Fallout mod.

Fetus4188 said:
Oh wow! This looks beautiful. I can't believe I haven't seen this before. Is it still in alpha stage? If it is, is there any way I can get into the beta?

Fetus, sure just follow the link to CDG and start contributing. :)
Also i might need you to do some parts for the team. ;) As this thread is only for previewing, as when beta testing begins it will be conducted over at CDG. :) The reason for that is if i make it available here, you would have to go throught DL Hell. And at CDG i will be putting it on their server, so all you need to do is register then DL. :D

:nuke: Cheers Senior Elder Thorgrimm :nuke:

Thorgrimm said:
@Reddog, glad to see you back! Love those ruins, the factory cities are going to be for the bots. As being bots they would use nothing but factories for buildings. Reddog, if you could get those bot cities to me i can implement them in the mod. :)

@Flamescreen, sorry about not telling you about this thread, and my scavenger's market was my first attempt at using the FO2 editors. Glad you like it. If i could do gfx better i would like era specific buildings, but am not going to ask you to do them. I am not a total slaver driver, only a partial one. ;)

@ Hamah, you will just have to wait for the release for the mod for the gfx. ;) :D

:nuke: Cheers Senior Elder Thorgrimm

Well, for some era specific is possible(like the scavenger market/guild)
I might be doing added for things like waterworks too, if I'll get to it.
After I'm finished with the other stuff though.

I'd like to possibly try to do the VD sprite myself if I can(To get full credit! :D ). I'll see to it with help by Kinboat's stuff. I'm hoping to get proper poses. Since I have Poser, I might as well use it.

Great work, RedDog!
I also like how the purple color for bots suits the green of the terrain grafix!
Sweet!

Flamescreen wrote:
I'd like to possibly try to do the VD sprite myself if I can(To get full credit! ). I'll see to it with help by Kinboat's stuff. I'm hoping to get proper poses. Since I have Poser, I might as well use it.

Flame, if you could do the Vaultdwellers civ units that would be outstanding!

I'm working on the model right now, I don't know how good it will come out. I'm going with a variant of Kinboats fpor anims and mine for Civpedia.
I'll probably post some picks next week to get an opinion.

Till then, here's my next building:

The Dome of Memories was firstly build during the era of regret, as a beacon of light in Wasteland's darkness, to remind all of us, what course of action would lead to war and prompting us to never repeat most of them.

Eventually, the place that recieves at least once a year thousand pilgrims from all over, would become a great source of hope as well, keeping inside artifacts that remind us of heroic Wastelanders.
[Added for Simple building uses]: Eventually the original building, was copied in every major city, by people eager to prove their ancestors were worthy of fame too.

Might be doing multiple era's

Era: ReA*****
Preq:
Ancestral Tribute/Homage -> Leads to: Pilgrimage(that is the preq){Both 4th era techs}

Effect:
As simple building--
happiness, culture boost, trade
As Small/Big wonder--
Gives two techs, launches Golden age(possible?), Lab in every city?(Pilgrims bring knowledge and artifacts with them)

For artwork go check post 676, page 34...

Excellent, comes with a full Civ description as well. :goodjob:

Gents, here are the Tech trees by era so far. As you can tell we need suggestions for the 2nd and 4th eras. One requisite for the suggestions though, they must fit in with what is already there, and must have a Fallout feel to them. :D

Does it actually looks like that in the game? I think the words are very big.

Can you make a brief explanation of what each tech is used for?

Hamah said:
Does it actually looks like that in the game? I think the words are very big.

Can you make a brief explanation of what each tech is used for?

Hamah, no the words were edited by Flamescreen for ease of seeing what they were. I will see about explanations in a bit. ;) :D

Weasel Op said:
Those trees are out of order aren't they?
Weasel, you are correct, and thank you for pointing it out. :) Rearranged.

flamescreen said:
If you mean Steam Power, that was of my thoughts too, but since we're talking a ruined world, it's not inconceivable.

Thor, I was thinking, maybe add Hydraulics as a 4th era tech.
Ancestral Tribute is also 4th with no preq, btw.

If you gents had played my War of the Worlds mod, you know i like to make the player think outside the box, and have to adapt. ;) :D

Here is my thinking on why steam power is so late. In the modern world how many people know how to make a working steam engine? There are 10's of thousands of people who can build I.C.E. engines. Hence Methanol engines are relatively early, as it is just a conversion of the carborator and ignition system. Steam power would HAVE to be relearned from scratch. As would all other forms of archaic technology. :) So you have a unique situation where the relatively hight tech items like methanol engines early and the more primitive tech later. Although you would need to relearn the old tech to eventually be able to REBUILD the modern tech, and not just repair or convert. :D

@ Flamescreen, those sound good dude. Any hints on what Hydraulics might lead to? I like it as it fits into my thinking of having to relearn the older techs.

Thorgrimm said:
If you gents had played my War of the Worlds mod, you know i like to make the player think outside the box, and have to adapt. ;) :D

Here is my thinking on why steam power is so late. In the modern world how many people know how to make a working steam engine? There are 10's of thousands of people who can build I.C.E. engines. Hence Methanol engines are relatively early, as it is just a conversion of the carborator and ignition system. Steam power would HAVE to be relearned from scratch. As would all other forms of archaic technology. :) So you have a unique situation where the relatively hight tech items like methanol engines early and the more primitive tech later. Although you would need to relearn the old tech to eventually be able to REBUILD the modern tech, and not just repair or convert. :D

@ Flamescreen, those sound good dude. Any hints on what Hydraulics might lead to? I like it as it fits into my thinking of having to relearn the older techs.

Yes, that's how I'm rationalising also.
Have no idea what it leads to(hydraulics).
What would need hydraulics?
Increased weight lifting? Car Breaks/windows?

Some short of new Engineering breakthrough I s'pose.
So make Engineering a preq for it and something fictional, like "Boosted Transport" as a derivative. This would be a transporting goods or other cargo through a controlled explosion method that would need hydraulics to stop and carrying the cargo in and out of system.

Prob not too good, but gimme a couple days and i'll consider other options.
If you'll take it, Motorised transportation wouls also be a preq since it's a derivative from it.

flamescreen said:
Yes, that's how I'm rationalising also.
Have no idea what it leads to(hydraulics).
What would need hydraulics?
Increased weight lifting? Car Breaks/windows?

Some short of new Engineering breakthrough I s'pose.
So make Engineering a preq for it and something fictional, like "Boosted Transport" as a derivative. This would be a transporting goods or other cargo through a controlled explosion method that would need hydraulics to stop and carrying the cargo in and out of system.

Prob not too good, but gimme a couple days and i'll consider other options.
If you'll take it, Motorised transportation wouls also be a preq since it's a derivative from it.

Flame, a lot of things that need a strength multiplier uses hydraulics. Like modern factories, Presses, aircraft, lots of things just need to figure out what would be the most useful here. :D

Thorgrimm said:
Flame, a lot of things that need a strength multiplier uses hydraulics. Like modern factories, Presses, aircraft, lots of things just need to figure out what would be the most useful here. :D

Hi, I'm sidetracked on a Christmas project and don't know when I'll contribute more(maybe new Years).

Till then:

Hydraulics is a preq for PA

It also leads to Mechanised/Automated production Which gives Automated Factory(My next graphics)

Cheers!

Also have a Merry Christmas and happy New Year everyone if I'm not around to wish you for those occasions. :)

The tech tree remains as suggested by Thorgrimm? Could you add some explanations on each one please?

Thorgrimm! well I guess you are Imperator, Caeser, High elder, king or what ever title you own... the boss here,

do have eny idea when this modification going to come out?

I hope its coming soon...

Top Bottom