Fantasy Buildings!

A few more. Three of them was done earlier for the MoM graphics patch, but there is one new too.

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 497
@Tjedge: Please post here or PM me a list of 6-8 most important graphics you need for your mod. I don't think I make much more. At least for now. So please post a list with little descriptions so it is easier for me to decide ;)

Attachments

• fantasy3.zip
    61.9 KB · Views: 202
I'll work on that when I have the time. There are some wonders I could use. In the meantime, I'm satisfied with downloading every cool building I see and possibly use it in the mod. For now, whatever you make will be fine. I'm trying to keep myself focused on units until they are added and then figure out the small wonders. I can use anything though for them as most will produce units.

Got a problem. No icon comes up when I select Crypt (the only one I'm using atm) on the list. Also, once the Building is completed, it isn't shown on the City View (I'm one of those People who looks at that alot). So, what have I missed out or done wrong, if anything? The Civilopedia icons are working btw.

Anarki, did you add it to the city view (btw that's only possible in vanilla and ptw, not in c3c mods.)? And did you add it to the buildings .pcx's?

How do you add it to the City View and what Buildings pcx's? (btw, I'm using PTW).

EDIT: I've added the files to C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\CIV3PTW\Art\Civilopedia\Icons\Buildings and C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\CIV3PTW\Art\City View\Buildings

Anything I could have done wrong?

Anarki said:
How do you add it to the City View
I don't know.
Anarki said:
what Buildings pcx's? (btw, I'm using PTW).
Art/City Screen/buildings-large.pcx and buildings-small.pcx
Add them to your scenario's folder, don't mod the original game.
Anarki said:
Anything I could have done wrong?
Lots. ;)

The way to get the icons to appear in the city screen is as follows:

In the directory CivIII\....\Scenarios\Your_Scenario\Art\City Screen\ are two files: buildings_large.pcs and buildings_small.pcx.

1. You must add the corresponding small icons to these files.

2. Take note of what building's Icon is above where you put the new icon, and open the Civilopedia.txt file located in the ......\Your_Scenario\Text\ directory.

3. Search for the building whose Icon is in the row above your new building. When you find the entry, it should read something like this:

{Example:}
#ICON_BLDG_Temple
Culture
\art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templenalarge.pcx

the number on the third line is the row number for the Buildings_large and Buildings_small.pcx files.

4. Increment this number by 1 (since your building's icon is on the row immediatley under this building), and when you add your own pediaicons entry, use that number for the row:

{Example:}
#ICON_BLDG_Crypt
Single
\art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\cryptlarge.pcx
\art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\cryptsmall.pcx

If you follow all 4 steps, it should work properly.

Top Bottom