F b m

TravisATWA

Chieftain
I know this thread is pretty pointless, but i thought it was kinda funny and was curious. Am i the only one who uses their left hand in that weird 3 finger claw formation for most of the game? The F B and M keys are the ones i used most often and my hand just gravitates to that shape.

I can see using the 'F' key, but 'B' and 'M'? 'B' for checking LOS sometimes, but not that often. And I've never used 'M', that I can recall. Just click where to go/what to attack (unless using ranged on a civilian).

Now workers, on the other hand... I hate clicking the little icons for them, so hit 'I', 'R', 'T', alt-R, and alt-C a lot. Oh, and 'P' and 'N'. Which are all over the place. Though I do click to remove roads, because I hate three key combos.

B is for range attack, M for move. I do use B a lot and only that. I fumble a lot with hotkeys and hated the few times when I accidentally F-ed an injured scout when I was supposed to M him away - from a barbcher. :D

Space and Enter is also good BTW.

The "three finger claw" :lol: I do this too. I use the keyboard for almost everything in the interest of playing faster. Diplomacy slows me down though... no way to speed that up.

I just use the mouse and the "w" key. And the functions keys of course.

I just use the mouse and the "w" key. And the functions keys of course.

I forgot about the function keys. I use them constantly. F10 is a must after you have aircraft, and for ranged attacks when you have several and get impatient. Or when you're getting really sick of watching that galley attack a CS unit for 500 turns...

M = move, used a lot
SPACE = wait 'till the next turn, used enough
H = heal
F = fortify
T = trading posts, because they are never enough in a puppeted empire
B = range attack
ALT = to put my units to the test scouting other leaders units' strength before declaring war and deciding who to battle first, with whom or how.
ALT + R = to rebase my "flying machines"
S = to strike with my "flying machines"
N = to strike with nukes, the best shortcut ever

I always use all of those, what I tend to forget though, or prefer to execute by using the mouse, are the roads: R, single tile and ALT + R to determine the path, but since workers know nothing about road optimization I always prefer to build roads tile by tile.

Top Bottom