Fall From Heaven Leader's Tale - Valledia the Even

I have two problems with the save:
1) The adept was supposed to burn jungle so we could build dye plantations and farms/cottages around our third city. Instead he mostly scouted- which is sort of good- but it would not have been my priority.
2) Our workers learned how to cut down trees at the end of the last set but they don't really appear to have done any cutting down of trees. Maybe they were busy.

My bad if these critcisms are misplaced...

On the other hand:
Nice scouting- we learnt lots of new stuff.

ALSO: VERY NICE STORY. i am entertained.

I.

I realised that I accidently skipped Immy before, so Imhotep is UP, stuge ON DECK.

I think Immac makes a couple of good points we can address in the next set. Lot of barbs out there isn't there. Should we make a grab for the crappy copper city just to get better soldiers (can make a training yard as well).

Fun is at its most
bow to your gracious host
yeah, bow down really low

before you enter the freak's grand show

My Artists brought reports back
said they found another people's track
they live up north a ride of a day
greeted me but quickly went away.

The Amurites they are called
another tribe to be enthralled
by my guile and my wit
cause no one has quite my grit.

Don't know whether they're young or old
but 'round here things are all gold
as I enter the stage there's no hiss
we're living in an age of bliss.

To the show we served finest apple cider
but up north they only had a nasty spider
I'm told they dealed with it in the end
but help I fortunately didn't send...

As down here we're close to discover gravitation
up north they're still wondering about exploration
roads sure can help this tribe grow
but they may lead to a faster visit from the freak show...

Just lately from afar we saw a black haze
the jungle and woods are all ablaze
wicked magic set them on fire
the Amurites will soon burn too on the pyre !

Still there is nothing to fear
the days of their mastery ain't near
they are a forgotten little tribe
without hope and the freak's vibe !

Their warriors still lack prowess
and I can only vaguely guess
if they will capture the city or not
as it is overall not so hot.

Those Amurites have wicked ways
now animals are serving them those days
to us the animals are like a friend
this will lead to the Amurite's end.

The Amurites so far were dumb
their eyes were blind and numb
but now they've spotted the land of the dwarves
where into the hills they carve.

They still can't put horses to their use
as they're out of reach for abuse
but I bet this is a matter of time
as they will eventually be at their prime.

This to hinder the freak stands forth
The freaks will liberate all the north
So says Perpentach, Lord of Clowns
eager to free Amurite towns.

Imhotep

OOC stuff:

The city might serve as production city if we farm all the grasslands and pasture the sheep, but otherwise it's not so great. The Warrior has 98.7% odds, a second warrior is on the way. I've burned the jungle and started plantations. Cevedes is on Settler duty for the copper spot but also on full commerce mode as I've selected Elementalism next for improving our mana nodes. The Luichirp are south of Perpentach, no contact made yet though.

Imhotep

What is this great racket that disturbs my slumber? The banging and thumping and pounding! Crash! Crack! Ah, my ears and my head. My mountain dwelling has known only peace for ages.

I am Nomia and this is my mountain. And this is my valley. Oh, I am not alone, the valley teams with animals. Sheep, bear, lions, and even some of those humans. But they are of no consequence.

Whack! Thump! What is that infernal noise?

Ah, the humans are busy this morning. I see they are dragging wood from a nearby forest up that hill. This is most unusual, they are not very industrious and terribly obtuse. You can have more cerebral banter with a pack of wolves.

What are they up to? Well, I am already awake with this dreadful noise, so I will take a little swim up the river and have a look.

My, my, these little beasts have been busy. They have built themselves some rather dreary shelters and what looks like some appalling communal building where gods-know-what human rites must take place. And the noise, unbearable.

Oh! The pitiful creatures have chosen a leader, some poor pathetic minnow to prop up their inconsequential lives. At least they chose a female, not that it matters in any meaningful way. And they have a name for their disheveled collection of brush, Cevedes. As if a mere title will bestow some import to their pitiful existence.

Enough of this! I retreat to my mountain home and seek solace. But the horrible beasts are relentless and continue their useless toils until after dark. I am angry, but playful.

