ExtraModMod continued

Still, I think this is pretty unintuitive. I thought for a long time that the limit were just 1 per caster (as in, every caster can only control one summoned unit at the time). Counting non-summoned units with the same type seems especially weird.

It looks like Krakens have the same problem, which sounds like it would be solved by your fix.

upload_2019-10-21_11-53-1.png

I think the Fall Further/RiFE code has something in it which keeps tracks of the caster + summoned unit link (and grants the caster some XP when a summoned unit wins a battle).

Summoned Balors (with an AC bonus) are duration-limited. Order priests have pillar of fire (and unyielding order), Empryean have crown of brillance, while RoK has earthquake.

For FOL Treants, I'd actually think it'd be kind of neat if it was something like 1 per 4 ancient forests in a player's territory (maybe modified by map size...). Or just 1 per caster, but maybe make them a bit stronger. FOL mostly seems to be an economy booster for non-elves (and a near-must for elves), since the ancient forests give you extra food and health. Or make the summoning of a treant downgrade the forest back to a new forest (with maybe a 'settle treant' option to return the forest back to ancient status)?

I've just upgraded my FFH to extraMM and MoreNAI and I find I can no longer choose unrestricted leaders. The option is there, but I only have one choice (the standard one). Is this intentional, accidental or am I the only one who prefers to play as Varn Gosam and different civs?

Update. I've just realised all the other civs have random leaders. So it's just me that is restricted to the standard choice.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for this modmodmod (FFH2->EMM->EMMU).

If I play in MP I will gladly play it. :)

What are your plans with this mod ? Debugging only? Balancing maybe?

I do not intend to make major balance changes, simply because I am not good enough at the game to judge them properly. Player feedback also tends to be inconsistent. Aside from bugs and small UI improvements, I might continue working on events and barbarians and at some point rework revolutions to fit better with the FfH theme. But there's still a lot of small bugs, and those are my priority.

Do the FFH2 scenarios work with this modmod?

Ah ok, yeah I believe I tried at some point and they were not "loadable", at least with the latest version. (0.6.3? i think now). I use the non-beta 0.5.2 version bc, so far in many games I have played, it hasn't crashed at all, and you can still play almost all of the scenarios.

I spent some time trying to figure out the best mods for Fall from Heaven 2. I went through RIFE, Ashes of Erebus, MagisterModMod and a few others. They all failed at some point with a major crash. Extramodmod is the most stable by far, which is awesome. I just wish it had an option (like the latest AshesofErebus) which allows the user to choose which civs will be randomly selected by the AI during a game. I am a developer myself, but would have to learn how all this is setup. I know it uses XML, Python and C++, but not sure where one would edit or modify something like that. I may spend some time learning via the wonderful forum posts around here at some point. I can easily read them, but knowing how they are all interconnected would take some time. Anyway, thanks for such a great mod and all the bug fixes, really awesome job!

I like that one option in RiFe/AoE, too. It is probably in the DLL, i.e. C++ code. Setting up the development environment for that is a bit annoying, but there are fairly straight-forward tutorials such as this one.
If you have any specific questions regarding FfH development, feel free to ask me.

Installation Instructions
You need to have Fall from Heaven II 0.41o, More Naval AI or any older version of Extramodmod installed.
Download extramodmod_v0.6.0-beta3u-fixed.zip from the link above and extract it into your Mods/Fall from Heaven 2 folder.

I have been trying every permutation of this but can't get any of the new leaders to work. I can select them in new-game-customation, but I get one of the other leaders every time.

Anyone have an idea what dumb thing I am doing wrong?

I like that one option in RiFe/AoE, too. It is probably in the DLL, i.e. C++ code. Setting up the development environment for that is a bit annoying, but there are fairly straight-forward tutorials such as this one.
If you have any specific questions regarding FfH development, feel free to ask me.

Awesome! Really appreciate that. I will delve into it and see if I can manage something. (Of course, saving what I got now in some safe place before I begin doing anything..lol...learned that the hard way with a different mod)

I have been trying every permutation of this but can't get any of the new leaders to work. I can select them in new-game-customation, but I get one of the other leaders every time.
So you select a specific new leader, but get a random one instead? That is very strange. You could always try to start a new game via "play now" (that resets all game options, in case some scenario options are erroneously activated), and then try a custom game again.

Among all the version of FFH2, ExtraModMod is my favourite one and I am glad that someone is continuing to work on this. This version seems to work really well and it contains some bugfixes that I have been hoping to see for some time now.

In my experience, whenever an AI builds Guild of the Nine, it hires 100+ mercenaries and easily dominates all other AIs militarily. For this reason I usually disable that wonder. What do other people think about how well-balanced Guild of the Nine is?

