• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .
Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm... JFD doesn't like terms like ETA... :p

Of course. I just don't like constantly abandoning games due to mod updates or my own negligence :p

Bug report: my diseased scout upgraded into an archer and now he doesn't lose the diseased promotion, no matter what I do.

Also, I think you should be able to enter jungle tiles inside your territory without optics.

Ummm... JFD doesn't like terms like ETA... :p

Of course. I just don't like constantly abandoning games due to mod updates or my own negligence :p

I'll try and put out an update today to address some bugs.

Also, I think you should be able to enter jungle tiles inside your territory without optics.

I knew I'd forgotten something, but I can't really do anything about it. I will give starting units valid immunities though. I could give civilians Jungle immunity; that way Workers can go in and chop it down (chance to be lost is only on movement, not turn).

Bug report: my diseased scout upgraded into an archer and now he doesn't lose the diseased promotion, no matter what I do.

Looks like you'll have to put him down :p

Will check.

Okay, ExCE updated:

• Fixed an issue where Barbarians could spawn Great Recon Units. (I mean, I hope)
  • Scouts/Explorers/Adventurers/Airships will now upgrade into a Great Scout/Explorer/Adventurer/Airship with the appropriate Ancient Ruin.
  • Fixed an issue where the new pantheon beliefs were not changing the yields of applicable resources
  • Naval Units should - correctly - no longer disband in coast and take 10 instead of 15 damage from Scurvy. I will take more time later to work in the suggestions that LastSword and Janboruta made, but this should help for now.
  • I have lowered the chance of the AI taking attrition by half as much as the human player, which will hopefully help their obliviousness to the mechanic a bit. Let me know; if they still act stupidly, I'll enquire Lord Gazebo as to whether something can be done. Though I swear Emperor Whoward once said on the matter that the AI wouldn't try to stop to heal if they can't - so maybe they were just stupidly fortying for the lols.
  • Units spawned from sources other than cities (such as events or policies) will now receive applicable promotions should they be spawned in immunity-granting locations
  • Starting Units now receive applicable promotions, should they start in immunity-granting locations
  • All Polynesian units now have Scurvy immunity, as was originally intended
  • Great Lighthouse now grants Scurvy immunity to Naval Units; increased production cost (optional)
  • Disabled the continent prerequisite for Tribes - please report on your experiences with occurance rates

Though I have to warn you that I may release Colonies soon :p

Oh, and it is recommended that you update your version of the CP - remember, you only need to follow the first step.

Oh man, do I wait for colonies or do I proceed now with the pretense that all of Tonga's islands are friendly and need not be colonies :p

So, I loaded up a game with IGE, starting in the Information Era, and here are a couple things I noticed:
-Tribes are very rare, and for some reason like to spawn two at a time right next to each other.
-Shipwrecks don't seem to be fully implemented yet, they give the same rewards as ancient ruins and don't spawn on the map(I had to spawn the three variations via IGE).

Not have tried new version yet, cuz decided to start full game with ExCE, but it looks cool.
I'm playing for Aztecs and I think you should add Jungle Immunity to them. Firstly it's logical to mesoamerican civ, secondly their UA is boring, giving them promotion to suffer no attrition from jungles, would be great.

I never seen shipwrecks in test games (because I never played till Navigation) but I seen them in IGE and they look great.

What would be cool would be that shipwrecks spawned on actual wrecked ships and that they would give their bonuses loosely based on the type of the wrecked ship. i.e: "You have discovered a wrecked Spanish Privateer carrying stolen gold worth of 500 gold!" Also, should you need some kind of explorer to discover these, or are they just raided with normal types of units?

Also, does the following rivers system on dense forests work correctly? I lost a warrior (my first :p ) in dense forest tile by a river.

Something got my mind the concept of adding more roads - a trail (early cheap road not connecting cities but slightly makes units faster and decreases the chance of getting lost), and a highway (atomic era ultra-fast route enhancing the commerce and growth between cities). I don't know if these ever could be useful but here they are.

BTW, are the Colonies added "soon", soon or SOON? I just had started a new good game and Attila: TW's coming tomorrow... :p

I ran into some trouble with Portugal's UA, which has spontaneously stopped working, so I gave up, and have downgraded soon to soon-ish. And following rivers doesn't eliminate the chance completely, it just reduces it. You can raid Shipwrecks just with normal units. It's a glorified ancient ruin :p

Tribes seem to be spawning much more frequently now, which is good. I do seem to be getting an error when my borders expand over them though, stating that a texture is missing. It hasn't had any negative impact on the game - so it's no big deal however.

I haven't played enough to state whether the other stuff is working as intended.

Is Portugal's UA being changed? That could be quite interesting, if it is the case.

Hey, is the update compatible with saved games with the second-latest version of ExCE? :)

The latest version seems to be interfering with the EUI City view. I thought it could be because of the CP, but after restoring to previous versions of that - the same issue remains. I'm not sure why, but ExCE seems to be forcing the game into the vanilla city view, whilst leaving the rest of the EUI features.

EDIT; Deleting the Vanilla folder in the UI section of the shared folder for ExCE seems to have fixed the problem.

Something weird just happened. I won by Dominaton victory on 11 turn. I even haven't met anyone on the map.
EDIT: I met Indian settler, so seems that AI don't setlle his first city. not sure is it CP or ExCE bug.

Something weird just happened. I won by Dominaton victory on 11 turn. I even haven't met anyone on the map.
EDIT: I met Indian settler, so seems that AI don't setlle his first city. not sure is it CP or ExCE bug.

Seems to be CP, as the problem persists without ExCE. Will do further tests, and report to Lord Gazebo.

The latest version seems to be interfering with the EUI City view. I thought it could be because of the CP, but after restoring to previous versions of that - the same issue remains. I'm not sure why, but ExCE seems to be forcing the game into the vanilla city view, whilst leaving the rest of the EUI features.

EDIT; Deleting the Vanilla folder in the UI section of the shred folder for ExCE seems to have fixed the problem.

Sorry, forgot that was still enabled - leftover from colonies :p

Hey, is the update compatible with saved games with the second-latest version of ExCE? :)

Not a clue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom