Failing Memory

techumseh

Deity
Does anyone recall how to implement the random scenario selection feature? It's where, when you load a scenario, the computer selects one from several alternatives. It can be used to vary events, rules, most everything. It was introduced in Fantastic Worlds for the 'Jules Vern' scenario. I used it in 'Operation Market-Garden' to randomize the events files, so the player didn't know where the German counter attack would come from. But I've forgotten how to make the scenario alt. files, or at least how to make them work. Can someone remind me how? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure Tootall has it right - I think I used this for Germanicus.

Thanks guys. Cam Hills tip is a bit confusing. I tried simply copying the scn. file in the directory and renaming it. You have to save each scn. file, as if you were creating a new scenario each time, but save it with the alt. suffix instead of the scn. suffix. It works fine now. So watch out for surprises from the Japanese in the Burmese jungle! Operation U-Go could be Operation I-Go, or Operation We-Go, or even Operation He-Went. Who knows?

Top Bottom