Among all the version of FFH2, ExtraModMod is my favourite one and I am glad that someone is continuing to work on this. This version seems to work really well and it contains some bugfixes that I have been hoping to see for some time now.

In my experience, whenever an AI builds Guild of the Nine, it hires 100+ mercenaries and easily dominates all other AIs militarily. For this reason I usually disable that wonder. What do other people think about how well-balanced Guild of the Nine is?

I havent played EMM yet but just based on MNAI regular game, i like to get that wonder so that someone like the hippus doesnt get it. they get mounted mercenaries, ugh. plus, its good to have anyway, in case u have some surplus coin. makes conquering so much easier because you can keep your stacks together by buying defenders instead

I have being return to FFH for the recent two weeks. Thanks for updating and polishing EMM, so we can still enjoy a good game.
I have two problems to report:
1. The unit icon of adept is the same as warrior, as far as I can see. I played only Lannu, so I am uncertain if this case is common.
2. The health bar and action bar above unit icon from plot list enhancement of BUG mod doesn't work. If I enable and choose PLE drawing method in BUG menu, the health bar and action bar show but incorrectly. Normally, they should be green and red, correspondent to the actual health and action points. In game, the bar are all gray and doesnt change its color.
3 The filter button of PLE of BUG menu show up only when choosing PLE drawing method. Vanilla and BUG drawing method doesnt show the filter button.

Last edited:
I've just upgraded my FFH to extraMM and MoreNAI and I find I can no longer choose unrestricted leaders. The option is there, but I only have one choice (the standard one). Is this intentional, accidental or am I the only one who prefers to play as Varn Gosam and different civs?
This is quite late, but I found the problem. It's because of EMM rearranging the game options. I will fix that for the next release. However, for now you can fix this by selecting the "No Tribal Villages" option. This will allow you to choose arbitrary leader/civ combinations, but you'll have to live with no tribal villages.

1. The unit icon of adept is the same as warrior, as far as I can see. I played only Lannu, so I am uncertain if this case is common.
I never noticed that, but it seems to be the same in MNAI, so I guess it is an issue inherited from vanilla FfH. I will fix it for the next version. The other civs are most certainly fine.
I will also look into the PLE issue at some point.

To give my feedback about the balance of the mod after 2 weeks of playing Lanuo.
The evil civs are way too stronger than good
I played in standard size map and I played with 3 random good civs, 3 random evil civs, and 1 random neutral civs. The vampire, wolf, ice priest and Sheaim always kills the good civs in serveral games.
So, I started playing with 3 random good, 2 random evil, and 2 random nuetral. And the good guys still died to to the bad guys.
Come to think of it. Elohim, Bannor, Golden Dragon, wood elf and Malakim don't have good bonus in early war. And the bad guys are very suitable for early aggresive war.
I think the balace of game need a little tweak. With better AI from MNAI, early war agreesive civs are too good now. I don't have a good and comprenhensive suggestion. Just a small ideas:
After contacting evil civs, gives a substaintial diplomatic relationship boost between good civs. The ideas are to let the good civs stand together and hope that they could stand a chance.
RoK is too good for Quick Religion Victory
I noticed AI like RoK a lot which lead to a very early quick religion victory. It happened in 2 of my emperor game. Most AI researched RoK and the game ended around 150 turns, IIRC.
Now, I play with Quick Religion Victory disable.

I will also look into the PLE issue at some point.
I played with Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization todays. I noticed that the filter button only show when choosing PLE drawing method too. The health bar above unit icon work correctly in this mod though.

Just to give some feedback.

The main reason why Goods are underpowered, it's they can't have access to Slavery.

Slavery allow pure focus on food and growth improvements. Like Aristocraty + Agriculture.

Anyway, factions are definitively not balanced. Calabims/Khazads/Luchurip are definitively way stronger than most factions for exemple.

The evil civs are way too stronger than good
I played in standard size map and I played with 3 random good civs, 3 random evil civs, and 1 random neutral civs. The vampire, wolf, ice priest and Sheaim always kills the good civs in serveral games.
So, I started playing with 3 random good, 2 random evil, and 2 random nuetral. And the good guys still died to to the bad guys.
I will do some tests on this and post the results. If some AI civs are consistently stronger than others, I'll try to do something about it.
Although, please be aware that I try to not touch multiplayer balance (which is very different from AI vs. AI balance), as I mentioned before in this thread.

I played with Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization todays. I noticed that the filter button only show when choosing PLE drawing method too. The health bar above unit icon work correctly in this mod though.
Thank you, that might be useful information.

Also a "good council" is remarkably weaker than "evil council" - restricting nodes is thematically correct but it makes a "good council " weaker - give to a "good council" a resolution for additional happiness and another for 10% WW reduction.

Top Bottom