1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout mod.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by MarineCorps, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Quinzy

Quinzy Deity

2. AncientOne

AncientOne Johnny Juwarra

Yes, Thorgrimm released it and even many updated versions, but the last version he released was still not thought to be the final. The last version had many problems, but got never fixed.

3. CyberDanz

CyberDanz Chieftain

Hello Thorgrim! I really like some of the default changes you have made within your Fallout Mod.. Sorry to revive an old thread, but I can't seem to figure out how to send you a message directly outside the forums. So I'll explain it publicly.. I'm working on a Fallout mod of my own, mostly for myself, but I may upload it when completed to share with others. However, I need permissions on a few things first. I'm seeking permissions from Thorgrim to use your Pipboy interface, a few of your resource graphics (eg LargeCalAmmo, SmallCalAmmo, BrocFlower, Electronics, Geckos, Fusion Batteries, Med Supplies, Tires, and XanderRoot), and some of your Fallout specific units (ghouls, mutants, etc).
    I am creating my own components (civs, resources-except the ones I seek permissions, wonders, leaderheads, etc). The above things are the only ones I'm wishing to re-use as far as the graphics goes. Otherwise, all imrovements, advances, techs, etc will be of my own original ideas. It'll be a while before I can make a functional mod.. I'm having troubles with making my own units.. I have Blender, 3ds Max Studio 2012, Poser Pro... along with many of the utilities on this site (SBB, etc) and can't get anything to work with making my own units. I have FO1-3 and NV on my PC and I can't even rip the in game units considering I don't have the engine or models needs to wrap the ripped graphics into to make them look right.. Grrrr..
    If you have any solutions besides the already provided tutorials on here regarding making my own units are concerned, would be GREATLY appreciated. However, may I use the few above mentioned things of yours within my mod? I have no troubles giving credit to anything that's not mine to the original creator(s).. I'm not trying to plagurize anything and call it mine. Thanks in advance for your consideration regarding my request of your permissions.

4. Gojira54

Gojira54 The folly of Man

CyberDanz - I can't speak for anything else in the mod, but I did make a set of Fallout resources for the mod, many of which were actually used in the mod. They are included in my publicly released resource collection, which is in my signature. Feel free to use any of that, all I ask is give credit to anything of mine you use.

I think every resource you specified are in that collection.

Good luck on your Mod. I love Fallout as much as Civ3 - the only 2 games I am fanatic about. I cannot spend much time in the way of modding outside of my own Modzilla mod, but I can certainly help you in the ideas department. I am very familiar with both Fallout and the mechanics of Civ3 modding...

Also - try researching some of the items you are looking for, such as the units. If the maker released them separately outside the mod, you can use them, but if they didn't you really should get Thorgrims approval first.

5. CyberDanz

CyberDanz Chieftain

Gojira54.. Thank you for the permissions regarding the resource graphics and noting that you have them available for public use.

Fallout and CivIII Complete are like the only two games I get into anymnore. They are awesome!

As far as the units are concerned... only three have been released within the forums I could find, and they were merely a 'taste' of what will be in the Fallout Mod. I didn't see anything stating they were up for anyone to use in their own modding.

I have many, many jpegs of all the different units I wish to create.. and can't find anything on google offering them pre-made. I've been following many, many tutorials regarding the how-to's in successfully creating your own units. I've failed each time! Once I can accomplish getting the units created, I believe using Steph's SBB will be the easier part to get them ready for the mod.

Thanks again for you quick reply. The units and figuring out the tech tree are about the only things holding me up from completing my version of a Fallout Mod. Maybe as I get further along, I may upload something incomplete, such as a playable beta for those interested in it. Also, doing that, will allow some early comments on bugs/fixes it may need before I try and finalize it.

6. eamon360

eamon360 Chieftain

I'm Making a Fallout scenario for myself. I'm looking to make the map the whole of north america and maybe include factions from the more recent games. Is it ok if I use the resources in this mod in my mod? Unit graphics and terrain and that sort of thing. I most likely won't finish it and release it publicly. but if i do i will credit everyone whose resources i used.

7. Gojira54

Gojira54 The folly of Man

Eamon - I made a collection of Fallout resources for this mod, some of which he used. Those are my creation, and I released them separately for anyone to use. The link to my whole resource collection which includes Fallout is in my sig. Feel free to use anything there as you wish, but if you do release something public, I just ask for credits on those.

As far as everything else that I did not make, I cannot speak to, only those creators can. Generally speaking Private mods are not an issue, but not necessarily always...

8. eamon360

eamon360 Chieftain

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll download your collection and have a look through it. I most likely will not release anything public for a long time. I still can't get my head around some of the features in the editor :crazyeye: . Thanks for letting me use your collection and I will credit you if i ever get anything accomplished.