Favorite Band?

Syterion

Voodoo Economist
This is just a thread to talk about your favorite band and WHY. I'll start.

Band: Radiohead
Genre: Alternative Rock
Album: Ok, Computer, The Bends
Description: BEST ROCK BAND PERIOD. The Bends and Ok, Computer are both completely classic. A great band at its peak, with an amazing sound.

Band: Rage Against the Machine
Genre: Alternative Rock
Album: Eponymous, The Battle of Los Angeles
Description: Gave birth to rap/rock. The rap is not usual fare filled with sex, drugs, and violence, but much more meaningful. Great guitar sounds, and the vocals perfectlty match the music.

Band: Ben Folds Five(not Ben Folds)
Genre: Alt. Rock
Album: Ben Folds Five
Description: Great, original sound. Cannot be matched anywhere.

These are just some of my main fovrites. I listen a lot more music, but these are the pride of my collection, Besides Jimi Hendrix's Smash Hits.

the title of my "favorite" band changes from time to time, but usually stays in a rough little circle, but as of latelly, No Doubt I think is where my prefernce lays latelly

HMm... Toughie. I love No Doubt as well (if I could get their new Greatest Hits CD I'd have a very merry christmas! *hint, hint*), OutKast is sooo cool, matchbox twenty is great and I love the guitar solos. And Rob Thomas is hot. :groucho:

Believe it or not, I also enjoy some classical music. I play classical guitar, some piano, and I'm going to start learning the violin this week. :D

Techno/Trance:

Future Sound of London
Solar Serenades
Tangerine Dream

Rock:

Simon & Garfunkel
Yngwie Malmsteen
Metallica

Others:

Ovidiu Lipan Ţăndărică (a true genius)
Mike Oldfield

Marilyn Manson
Sarah McLachlan
Dave Matthews Band (older stuff)
David Gray

Nobody will guess this;)
Band: Iron Maiden
Genre: British Metal
Album: All of them rock:goodjob:
[Advertisement]Description: Best Bass player in world, Steve Harris; Best vocalist in world, Bruce Dickinson; Best drummer in world ("fastest right foot"), Nicko McBrain; Best guitarist in World, Dave Murray; great lyrics, music and tours. You gotta love Iron Maiden:D[/Advertisement]

Up the Irons!

Originally posted by Ville
Best drummer in world ("fastest right foot"), Nicko McBrain;

better then the blessed Dave Grohl? I dont think so!

Band: Guns N' Roses
Genre: Hard Rock
Album: Appetite For Destruction, Use Your Illusion I&II
Description: From the early days as the most dangerous band in LA to the live era where they sold out the entire planet (twice) to the modern day techno-industrial carnival. . . . they kicked ass. ;)

Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, The Who, Pink Floyd...they're all really good

Of the recent stuff, I find White Stripes to be pretty good.

Originally posted by Xen

Heh,yall never listened to Cynic, didja...

Band: King Diamond
Genre: Black Metal
Albums: Abigail, Them, The Puppet Master
Description: evil, great guitars by Andy La Rocque, great vocals by KD, great conceptual albums

Originally posted by Xen

Keith Moon and Jonh Bonham were the two best drummers ever and anyone who doesn't acknowledge this is a damn fool! :p

Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Yes, Floyd, LedZep, Genesis, Marillion, Stones, Metallica

Of all bands: Kent (they have done some stuff in English, but it's not as good as the originals:) )
Of internationally known bands: GnR and Oasis are favorites with up and down periods

Top Bottom