Faith bug or era change?

tibbles

Warlord
I'm playing as Isabella and got Sri Pada (2food, 4 faith) in my 2nd city radius. I worked it for +4/+8 after Isabella's bonus. When I got my pantheon I picked the +4 faith from natural wonders bonus and Isabella's bonus doubled that too, so I was getting +16faith/turn from that 1 tile.

I just looked at it now and that tile is only giving +8. Why did the bonus stop?
I did just hit the Renaissance like 5 turns ago, is one of those bonuses era dependent?
edit: Oh, one other possibility - just noticed the city is no logner marked with my religion (4 followers, 9 pop). Do I lose my pantheon bonus too if the city loses religion majority?

I locked that tile and forgot about it for a long time, though I know it was giving 16 for much of my play as my total was 20ish/turn. Now it's 14/turn.

Your pantheon belief is incorporated into your religion, so yes, if you lose your religion in a city, you lose the pantheon belief as well.

The bonus to natural wonders is applied to the tile, so Isabella getting double the bonus from the belief is as intended. And would seem quite a viable strategy.

Hah, of course, soon as I posted, my city readopted my religion and that tile is back to producing 16/turn.

edit: what you said.

Did not realize pantheon bonuses went from auto in every city to tied to religion adoption.

Yes, you lose a bonus (be it religious or pantheon) if your religion is not the majority religion.

Top Bottom