• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .
Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jungle attrition is ridiculous... my unit disappeared two tiles from my border...

Correction: I'm surprised how big "small" chances are. But really, i think attrition should be affected by distance from the border. The fact that units might disappear while crossing the one tile between mine and the AI's territory is annoying. really.
Also, tribes seem to be features on the map. Free extra yields. Also they tend to appear close to each other.

Nowhere do I indicate that the chance is "small." If you find that annoying, avoid Jungle. That's the point. Snow and Desert is supposed to be a slight modification to your exploration. Jungle (like Ocean is) is meant to be a roadblock.

Tribes are improvements; yes free extra yields, but at a certain point, in the late-game, they become less valueable than the improvement or resource that would've otherwise been there. They do tend to appear close to each other, but I've no idea why.

But don't you think there should be ways to.... well, remove the roadblock?
I suggest adding a minimum distance for attrition(say, no attrition within 4 tiles of the border), or no attrition if your unit follows the path of a trade route. Also: units shouldn't disappear if they have a border within their sight.
(Why all of your civs are so aggressive with the CP? I already destroyed Belgium's army and conquered New York. In wars the AI started.)

Ok thats wierd but some times game crashes without purpose and sometimes no. Currently testing new scurvy, and embarked units suffer no scurvy. Is it new balancing idea or bug? Maybe I said something new from what other users say for attrition, but I think you should back scurvy to embarked units.

Is your game in Russian? That could explain the crashes.

Natan's just teasing (I hope).

The language won't make a difference (I hope).

It's hard to say whether its ExCE or the CP, but as far as I'm aware, ExCE wasn't CTDing with the previous version, and the recent update wasn't that intense, whereas the recent update to CP was quite significant. Try playing a few turns with just the CP and see if you get any persistent crashes.

I'll look into the scurvy bug you reported. Surcy shouldn't discriminate between embarked units and naval units.

The language won't make a difference (I hope).
Its shouldn't. Yeah sometimes english text (if it changes vanilla text) didn't showing, but it not that big deal, and as far as I know it fixes if I translate it.

Mods can crash because of russian language?
I played hundreds times with different mods but I never had such crashes.

Mods that change social policies are problematic with non-English versions...(FYI, i used to have a Russian version of the game).
JFD, the game does differ between naval and embarked units, i guess nobody thought its a bug.

Mods that change social policies are problematic with non-English versions...(FYI, i used to have a Russian version of the game).
JFD, the game does differ between naval and embarked units, i guess nobody thought its a bug.
In old version of ExCE I played about 140 turns with no crash. There was crashes like ones that happening now, but JFD fixed them.

Wait? Why?

1. Because the game doesn't recognize such changes.
2. Because my father happen to misunderstood me. I "happen" to know Russian as well.

1. Oh, I thought you were suggesting there was a more catatrosphic consequence.
2. That's pretty cool, actually.

1. It is catastrophic. Try playing anno domini like that.
2. Such a standard response... :p

So tried to run only CP, its 100 turn already and no problems.

Ok, I'll see what I can do (I accidentally left colonies half-enabled when I updated, so maybe that's it). Thanks for making this test run.

Left? Half enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom