Fall patch,AI was OK till.....

gheorghos130

Chieftain
*Till France declared to me War and none of her troops attacked me.
*She started to beg for her life and peace when she saw 1 oplite approaching...laughable and pathetic.
*She was spamming for peace every turn....till I had enough and agreed.... (I can see Firaxis intention to let us know that 'Spamming is good and actually is part of AI tacs.')
*Peter the Great and Cleo spammed me all time with nonsenses about great culture and small army....can I just block them from friend list????There are really annoying.

So I guess patch haven't do much about AI conducting a War , be aggressive and making wars with objectives or drunk leaders spamming players for no reason to archive 'psychological victory'.
I'm not a pro in this game and I play in Prince/king lvl because I hate AI having bonuses,Fall patch resolves issues like the settlers one, upgrade units and 'maybe???' making them prioritize research a bit more but for the rest haven't seen many changes...

Does the AI knows how to conduct Wars and get cities??
Are we going to miss Stacks of Doom????

*Loved AI+ mod but don't know if it works correctly with new patch or not.

Last edited:
That happened to me before the patch. Two nations declared war on me but I didn't see any of their troops.

However, Russia was Suzerain of a city state (cant remember which) and that city state was much closer to me - and they did attack me a bit and actually nearly took one of my cities by surprise!

That happened to me before the patch. Two nations declared war on me but I didn't see any of their troops.

However, Russia was Suzerain of a city state (cant remember which) and that city state was much closer to me - and they did attack me a bit and actually nearly took one of my cities by surprise!

Same thing happened to me. I am usually suzerain for almost every city state near me, so never bother to check.
After a DoW, no troops from the civ. but I noticed a huge CS army encroaching on my borders. Just assumed they were friendly and sight-seeing. Pumping out troops, sending them the opposite direction towards where I assumed the action would happen (near the Civ that DoWd me).
Next turn the CS army surrounds my city in a swarm of troops, and would have easily taken it if the AI didn't keep shuffling troops like a nutter.

Was an embarrassing moment. Now I make sure to always remain suzerain of neighbouring CSs.

Also, to the OP-

It's PEACE , not PIECE.
That was really bugging me, sorry :p

*Till France declared to me War and none of her troops attacked me.

*Loved AI+ mod but don't know if it works correctly with new patch or not.

I am running AI+ today with no issues (save for the Settler Spam :rolleyes:) Poor Pedro really wants to a put a city deep in my territory somewhere. 3 Settlers are bunched up outside my borders with a couple of my warriors blocking the gate...."Thou Shall Not Pass" :lol:

I`m not against the AI declaring war and nothing showing up for a while. It happened every now and then in other cIv games. Sometimes they get held up by other concerns; maybe another Civ attacked them and caused them to change plan.

However in Civ 6 I`ve seen so many complaints about the weak AI that it seems broken to me.

sounds like you're just going to have to deal with the AI having bonuses

It's a partial patch ... fixed a tiny proportion of the glitches and imbalances while introducing some new ones ... DX12 mode crashes a lot and it even has a feature to send the crashlogs to Firaxis, I've sent a few samples to them already lol

One has certainly seen a rise in culture victory aggression, the trouble is the competing Civ's go about it in an uncivilized way.

Care to define uncivilized? In a game where war and espionage and genocide are options? ;)

I am running AI+ today with no issues (save for the Settler Spam :rolleyes:) Poor Pedro really wants to a put a city deep in my territory somewhere. 3 Settlers are bunched up outside my borders with a couple of my warriors blocking the gate...."Thou Shall Not Pass" :lol:

How mod interacts with patch?
Just saw version VI is up :}
Cheers for Siesta Guru.

Care to define uncivilized? In a game where war and espionage and genocide are options? ;)

Genocide? oh dear me no. One would never do such a dreadful thing. One may send ones criminals to the antipodes where they then commit genocide but one would never dream of being so dreadful.

War is for ruffians and one would never engage in such a waste of energy. Naturally educating natives may take some persuasion in other climbs but they be barbarians and just needed being told correctly.

And certainly one would certainly never indulge in the unsavory world of espionage. One denies all knowledge and certainly would never plumb to such depths oneself.

Uncivilized people are less civil, one should always be polite regardless of what pursuits one indulges in

Genocide? oh dear me no. One would never do such a dreadful thing. One may send ones criminals to the antipodes where they then commit genocide but one would never dream of being so dreadful.

Not an option in Civ VI, but given your avatar I shouldn't be surprised that you're watchin the tv series ;)
So you never ever raise cities...?

War is for ruffians and one would never engage in such a waste of energy. Naturally educating natives may take some persuasion in other climbs but they be barbarians and just needed being told correctly.

And certainly one would certainly never indulge in the unsavory world of espionage. One denies all knowledge and certainly would never plumb to such depths oneself.

Uncivilized people are less civil, one should always be polite regardless of what pursuits one indulges in

Lol, Gorgo and Catherine will be unamused. I am a builder rather than war monger at heart too. But I find myself compromising in all sorts of nasty ways to get the win ;)

So I guess patch haven't do much about AI conducting a War ...
I'm not a pro in this game and I play in Prince/king...
Does the AI knows how to conduct Wars and get cities??
On Deity, I just had my capital taken by Norway in an early warrior rush. Granted, it was mostly open terrain, and I thought 2 slingers and a warrior could stem the tide.

Maybe you need to step up your level?

How mod interacts with patch?
Just saw version VI is up :}
Cheers for Siesta Guru.

Still a bit early to tell but seems ok. Pedro Surprised Dec'd me @T200 (Epic), he is obviously jealous and pissed about something i have settled.
Spoiler :

As you can see i am running a peaceful game with a skeleton crew army. Pedro was smart enough to Suzerain the City states, Luckily i had Valetta and rushed the Ancient Walls along my border after being war dec'd the turn before. Ill probably catch a little pillage hurt but i am not too concerned :) Hopefully Scythia gets all prissy with Pedro for backstabbing me and eats him. Scythia has got a few more cities in the fog, no Missionary spam yet

there's already a wealth of wonderful mods out there that combined with the patch have made this game surpass civ 5 BNW.

So i just got a persistent Crash on turn running A.I+ in the above game... As far as i know you can't remove a mod from a savegame :(. I still have a previous Save(I hard Save every 50 turns in case i might need them, maybe i will continue the game later and see if it resolves itself with new outcomes. Its a good game too, Got a SupaPetra City, Building a 10GPT per trade route Zimbabwe, just converted Pedro to the true faith because he had the nerve to send a missionary my way(locked him out of his Religion), Tomyris did get all prissy and is in the process of kicking his worthless ass for surprise Deccing me :lol:,...sigh..:undecide:

Right now, Civ6 feels significantly easier than Civ5. You can make more mistakes and get away with it. I think the gameplay elements they added have made the game a difficult juggling act, and if it's hard for players to get it right, it's almost always harder for the AI to get it right. Also, there's much more pressure on your build queue in Civ6. They basically made it impossible to do everything that you need to do in a reasonable amount of time, which means making tough priority decisions is even more critical... and that's always been something the AI was bad at... "Do I build this campus, or this granary, or this unit, or this builder, or this trader???"

Also, quests encourage dabbling. I'm not sure how much the AI cares about quests, but if they take them into consideration, it would make them even worse.

"I'll put off this tech I really need until I can complete the quest that gives me the bonus..." WRONG! :p

Right now, Civ6 feels significantly easier than Civ5. You can make more mistakes and get away with it. I think the gameplay elements they added have made the game a difficult juggling act, and if it's hard for players to get it right, it's almost always harder for the AI to get it right. Also, there's much more pressure on your build queue in Civ6. They basically made it impossible to do everything that you need to do in a reasonable amount of time, which means making tough priority decisions is even more critical... and that's always been something the AI was bad at... "Do I build this campus, or this granary, or this unit, or this builder, or this trader???"

Also, quests encourage dabbling. I'm not sure how much the AI cares about quests, but if they take them into consideration, it would make them even worse.

"I'll put off this tech I really need until I can complete the quest that gives me the bonus..." WRONG! :p

And it feels 10x as fun! :D
V was so dull in comparison.

Top Bottom