As the darkness pushes the frightened souls into their frail lodges, I am running down the mountain and into their little town. I scatter their tools and pull thatches from their huts. I bang rocks and shriek as I run from one end to the other.

I can feel the fear in them. I know they are trembling inside. Their thoughts betray them as I predicted. They are now thinking this idea was foolish and they should return to their old simple ways. I laugh and dive into the river, the sound loud in their ears.

But what is this? Someone stands on the hill, looking down at me in the river. A challenge? From a human? This cannot be, this one has gone mad. I approach and there is no retreat. It is the one they call Valledia, the chosen one.

She is afraid, I feel that. But she does not flee. I could erase her from where she stands. But she is different. There is more to this one than all the others. Still trivial. But, if there are more like this, it could be quite... entertaining for a nymph like me.

I close the distance in a heartbeat and stare into her eyes. We are not a hair's width apart. There is sweat on her brow, though the night is cool. I smile and she trembles. And then I am up the mountain and home again.

If only Valledia knew what lies ahead, what is out there beyond their little valley. The fear she felt tonight is but a flicker of the inferno to come.

The meeting had long been organized but Valledia felt uneasy about finally meeting Perpentach face to face. She was too young to remember Perpentach, but she clearly remembered the tale she was told about him as a youngster came to her mind as she walked through the doors to the chamber where Perpentach was waiting for her.

“Perpentach was a student of Kylorin in the Age of Magic, he specialized in mind magic. When the civil started in Patria he fought against Kylorin’s rebellion eventually battling Kylorin himself. Kylorin beat him, but rather than kill his former apprentice he imprisoned him in a dungeon deep in a swamp and guarded by golems.

But Perpentach was more powerful than Kylorin suspected and he let his consciousness float out further and further. Miles away from his prison he found a village of people that were being visited by a traveling carnival. He lead them, through suggestion and illusions through the swamp and against the golems. The people saw what they hated most, they were driven on by Perpentach’s demands and his hold on them was so strong that many fought well past the point where they should be dead. The voices of some of these remain still in Perpentach’s mind.

In the end piles of corpses surrounded the dungeon but they had managed to overwhelm the golems and break Perpentach free. They took him back to their village and installed the very insane mage as their new king.”

‘You have something about you,
Something I can smell.
A taint as it were.
Of someone I knew well.’

With these words, Valledia’s mind was focused back to the tall man dressed in a clown’s costume standing before her. She shifted uncomfortably at his piercing gaze but remained focused on her mission.

“Greetings my Lord Perpentach. May the friendship of the Amurites and the Balseraphs be everlasting.” As she said the words she could feel the lightest of touches cross her thoughts. Muttering the charms the adepts had taught her, she met Perpentach’s gaze and smiled. She was delighted to see his eyes widen slightly as he realized what she had done.

‘Such tricks you know
Your mind is clear.
But pray tell,
For why are you here?’

“We are after information, my lord. We seek Kylorin.” This time Perpentach’s eyes tightened and his gaze hardened.

‘My master, your father,
All for one and one for all
A happy family
One kept in thrall.’

With this, Perpentach motioned to a lackey in the room, turned around and walked away.

“Perpentach, wait.” cried Valledia, “What do you know?”

But Perpentach never looked back and left the room. Valledia felt a tugging at her sleeve. “My lady, please be seated at the table and we will discuss how to cement the friendship of the Amurites and Balseraphs. Please”

She sat down and started the discussions, as these were important matters to the future prosperity and security of the Amurites but she kept looking at the door, unable to shake the feeling that Perpentach knew more than he was letting on to.

Ewww....:squirm: ... tasty.... there be good reading for this morning's :coffee:.
i.

Nice pieces there! :goodjob:

Thanks for decking me, Oz.

Got it, give me a couple of days to work through my set.

Story to follow. Save posted to continue. Sorry to take so long. Its been a crazy week.

Attachments

• Valledia AD-0213.CivBeyondSwordSave
    175.3 KB · Views: 77
'K, I'll probably need the full time to play, so everybody be patient. :sleep:

Top Bottom