic you are using to determine what the AI can research? It looks to me that the logic is not completely correct. Maybe we can improve it collectively if you can share it.

Also, I think I figure out a way to sometimes (not always) determine exactly (or a set of possibilities) what the AI is researching using just informtation the game displays (I.e., no cheating - just logical determination/elimination of possibilities). The gist of this method is that the tech they are currently researching is not in the list of wants.
I was going to ask this very thing. It sometimes looks to me like the techs the AI can research that you can also research. If they can research something that you cannot I think it doesn't show up.

I'm not exactly sure how it's working either. Anyone have an answer?

I am not sure if I understand Thalassicus correctly and perhaps he talks about the same problem that I found, so forgive me if that has already been mentioned (although his seems to be a bit different if you look at Monty).
In a recent game I had to monitor Ghandi very closely because he was always a little bit ahead of me. Doing this I discovered a very odd thing:
Ghandi had Scientific Method and didn't want to trade it, so it was under "won't trade" in the technologies screen. Then he discovered Physics and now Physics was a "won't trade" tech. Well, while that was perfectly fine (well not for me as I wanted to get it from him), the odd thing was that now Scientific Method was again under "Can research". But he already had a more advanced tech which you can only research if you have Scientific Method. Is there any way to fix that?

CellKu

Top Bottom