1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall From Heaven II Erebus pbem

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Eclipse4449, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

Toughen up baby, .exe files are only dangerous if you don't trust the source.

2. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Ok everyone its time to post your Leader/Civilization
    I will go last with most likely "Random Evil"

3. Imp. Knoedel

Like I said, I'd like to go random as long as I don't get Decius.

4. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Knoedel = Random
    Eclipse = Random Evil
    Nighthawk =?
    Reallyevilmuff =?

5. ReallyEvilMuff

ReallyEvilMuff King

Ok, there are far too many things to try and understand on this mod in one go. I will go with something that is simple and basic, and hopefully forgiving to a newbie. I'll go Bannor/capria.

Yes I am using the steam version Q.

As for settings, I defer to whatever you think is best especially with the AI things. But no tech trading I think is best. Also raging barbs maybe perhaps over the top, especially if you are putting in goody regions which will probably have barb defenders and stuff.

6. ReallyEvilMuff

ReallyEvilMuff King

Bannor/caphria for me.

I'm sure nighthawk asked for the evil elves somewhere too. I was thinking of them as they sounded interesting, before realising that he had asked for them earlier.

7. BobCW

BobCW Warlord

Eclipse, did you forget to list Luthor?

8. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

Yes he did! :cry:

and just because of that, I want to be evil! :p
    Random evil sound good to me!

9. BobCW

BobCW Warlord

Okay, all I need is to know which Svart leader Nighthawk wants and then I can roll random leaders for the rest of you.

10. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Luthor my apologies I was truck driving and had to focus more on that then this (Eeek)

11. Imp. Knoedel

I actually was under the impression that Nighthawk wanted the Ljosalfar.

Also I changed my mind. If Nighthawk picks the good leader of the Ljosalfar (forgot her name) I want a random neutral leader, if he picks the neutral guys or the Svartalvar I want a random good leader. Somebody's gotta keep Erebus in the balance after all. ;)

12. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Here here (Evil laugh) we'll wait for his choice
    What do you say Sir Nighthawk?

13. Imp. Knoedel

Technically this doesn't have anything to to with the PBEM itself, but I just had to share this with someone:

I'm currently playing a singlplayer FFH game with the latest version of the MNAI modmod which supposedly vastly enhances the intelligence of the computer controlled civs.

So I was sitting there, minding my own business, not having much of a choice in that matter as I unfortunately was isolated on my own continent, when suddenly who showed his ugly face? Hyborem, leader of the Infernals, literally commanding the Legions of Hell and thus obviously not that fond of things like 'peace' and 'not dooming every soul he can get his claws on'. However I can't help but think that he's sending somewhat mixed signals with the civics he just adopted there:

Spoiler One of these things is not like the others :

:D

Attached Files:

14. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Sorry everyone, I hadn't been keeping up with the thread that well.

I will take the evil-leaning elves, not sure of their name.

As for settings - I literally have no opinion since I've never played this mod before. I'll let you guys choice and abstain from any opinion on this. I trust in those who know what they are talking about!

I did attempt to download everything correctly, but there was multiple links... I think I got it right a few weeks ago, but can someone post a save of some sort that should load with the correct mod we plan on using, so we can test that it works for me, and everyone?

Otherwise, looking forward to starting!

15. Imp. Knoedel

The Svartalfar. They seem to have three leaders in this modmod:

Faeryl Viconia - Arcane/Raiders: Arcane is good for magic while Raiders gives free Commando promotion (yes, as in you can move on enemy roads!) to a whole lot of units and double gold from pillaging.
    Rivanna the Wraith Lord - Organized/Summoner: Half Civic Upkeep and Double Production Speed of Light- and Courthouse, also good for magic.
    Volanna - Aggressive/Creative: Free Combat I promotion to all sorts of units, Double Production Speed of Shipyard (think Drydock), +2 Culture per turn and city, Double Production Speed of Monument and Carnival.

You wanna choose yourself or go random?

Also why why whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy is BUG mod not included??? :shake: Is it too late to use MNAI instead? I like how the most recent patch made the AI be less psychopathic.

Hm, that makes 3 of 5 players evil. I'm honestly considering picking an evil leader myself just for the lulz and to see how quickly the bunch of us can bring the Apocalypse upon Erebus. :mischief:

ReallyEvilMuffin, would you perhaps reconsider your choice? If you change your decision to an evil leader I will do so as well just for the (literal) hell of it. :mwaha:

Attached.

You and me both, I can hardly wait to set all your beautiful trees ablaze. :p

16. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

I will be picking a specific evil Keader/Civ tonight

17. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

Because the original designer (not myself) as well as a significant proportion of the mods original audience had considerable problems with BUG at the time. The extent to which this dislike continues is difficult to quantify, but whilst some who use it have complaints because of its lack, they aren't anywhere near a (vocal) majority, and without that I don't plan to merge BUG in - something which takes a fair amount of effort.
    Personally I'm ambivalent to it - I have distaste for BUG and some of it's components, but I recognize some of the benefits, also.

18. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

I'll go with Faeryl Viconia... assuming I can get the modmod to work that is. I had all kinds of errors pop up and the game didn't load... in fact it almost screwed my laptop completely. Can anyone lay out the correct way to install the modmod for me? Sorry I'm old and dumb. :( Did Knoedel's save work for everyone else?

19. BobCW

BobCW Warlord

Do you have the Steam version of Civ IV?

20. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

I choose

Sheaim
    Averax the Cambion