Exploration

Knasp

Warlord
I'd really like to see early exploration limited, not only by attrition due to supply lines (which is wonderful). But I'd also like you to lose the map information of discovered territories after a certain time (if at all possible).
At least until cartography/navigation and mathematics are discovered, you shouldn't be able to remember all details of a far away land. I really dislike the fact that you can run around with your Scouts or sail with Galleys and explore the entire Old World in Ancient Era, on the earth maps.

Last edited by a moderator:
For exploration and terrains/features being hidden again when too far from your territory, I had lost some time trying to do something exactly like that in civ5, before realizing that the lua method to change visibility for a Civilization was bugged (and the minimap was not refreshed)

But for what I've seen so far this time there should be nothing preventing it for civ6.

Moderator Action: All posts above, this one included, have been copied and some may have been edited to fit the topic, but the original (unedited) posts are still available in the main thread - Gedemon

Last edited:
Top Bottom