Fall from Heaven II PBEM Game

Eclipse4449

Deity
Current developing the rules and assembling units

The Age of the Alignment
A Fantasy Vye

Hello everyone my name is Rusty, please excuse me for just another minute while I watch these deer just do nothing all day........... Ok where was I?

Oh yes, Mulcarn, the God of Winter is dead and the Ice is thawing. A new age begins, this one much greener and far more prosperous than ever before.

Now Good and Evil meet on this map to Battle for which alignment will rule this age. Six great adventures meet here to decide this challenge or is this a Quest for Good or Evil?

This Quest poses 3 Good Adventurers verses 3 Evil Adventures to meet the Victory Conditions herein, but there are a few challenges on the way to this victory.
First the land of Erebus is a "Barbarian World, filled with dark and dangerous cities teaming with units you do not want to meet alone! Although they will be less organized, they will always be "Raging Barbarians" to all of you and they will give no quarter!

Wildlife and Bonuses will be more abundant, World Events will be Doubled to make this a bit more challenging for each individual's Luck.

There are 2 Neutral Players, myself and another selected player, there are;

1) The Dragons, 1 of each Dragon types located in their own lair random to all other players and a secondary group of powerful support units. This player does not have a productive city of its own and must concentrate on surviving. This player can only win by Conquest. He is an enemy of everyone.

2) The Fellowship, is a band of unique powerful units that first must venture from their individual homelands and consolidate. They too do not control a productive city and they must concentrate on surviving. This player can attach themselves to a player for very powerful benefits. These guys have learned the entire tech tree and if temporarily gifted a city can train powerful units unavailable to that player. This player can win an allied Victory or any of the other victory conditions. He is Neutral to everyone but enemy to the Dragons.

Note; Both these player own a city each in the middle of the Inland Sea but this Sea is teaming with various sea monsters, there would be no hope of reaching them other than teleportation!

Spoiler :

As you can see I've located a Dragon's Horde and you know what that means!

Reserved for player info

Neutral:
(P1) Eclipse The Dragons (Falamar of Lunan)

Good:
(P2)1 Imp. Knoedel (Garrim Gyr of Luchuirp)
(P3)2 Nighthawk (Arendel Phaedra of Ljosalfar)
(P4)3 Scienidez (Ethne the White of Elohim)

Evil:
(P5)1 Luther (Faeryl Viconia of the Svartalfar)
(P6)2 Rodrigo Costa (Sheelba of the Clan of Embers)
(P7)3 thenameipicked (Tebryn Arbandi of the Sheiam)

Neutral:
(P8)Calanthian The Fellowship (Tsasunke of the Hippus)

Gold! I Love Gold! All the Gold in this world is mine! Sniff I smell humans?
Spoiler :

Reserved for Rules

Neutral;
The Dragons; may not control any other city than the City(s) that it starts with.

The Fellowship; may not take a city for a permanent or to gift to another player. (They may receive a city temporarily to train or build something that player can not train or build for the purpose of gifting). They may/should attach themselves to either the Good or Evil alignment to gain a Co-op victory. They can play double agent but this is risky. They may not switch their allegiance in the end just to claim victory. You may remain Neutral through the game but this is pointless because there is no Victory condition other than Conquest.

Good;

Evil;

Spoiler :

This game is under construction

So many new game ideas :) Eclipse what is going on in your life? :lol:

I can´t remember seeing that monkey anywhere in FFH. Is this from a modmod?

So many new game ideas :) Eclipse what is going on in your life? :lol:

I live a normal life, I don't logon until the evening, usually when most turn to a television, Someday I don't receive a single turn even know I have many games going.

The only time it's really seemingly a lot is when a considerable amount of discussion occurs in multiple games but much of that is spread out during the day.

I have several games that have stalled or are coming to an end. Even some of the bigger games are taking longer to arrive due to their size. I have 22 pbem games and average 3 turns a day, so maybe at most 3 hours :) I don't take my Holidays until the winter because my job is so demanding during the summer months, and my children are all grown and moved out and have their own demanding life

This game I expect to take a descent amount of time in each rotation due to the difficulty of maneuvering around this map. It is Erebus unmodified and is familiar to many but the amount of Raging Barbarian, abundant wildlife and the addition of the Dragons and the fact that shared vision is not enabled. Players might want to exchange screenshots before they move their units and even consider what units are moved.

