1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall From Heaven II Erebus pbem

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Eclipse4449, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

Oh gawd Luthor is Calabim. Somebody take him out before he gets Vampires or we are all doomed.

Please tell me the Balseraphs are faaaaaaaaar away from me. :please:

2. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Ah sadly I am at the hospital, word is she might be sent home today but neither of us have slept in almost 24 hours

3. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

:sad: oh no! Must u be such s surprise spoiler??? Gosh!

4. Luthor_Saxburg

Eclipse all the best for u and your family! Take your time, no rush.

5. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Thanks for the well wishes.

On my first install I got a message maybe this one and removed the v11.1 and got this message again but when I loaded BTS and then loaded the mod I was able to play so I thought I was ok.
    Today I received this new turn and received this message so I add (REM) to the beginning of the mod and reinstalled it leaving the mod's name intact, so I have 2 copies of the mod folder

Loading this turn I can see it loads the assets containing the v11.1 mod folder but the message above is from this load.

So I am stuck???

6. BobCW

BobCW Warlord

I have Map Script Tools installed; idk if that would make the PBEM save file incompatible with your version, but you could try installing it to see if that fixes things. It's neat to have for SP anyway.

7. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

It isn't what Bob said.

Spoiler :
    Okay so this is a general issue that I've finally worked out. Basically, the art assets are all referring to the same "Erebus in the Balance" folder, a leftover from the previous modder, who didn't change version names from version to version. Thus, whilst the folder with all the xml/python/whatever can be a different name, the art assets all still need a folder called Erebus in the Balance in the mods folder, even if loading a mod with another name. That wasn't (and isn't) a problem for all the experienced players, who still have previous versions installed under that name, but it is for newcomers who don't, which is why it took me so long to realise the issue.
    The PBEM not loading is a seperate matter, arising because Bob created the PBEM off a version called "v11.1" and all players need to have the same-named mod to play a PBEM

Spoilered for technical details/theorizing you don't need to care about.

TLDR: Copy your EitB folder. You'll need one folder named "Erebus in the Balance" and one folder named "Erebus in the Balance v11.1". You don't need to change their contents in any way. After this everything should process correctly.

You will all need to do the above, FTR.

8. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Turn sent to Nighthawk via email
    Will be creating a Tracker for this one today
    Please add your username after the Leader name
    Averax the Cambion Eclipse

These folders contain all content in mine, but only requires Assets with Art folder in the Erebus in the Balance folder.
    :scan:

9. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

10. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Joined the tracker and played my first turn. Everything seems to be working for me just fine. This will be interesting.

Sent next turn to Knoedel, I believe he is after me.

11. Imp. Knoedel

Why are there Raging Barbarians and No Acheron? For that matter, didn't someone mention that it would be saver to leave Human Basium and Hyborem on? Also why don't our initial settlers (or mine at least) have the Starting Settler Promotion giving them extra sight and movement? And whatever happened to the alleged beefing up of our starting warrior?

Is it too late to restart with different settings?

I did settle in place, woe to the mapmaker if I regret that call later and never get to work that Whale to my south with another city!

Turn sent to Really Evil Muffin, ironically controlling the only good aligned leader of our bunch.

My ingame name is btw the same as my leader and I do not intend to change that.

12. BobCW

BobCW Warlord

Barbarians are raging because I didn't see a consensus either way and, after testing, determined that raging barbarians on noble difficulty were not an existential threat to competent players.

Acheron is off because he would utterly screw with the map design if he randomly spawned in the wrong place. That said, I wouldn't read too much into this setting...

I didn't give anyone the Starting Settler promotion, for balance and gameplay reasons.

Apologies if I forgot to give one of your warriors the bonus promotions (Heroic Defense 1 and Homeland). If you want to restart with the promotions added, I can send out a new starting turn. TBH I seriously doubt you'll need them, especially since you started with two warriors (as the Khazad always do).

13. Imp. Knoedel

Fair enough on the barbs.

I don't care!

Spoiler My guess :
    You added him and his hoard manually, didn't you? :think: Boy do I hope you didn't forget to hold him in place or this game is gonna be excitingly short.

Well, I suppose since you custom tailored our starting positions settling in place should be the optimal choice for all of us anyway, unless you are trolling us. :scan:

Depends, if the other players got those promotions I want them too but if you plum forgot with everyone it's fair again and no reason to restart by itself.

14. ReallyEvilMuff

ReallyEvilMuff King

Haha I hope so too. I SIP without much thought as it was a prebuilt map and was pleased with the outcome. Saying that, perhaps a bit of scout movement beforehand would have been better.

It is amusing that I am the only good leader. Gonna sit on that overcouncil by myself after the AI are dealt with! I do have the homeland and heroic defence on my warrior. Did you want to restart with it on Imp?

I also have no email for luthor that I could find so would someone be able to get it to me?

Actually nevermind, there it is. Also tracker joined.

Attached Files:

15. Imp. Knoedel

Neutral civs can join the overcouncil too, so if you want company you just gotta bribe me. I would do everything for a quick buck! My whole civ is built around money.
    Also the bad guys could adopt the Order to become good, or you could adopt the Ashen Veil to become evil.

No need for a restart if that is all, I'm gonna win anyway so that little handicap is only gonna make things fairer for the rest of you. :D

16. Luthor_Saxburg

GPS. And one full turn completed! :goodjob:

I think that I would like to keep the original name game. Is that all right with you, Eclipse?

17. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Tracker page is up
    http://www.pbemtracker.com/game.php?gameID=210

EDIT;
    I tried to upload the turn to the tracker but it did not report successful. Sent it via email just in case

Do we want me to create a game thread called Conquest of Coldcost Reach

Players please view this tracker page for your ingame name, unless you object I can submit an email to edit it but using the leader name and then username is already set, please note that "_" is not require and not advised in game

18. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

sent on to Knoedel via regular email. I'm in the tracker. my in-game name matches the tracker.

19. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Posted to Nighthawk

20. Luthor_Saxburg