Fall from Heaven II PBEM Game

No Settlers

In that case it might be better if one of the good guys chooses the civ whose cities can work three rings instead of two but are in turn limited in the number of cities they can but in total. Can't member their name though atm.

Advance start 720 (Player flexibility, although I am unsure if this goes with "No Settler")

I'm not sure if it actually works with this mod.

Blessing of Amathaon > Doubles the amount of Bonuses?
Hallowed Ground > Armageddon disabled?
Last Days > Doubles any changes to the Armageddon counter?
Compact Enforced > Infernal and Mercurians will not show up?

Do you mean you're unsure about what they do or if we should enable them?

Remove Religion (all of them would be questioned)
No Archeron
No Orthus (I know these are Barbarian units but I don't no if they are Alignment favoring
No Duin (No clue if this is good or bad)

Woah woah woah no religion? That messes up the complete balance!
Duin I think is that werewolf unit in the endgame that basically allows players who are already running away with the game to finish it pretty quickly rather than having to wait for ages to reach the domination limit.

Yes, Tebryn is a leader of the Sheiam. However...if Luthor, you really want him, then I'll definitely go with Hyborem.

Hyborem, as per Mercuruians, are Hell and Angel (Evil/Good), Leaders that can be spawned in later game, the player that creates the "Wonder" will have the opertunity to play as Hyborem or Mercurians. So as i found out, its not an option to start with.

Sciendez... are you Ljosalfar or Kuriotates?
Kuriotates :)

One more question...what will the Armageddon Counter start out? (Or will we remove it? :shake:)
Absolute totally not, its one of the big things in FFH2, i vote nay :)

And for the Voting...

I will be selecting the Challenges;
Raging Barbarians (XP building)
Barbarian World (XP building and Stronghold taking)
No Settlers (Permanent growing Cities/Castles)
Sounds super, and even without the Raging Barbarians, they emerge x3 as much in FFH2, and Group attack, than in core civ4.

End of Winter (Adds Flavor)
Never tried, it with End of Winter, so neutral :)

No City Razing (Permanent growing Cities/Castles)
Requires Complete Kill
Wildlands (XP building)
Living World (more events)

Very good idea, in everything, super nice :) Love it :D

Advance start 720 (Player flexibility, although I am unsure if this goes with "No Settler")
Advanced start is a good, choice, if it can be done, pointed out by imp. Knoedal.

Conquest (Victory Condition)

Here is what I'm unsure of:
Blessing of Amathaon > Doubles the amount of Bonuses?
I believe its like double of Incense bonus, Ivory, etc... not entirely sure.

Hallowed Ground > Armageddon disabled?
Absolutely never :D

Last Days > Doubles any changes to the Armageddon counter?
Deff. turn it off, since Raging Barbarians will be enogh chanllenge in the start. Meaning. Orthus, could early game totally wipe out a player with ease, since he comes early and we have less defences, he accompanies not alone, but with a stack of barbarians.

Compact Enforced > Infernal and Mercurians will not show up?
The only problem there is with this is, when the wonder is built, the player, if he chose to play as Hyborem/Mercurians, it will leave a AI player behind. So prob. turn it off. Or if 2 players could join in a later game? but that just complicate things. So if no AI should be part of this game, turn it off.

Remove Religion (all of them would be questioned)
NEVER! As pointed out, Religion in this game, gives alot of benefits, having a specific Religion, gives you access to unique Heroes, Units and buildings, changing religion, you lose the heroes and Units, so when you choose a Religion here, it one TOTALLY sticks with it :) I Believe, that some Religions, even have some Civics unlocked, unsure of that. Of all my votes, this one is my strongest. Religion ON!

No Archeron
Archeron, is a Barbarian Dragon, that cannot move from a Random Barbarian City, it applies to, it has a Unique treasure, when city is taken. But this city is Hard to take. Its like the Barbarians Capital. Leave it on :)

No Orthus (I know these are Barbarian units but I don't no if they are Alignment favoring
They not alignment favoring, only with the leaders with "Barbarian" trait.
If AC is doubled, i vote Orthus off. If not doubled, Orthus On :)

No Duin (No clue if this is good or bad)
Yeah its the Werewolf dude, i am neutral in this one :)

If we really go without settlers I might want to rethink picking Bannor after all, and one of our team should definitely pick Kuriotates as having a small number of supercities is their whole selling point.

I think that it makes sense to discuss the houserules first before choosing... can we do that?

Either we choose before or after, but we should all have the chance of doing the same, not only the (so called) good guys!!! :p

If we really go without settlers I might want to rethink picking Bannor after all, and one of our team should definitely pick Kuriotates as having a small number of supercities is their whole selling point.

And your quite right, if you not desire to be Bannor, maybe i will, or still the Elves, need to rethink that... Yeah the centaur races might not be stupid, with the no settler.

I think that it makes sense to discuss the houserules first before choosing... can we do that?

Either we choose before or after, but we should all have the chance of doing the same, not only the (so called) good guys!!! :p

Hehe, might be needful to know the rules before choosing a Leader... i vote for that..

