Fake hatred from AI? Liars or glitch?

Damirith

Prince
So I have seen this in a few games now where I check the relations list to see why a civ likes or doesn't like me and there has been made up stuff in the list.

For example, in my current game Carthage says she is mad at me because I told her not to settle cities near me. Fact is she is on the other side of the world so I would have never demanded that of her, why is she lying?

I have also seen problems where the Civ catches my spy in their city and asks me to stop spying. So I till them i'll stop, I move the spy, and later down the road it will list that I had promised to stop spying but kept spying anyways. Again this isnt true.

These problems seem to occur more often when I have a different ideology than them. Yet, I haven't seen a made up good thing that I did, its always a made up bad thing that I supposedly did.

So what is going on, is the AI programmed to fake their hatred or is it a glitch?

So I have seen this in a few games now where I check the relations list to see why a civ likes or doesn't like me and there has been made up stuff in the list.

For example, in my current game Carthage says she is mad at me because I told her not to settle cities near me. Fact is she is on the other side of the world so I would have never demanded that of her, why is she lying?

I have also seen problems where the Civ catches my spy in their city and asks me to stop spying. So I till them i'll stop, I move the spy, and later down the road it will list that I had promised to stop spying but kept spying anyways. Again this isnt true.

These problems seem to occur more often when I have a different ideology than them. Yet, I haven't seen a made up good thing that I did, its always a made up bad thing that I supposedly did.

So what is going on, is the AI programmed to fake their hatred or is it a glitch?

It is a glitch. I do have a question, though – is this glitch occurring in games that you've saved and loaded, or games that you've played continuously? In other words, is this a glitch you've only seen in games that you've saved and then picked up later?

G

I have never been able to complete a game in one sitting, so yes all my games are ones that I have saved and loaded multiple times.

Hey I have exact the same problem but way earlier like in the Classical Era. Kinda ruins the game Leaders start denouncing me after few turns and few turns later they declare war on me. Because I did something i didn´t wanted.

Occasionally the AI claims I have insulted them, and told them not to spy. I know for a fact I didn't do the latter, because I never do.

In my current game I had Sejong being angry because I "told him" not to settle near me, which I never did. He's on the other side of the world, actually :p

Save and load, as far as I can recall.

I got it now in one-game session at turn 26. I got it when a leader (askia) asked Declaration of Friendship in turn 25 and I accepted. Right after the next turn the fake hatred happened (don`t settle next to me and don`t spy on me).

I got it now in one-game session at turn 26. I got it when a leader (askia) asked Declaration of Friendship in turn 25 and I accepted. Right after the next turn the fake hatred happened (don`t settle next to me and don`t spy on me).

Sounds like it might be related to lua, then, as those buttons are quite close, lua-wise, to one another. Quick question: EUI or no?

G

Quick question: EUI or no?

G

I fired up a game with the new version (4-2) without EUI today and I got the same false "You demanded they not to settle near your lands" negative diplo modifier.

I am sure I did not demand it because there is always a cool-down after the demand, however the "Do not settle your cities near us" button was active right after the the false diplo modifier appeared.

If it matters, I did save and load the game (not from within the game, but after quitting to the main menu), cleared cache and ModUserData before installing the newest version and I am not noticing any other bugs, all seems to be working fine.

(I will open a new issue on Github for this)

I recall Communitas mod disabling loading function from the menu exactly because loading mid-game breaks LUA.

Loading a save within a game is a no-go. Do not do it.
G

I hope you have not mis-read my comment. I did NOT load from within the game (and still got the bug).

I recall Communitas mod disabling loading function from the menu exactly because loading mid-game breaks LUA.

Yes, I have already suggested it some time ago. I am afraid most of the people new to the mod do not know they should not load from within the game. Even if you include some sort of warning in the install instructions, many people will miss it and will make the instructions even longer and they will look even more complicated.

Gazebo, I do not know how difficult it is to remove buttons from the menu, or if you can somehow dissect the code from CEP, but I really think it would make the things easier for you - there would be one less thing to ask the "new" people when they report problems/graphical glitches with the mod ;)

I had a quick look into the CEP code, and I think I found the function to hide the load button:

It is in /Communitas AI and Tools (v 3)/Interface/GameMenu.lua:

Line 177 says:

Controls.LoadGameButton:SetHide(bHideLoadGameOption);

I suppose bHideLoadGameOption has to be set to true if within the game. Does it help?? Sorry, I cannot LUA, so I did not get any further.

I hope you have not mis-read my comment. I did NOT load from within the game (and still got the bug).

Yes, I have already suggested it some time ago. I am afraid most of the people new to the mod do not know they should not load from within the game. Even if you include some sort of warning in the install instructions, many people will miss it and will make the instructions even longer and they will look even more complicated.

Gazebo, I do not know how difficult it is to remove buttons from the menu, or if you can somehow dissect the code from CEP, but I really think it would make the things easier for you - there would be one less thing to ask the "new" people when they report problems/graphical glitches with the mod ;)

I had a quick look into the CEP code, and I think I found the function to hide the load button:

It is in /Communitas AI and Tools (v 3)/Interface/GameMenu.lua:

Line 177 says:

Controls.LoadGameButton:SetHide(bHideLoadGameOption);

I suppose bHideLoadGameOption has to be set to true if within the game. Does it help?? Sorry, I cannot LUA, so I did not get any further.

Does loading ingame potentially bug your savegame permanently, or would any ill effects be restricted to the current playing session?

Maybe? I'm going to say 'yes,' if only because I know for a fact that the DLL can sometimes be borked by a mid-game load (something to do with how the game's core, unmoddable engine accesses the DLL). Also LUA goes crazy as well. You know what, I'm just going to disable the Load button from the in-game menu (as per vyyt's suggestion).

G

Maybe? I'm going to say 'yes,' if only because I know for a fact that the DLL can sometimes be borked by a mid-game load (something to do with how the game's core, unmoddable engine accesses the DLL). Also LUA goes crazy as well. You know what, I'm just going to disable the Load button from the in-game menu (as per vyyt's suggestion).

G

I'm speaking in hypotheticals not really related to CPP now, but is there/could there be any way to return to the mod menu rather than the main menu? The only reason I occasionally reload ingame anyways is because the alternative is to go back to the main menu, load mods, and then load the game, none of which is exactly quick with a hard drive. Oftentimes going to the main menu even results in a CTD which is another beast altogether.

Top Bottom