Faith +1. BNW cultural strategy

Volapyk

Warlord
Having just finished my first BNW game, as Venice ended up with a Cultural victory even though I initially went for a Diplomatic win. This thread is for discussing the strategy used and perhaps how to steamline for it. (Thread name is a South Park reference if you didn't get it)

Here is how it went in simple words:

Had full aesthetics and once I entered industrial age I started saving up faith, all for buying Great Musicians and spreading the religious rock music!

Each Musician will spread 10 times your tourism to a single civ and 2 times of it to everyone else, get a bit of tourism up and as soon as you can buy enough musicians to get a cultural win go for it, you might need Hotels and Airports or even the National Visit Center.

In my game I had an output of ~500 tourism once I rush bought airports in all my cities followed up by 5 Great Musicians (1000 + 1500 + 2500 + 4000 + 6000 = 15k faith) and boom cultural victory in turn ~320.

This might not work on bigger maps with several civs going heavy culture, but for my large map with 11 AI's it was enough.

Now if one were to plan and go for this I suspect you could get it even sooner, assuming you just need to get to radio, and time the spawning of 1-2 extra great musicians just about that time as well. Something like regular spawn and 1 free from a wonder, social policy or other source.

Top Bottom