I feel like I'm reading a foreign language here lol...

my team will pick what leaders are best for me... they know my strengths... well at least Knoedel does for sure.

Hyborem, as per Mercuruians, are Hell and Angel (Evil/Good), Leaders that can be spawned in later game, the player that creates the "Wonder" will have the opertunity to play as Hyborem or Mercurians. So as i found out, its not an option to start with.
I believe you can start with them if you set it in the advanced settings (That may just be from Fall Further) If not that, then World Builder should work.

I don't like End of Winter, I vote remove it.

Yes to Blessing of Amathaon
No to Hallowed Ground
Not sure on Last Days
No to Compact Enforced, as it would allow Good/Evil to gain another player on their side, and potentially switch Civs.

Keep Religion

I don't like Orthus, or Archeron. I vote yes for Duin.

No to End of Winter.

However...I don't like No Settlers. Why?

Good definitely has a preference to Lower, more powerful cities, while Evil caters to less populous, but more numerous cities. This is especially true for the Sheaim, as the number of cities makes a huge difference in units I gain (through Planar Gates).

This also will mean that if we happen to make the world too big, it won't mess things up too bad.

As for our team, I personally thing that our leader choices are great. *Especially* because Sciendez is Arendel Phaedra. (Arendel Phaedra and Faeryl Viconia are rivals)

I don't like End of Winter, I vote remove it.

I love it for flavor. For those who are not aware, lore-wise FFH2 is set after the events of FFH Age of Ice, a scenario shipped with BtS, in which the god of Winter (forgot his name) has brought about, well, an age of ice. In the end he gets killed by Kylorin (the player in aforementioned scenario) which starts a new era, the one FFH2 is set in. This game option reflects these events in that at the start pretty much every tile on the map is either tundra or ice, but over the course of the game one after another turns into Grassland, Tundra or Desert.

Good definitely has a preference to Lower, more powerful cities, while Evil caters to less populous, but more numerous cities. This is especially true for the Sheaim, as the number of cities makes a huge difference in units I gain (through Planar Gates).

What about Bannor though? Their world spell gives you AFAIK a crusader for every city and town, which clearly encourages wide empires with lots of cottages.

I prefer the no settlers option now for obvious reasons. :D

Whoever of us plays Kuriotates if we do pick it should be first in turn order, since their city placement is the most important and it´s better if the rest of the team adjusts to them than the other way round.

@thenameipicked
It seams like your choices are based on an empire building game
No end of winter and yes to settlers because you want more cities.

But this is based on units, promotions and magic. I assure you that what you able to train from the few cities you control will be merely cannon fodder to the rest of the units you'll start with

I believe you can start with them if you set it in the advanced settings (That may just be from Fall Further) If not that, then World Builder should work.

If that is the case, and it can be done, and Eclipse calls good for it, then i deff, want to be the Mercurians, if not, still unsure, due to "No Settler Issue" (Centaur or Elves)..

But yeah, we should find out the rules first. :)

About the "No Settler" issue, i really like the idea of Cities already placed. I Dont know if you (Eclipse) is gonna design the map entirely, with all cities placed... if thats the case, im very fine with the "No Settler" :) Makes it abit like (Medieval War II / Heroes of might and Magic)
With lots of Barbarian settlements to capture, to claim for one self.

:)

This is Eclipse design so we should accept and trust whatever he defines for us.

I do find the "one city challenge" interesting!

I previously said "No to Compact Enforced", I meant to say "Yes". My conclusion and logic didn't match.

I understand that this is not a Builder-style game. However, for both the Bannor and for Sheiam, number of cities has a huge affect on units. (I have planar gates, which is the Sheiam's primary way to gain units, and Bannor has their world spell).

However, assuming there are lots of Barbarian cities (which never connected, despite you saying that above), I'm totally cool with no settlers.

The reason I don't like End of Winter is because it makes movement so slow.

However, if Sciendez is Mercurians, then we definitely get the Infernal.

You know, for roleplaying purposes I think the classical human-elf-dwarf combination might be in order for the good guys.

Hehe yeah :) i have made some thoughts about that two, i fear with the sheiam, they have their project to raise the AC, eloihm has the opposite to lower the AC, should one of our good guys be them?
If Hyborem is not chosen on Evil side, i go for Centaur or Elves, of cause if any other wants to, go for it, i would never accept that i Lock 3 leaders on a "if" ;)

Alrighty then, the good team has for the most part come to a decision on which civs to pick:

Arendel Phaedra of Ljosalfar for Nighthawk
Garrim Gyr of Luchuirp for Imperator Knoedel
Sabathiel of Bannor or Einion Logos of Elohim for Scienidez (we´re still unsure about that one)

We´d also like the bad guys to not pick the Infernal, as it would be unfair since we refrained from including the Mercurians in our line-up.

I think the decision of whether Scienidez plays Bannor or Elohim is dependent on whether or not we get to found additional cities.

Top Bottom