This will be an Empire Building game for 6 out-of-the 8 players but more importantly it will be edge of your seat deployments, blindly sending units into the darkness will simply not work here at all, you will be dead and embarrassed.

If you are familiar with AD&D, you'd consider sending a well armored unit in first to absorb damage and cause as much damage as possible if danger is lurking just around that mountain.

In addition to you assembling the right units to move out, it is recommended that you incorporate your other 2 players, going this one alone will be a bad recipe . And depending on how many units you muster, your cities are always vulnerable. So this one turn could take a while to play.

I have a few solutions/ideas that will make this game very fun.

I loved playing AD&D ... this will be fun.

Well, you can consider me in, but I'm not sure on which team to play yet.

Well, you can consider me in, but I'm not sure on which team to play yet.

Here is 2 things to think about

1 you are a strong negotiator! Diplomatic and thorough, whether you believed Erebus should be a land of Evil or Good your journey will be unlike anything you've played yet. Your abilities mentioned WILL give you the greatest advantage of all other players!

2 Whether you choose Good or Evil you must dwell deep in that house of Magic, in many cases you will have powerful magic that can only be wielded once in the game. I believe you'll feel great anticipation to once again receive your turn.

This game is currently under construction locating several of the modders that were in charge of the Magic System and Unit Creation. There is a major unbalanced feature of this game regarding the Dragons etc. and the 2nd Neutral Group, these parties must be smartly developed, thus they are to powerful or because they have no cities - defeated to easily! Dragons are like a UU Tank, attack them with enough Swordsman and they will fall never to annoy anyone again. These unit will be placed completely randomly by a 3rd party player given all players the feel of survivability Epic Um Errr.

Greetings Adventurer

Are you confirming playing the #2 Neutral Party? "The Fellowship" or what ever you name them.
Yes: "The Motley Crue"

Yes: "The Motley Crue"

That is absolutely perfect! WOW!

I am working vigorously across several website and forums covering FFH2, this is really huge!

To begin with my original thought was to add a Fighter group(Dragons) and a Mage Group(The Motley Crue) to the game to add a new dynamic to gameplay but I have quickly discovered that "The Motley Crue" is assembled well can be far more than just a new dynamic to the game. Most of just a few units (Heroes) I've looked at are powerful on their own. I've known for a while now that once yours and my units are identified will be placed in random locations on Erebus by a 3rd party player. So all we will know at the beginning of the game is where they are located, the rest of the map will be black and you and I will want to rally our units to be more significant.

This also assist in discovering all 6 players sooner, that is if you wish to. I on the other hand may decide to stay separated to cover more ground and find unsuspecting units to kill!

Remember if our units die(it is possible but not easy), we cannot replace them even if you are gifted a city. I can never control a city, so my strategy of staying alive is very important. You on the other hand will be supported by the alignment you've chosen. But be careful because you don't know where any of them are and the Dragons are your enemy instantly! The Dragons don't care if Erebus is Good or Evil, All I care about is killing and destroying everything in my path!

The beginning of this game as it will be for the Good and Evil Players is that they are unique in their own ways a should build their own empires accordingly, this diversity if applied together like adventuring parties should be significantly more powerful than 3 individual players!. these players must come together like AD&D Players to do 3 very big things if not more!!!
1) Master the map and all the nasty things there
2) Kill the opposite alignment
3) Protect themselves and their cities from Dragons and Barbarians

After a long pause acquainting myself with a new girlfriend I renter the map to look at where 3 "Good" and 3 "Bad" civilizations will reside.

In the beginning and even still now the 2 "Neutral" Players units wil be place randomly separate for these players to have an adventure/challenge, Hense catching a lone Black Dragon or a Great White Wizard alone could be a major game changer.

I need a vote

This will be 8 players and a "Large" map is designed for 9, is a "Large" map large enough to stealthily move around out of visual range?
(my Laptop can handle a Huge map, can yours?)

When players travel threw the Fog of War I believe they will have gathered a well rounded group of units to make the trip, loosing maybe a Spy would not make a huge impact although loosing a few of the frontline fighting units most-likely would. So considering the map size is something that needs to be addressed now.

Depends on the mapscript and how much landmass there is I would say. Large should be fine with low sea level.

Erebus*

I never played it but I'm in!

I'm, I've tried it but did not play many turns... have to go back and re-visit it!

Top Bottom