Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Just hover over the icon and a tooltip will pop up telling you how the Tribes can benefit.
Well, that's great then. For some reason, I didn't think to wait for the larger tooltip, thanks!

When colonies are added, do you think that they'll be compatible with Ocean Cities? Seeing as how colonies count a certain distance away, would this affect cities founded in ocean tiles?

You know, I have no idea :p I'll take note to check when I can. What do you think should happen? Do you think these cities (IDK how this mod functions, so IDK what these cities do, if anything, differently) should become colonies if founded far away?

Well, I haven't used the mod recently, but if I remember, they essentially acted like normal cities, but can't have trade routes, and have certain yields increased. They also could only be founded on coastal tiles or ocean tiles adjacent to coastal ones. They functioned the same as cities otherwise AFAIK (They were buildable in Modern era onward, but IMO it'd make more sense in the information era)

Personally, I'd imagine they'd act somewhat similar to colonies, but in the information era (and without the ability to gain certain yields normal colonies can). Maybe nearby ones count as cities? Not quite sure how they'd work, but it seemed like a neat concept in my head. :p

You know, I have no idea :p I'll take note to check when I can. What do you think should happen? Do you think these cities (IDK how this mod functions, so IDK what these cities do, if anything, differently) should become colonies if founded far away?

It'd make sense if for it to become a colony if it were founded on an island that's separated from the rest of the empire by ocean.

I have an issue with the latest version of ExCE to report - whenever any naval unit (civilian or military) is generated, they spawn with -4 movement and I am unable to issue orders, often resulting in the game crashing when I try to click on them. I'm using the 5-13 version of the CP.

I'm not sure which logs would help in this scenario, but here are the lua ones in any case.

But that turns off wind entirely...

I mean the setting which reduces Trireme movement from 3 to 4 by default: JFD_EXPLORATION_UNIT_CHANGES.

When I had that disabled, triremes got no extra\ less movement from wind.

BTW, I think I just found some mountain tartars. Oh, and I thought consulates could only be built in the territory of cities with a certain tribe(I can built Comanche consulate in my capital, though the Comanche were in the territory of other city).

Oh, and something else(rather culdiv related, but I'm not sure): first of all, even after I changed the Philistine culture group in the file, they still started as semitic. Which is always nice, but still... Inaccurate. After I loaded the initial autosave, I got an extra scout(in addition to the one from the CulDiv bonus). Can that be related to ExCE?

Hello JFD.
Just dowloaded this mod and it is very intrresting, but I have not plyed long enough to explore the full capacity of it.
Still, I would like to ask if you wouldn't like to change the text for UAs of Portugal and Netherlands (and probably future ones with any colony/trade/exploration benefit) so it is listed fully in the game setup screen.
I have these bonuses enabeled.

It's just a minor flavour change.

Thank you

Hello JFD.
Just dowloaded this mod and it is very intrresting, but I have not plyed long enough to explore the full capacity of it.
Still, I would like to ask if you wouldn't like to change the text for UAs of Portugal and Netherlands (and probably future ones with any colony/trade/exploration benefit) so it is listed fully in the game setup screen.

Thank you

The actual changes will be displayed, when JFD gets around to implementing the systems they are contained within. So you can expect the new Portugal UA whenever the Colony component is released - William probably won't see his changes again however, as Trade seems to have been shelved by JFD for the foreseeable future.

Hope that helps.

Hello JFD.

Thank you

Those settings are commented out and don't do anything yet :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom