Fanatikan General Policy / Direction

Which of the paths proposed in the first post should Fanatika follow?

• The Way of Peace

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • The Road to War

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
I abstain! We can have NO predetermined path. We must act to the occasion at all times. If an opprotunity to seize power or victory arises we must take it. If it involves war then so be it. If it involves peace and strong economy, take it! This society is build too much around war, it kills a lot of the fun :(

Please allow me to pull a switcheroo on a well-known phrase:

"If we are to have war, we must prepare for peace."

So maybe we can pummel the Aztecs into eventually giving us a few good techs....is that a strategy we can use throughout the entire game? Even with the Aztecs out of the picture, our two neighbors will then be the Americans and the Japanese - two of the most confident and sprawling empires in the game. I can almost guarantee that both counties already have at least 10-12 cities which means that even a moderately successful Fanatikan campaign will not be conceded readily by either nation. That is not good news for our infrastructure.
We need to define what our borders should be(by settling our perimeters) rather than have them defined for us by our overly-ambitious neighbors. Then we need to build the necessary temples, libaries, granaries and workers to ensure that our cities grow to allow more production which in turn can build us more military support. Only then can we even think of taking on either America or Japan.

Cliff notes version: Weaken or finish Aztecs, build thru to AD, see what happens.... I prefer peace for now.

Nice quote DZ, and I agree. What are we going to do after this war? Our landbridge is already being infringed upon. We don't even have our productive "rings" around our capital filled up!

"All we're saying is, give peace a chance!"

That's a great sentiment for RL CT but in this game we need to start kicking some serious butt, do it soon and do it for quite awhile. Then we can rest on our laurels and have peace.

I think I kinda agree... Finish with the Aztecs, work on infastruction and prepare for war simulataniously... we need to expand!!!

But, isn't the demogame supposed to mirror real life? ;) Anyway, we do need to expand more.

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi
So maybe we can pummel the Aztecs into eventually giving us a few good techs....is that a strategy we can use throughout the entire game?

Well, yes, actually it is a pretty good strategy on this level for the early and mid game at least.

Keep in mind, that with all civ's in contact with each other, and their discounted tech research costs, there is zero probability we can keep up until we become dominant.

I thought your post was very well thought out though, and well presented. In fact, we agree that we must have a strategy to deal with the Japanese and Americans, who unfettered will quickly overwhelm us with production capacity.

The real debate is how do we do that?

The germans before world war 1 prepared for a war just in case of a war. All we do is prepare for another war while trying to stay peaceful and build something other than military units, they drain on our treasury if we keep building them, more cities means more money and a bigger military later on. i say we meet inbetween peace and war and draw up plans of attacks to prepare in the event of a war with either america or japan

Thank you for your kind words, Bill. I truly believe our main strategy at this point should be peaceful settling. We have an opportunity for building 3 grassland cities to our immediate west which will enjoy the protection of the mountains if we fortify strong defensive units in those mountains(we could use some of our victorious Fanatikan elite for that job). We have an essential site just south of Morgana that must become ours, protected by mountains as well. These borders will not only safeguard Fanatika in the short term but will also allow us to unleash fury at our discretion.
This is what I meant by having peace before war. If we secure those borders peacefully now, and quickly, we won't have to fight to make them ours later.

I believe the road of peace will benefit us much more than a road of war.

Right now are cities are economicaly disasters. They need temples and othe improvements that we will not be able to build in war. Instead of attacking quickly and spending all of are money on the war leaving us no money to improve are econimaly status after the war would be bad. We need to stablize are economy then repare for war.

this poll has reached its end time (overrun by about 12 hours, in fact), and once again we have a stalemate.

Originally posted by Eklektikos
this poll has reached its end time (overrun by about 12 hours, in fact), and once again we have a stalemate.

SOOOO.... Does that mean we all can buy PTW and let the demogame sit?

We are a militaristic society and we get our bonuses and benefits from military and war. However, I believe pece is the answer in the short-term. But, since the poll said GENERAL, I voted war.

what are you doing voteing for war, lets add more fuel to the warmongerors fire. All im saying is lets have some peace and expand peacefully, not agressively. The germans were know just for being an agressive civ. They also produced culture, even a new religion came from Germany. Lets focus on the nation and put war on hold

Top Bottom