Fall from Heaven II PBEM Game

And here I am as our spokesperson.

The evil side is too evil to communicate with each other. It's seems difficult to get the thenameipicked email... not a good omen... :sad:

The evil side is too evil to communicate with each other. It's seems difficult to get the thenameipicked email... not a good omen... :sad:
Well we get busy this time of year. I just created a start 960 gold advance start but it doesn't seem to be enough, going to try 1800 gold while I wait for Cal's leader pick

OK GREAT! I have all 8ight Leaders assigned and

Imp. Knoedel as the spokesman (for Rules) of the Good party I need an Evil one

I can now lay out the map although it is Christmas and seems there isn't enough time in the day :(

Here's a few teasers about the Map;
1 it will be Large
2 it will be extremely mountainous and Frozen
3 the bulk of the map will be in the North and will have 2 peninsulas (the last 3 maps I generated were like this)
4 There will be MANY nasty Seamonsters surrounding those Penisulas to deter water based travel
5 All 3 Good players' border will be touching for early communication and trade
6 All 3 Evil players' border will be touching for early communication and trade
7 Both the Dragons and the Fellowships units will be divided into 3 or4 hardy Groups (the fellowship may have 3x4 4x3 units in random location)(the Dragons' count is undetermined right now but will also be single or groups of 2 located separately/randomly). This was an early idea that defused the power base and add dimension and/or strategy/lack of strategy
8 all players will have at least 12 super units (promoted and ready to assign promotions, more of the later)

It's in the CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml file of the mod.

search in each civ for this line
<DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_DARK_PINK</DefaultPlayerColor>

Do one, test, and then do the second and so on, as there tend to be some unexpected factors..

The above way is modding. The way below is making changes in the World Builder Save file (via text editor):

Search for these lines in the file:
Color=PLAYERCOLOR_DARK_GREEN

Eclipse has asked me to make the map to which I agreed without really thinking. Now I see that there are 4 pages of posts to wade through. :eek:

I think there are some things behind the scenes that Eclipse needs done, but he doesn't want to know the map layout otherwise he'd have an advantage while playing. So I'll take his general ideas into account when building the map. But I assume that there are also some game settings that need to be agreed before I can even start (i.e. speed, size, options, etc.). Can someone please either list what has already been agreed or get started on agreeing on these items so that when I come back to Civ after the holidays I can jump right in and get started?

I have never even loaded this mod but I've heard a lot about it, so don't expect a super fast turnaround. Although I see this game has been in the works for 2+ months so what's a few more weeks? :mischief:

BTW, for those who have played my other PBEM map (After the Launch), if you have any suggestions/ideas for what I did right/wrong that time, please let me know. You guys will be spending a year with this game so I want it to be fun and fair. One example from the After the Launch game is that I should have removed uranium from Imp. Knoedel's island. :mischief:

But I assume that there are also some game settings that need to be agreed before I can even start (i.e. speed, size, options, etc.). Can someone please either list what has already been agreed or get started on agreeing on these items so that when I come back to Civ after the holidays I can jump right in and get started?
We did not get much into details so you should ask your questions directly to Master Eclipse. As far as I know the options were a "huge" map and a one city challenge.

One example from the After the Launch game is that I should have removed uranium from Imp. Knoedel's island. :mischief:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I sent off 2 nukes of my own too... I never get any credit!

I have no suggestions other than saying this game should not be exactly fair and balances like After the Launch. This is meant to be more of a roleplay/adventuring type of game, so I think we would all appreciate randomness and unexpected twists, not a mirror type of situation...

Otherwise speak to Master Eclipse!

I sent off 2 nukes of my own too... I never get any credit!

Also I'd like to mention that I steamrolled Gemany with conventional weapons only.

This is meant to be more of a roleplay/adventuring type of game, so I think we would all appreciate randomness and unexpected twists, not a mirror type of situation...

You only truly start to respect (and fear!) randomness if your first city is three tiles from that one unique feature that's a direct gateway to hell and decide to explore it with your starting scout, thinking that maybe you'll get lucky. Boy was that a short game. :lol:

You can expect to not have the resource/bonus you really should. It will be available Via trade from your group, I hope this will add a complexity to what units you train and how many based on the total picture. Barbarian World cities will also control needed resources.

Scouting and controlling key battlefields, mountain passes, securing your homeland and getting in there with units to see what they have (omg!).

Whos Hero and units will fight and win experience and pick the right promotions. Who will gain the Allegience of The Fellowship?

This game might be short and sweet. If one player is largely defeated, the Power has shifted and could mean the End is near.

Oh and what if Cal changes sides???

Top Bottom