Favorite Civ from a Lore Perspective

Ditto! see sig..
IMHO :bowdown::borg::assimilate:

Borg Worshiper!

Its cool to see people that reckongnize that labels don't always include they're whole definition - doing otherwise is like assuming a plane flies and levels off a piece of wood.

Back on topic. . . Malakim. Because they're yellow. Er, hardworking multi-race (at least they were back in 021 when I could capture and use both dwarven and elven workers to make a forest-mine super capital)making the best out of their bad starts.

Kurio's cool that way to, though I think we need more backround for Cardith to make him more Badass or dark or still a boy for some reason...
Or is Eurabates evil?

P.S. I hate how settlements force you to builder. Can we have tech requirement city hubs? PLEASE?

It is very difficult for me to choose *only* one civ as the most interesting lore.

The team did an invaluable work creating so many civs with such a deep background.

It is a very hard choice, leaving back many.

I think Grigori is the most original and intriguing civ in terms of story and background.

Their leader is an Angel who abandoned his god not to became evil but to aid men making their own path on Erebus away from the clash between gods.

He values human life, is quite a calm person, but will never allow his people to be slaughtered and will do what needed to grant them salvation and their place in Erebus.

Btw, there are *so* many civs that could stay here.

All of them have a solid background and interesting story, a unique flavour appeal, so as I said it is necessary an hard choice.

This is my one. ;)

From the main civs, I think I like the Grigori best. If RiFE civs are allowed, the Austrin. Both are also among the very few FFH societies I'd be okay with living in.

Nobody seems to like the Sidar!? I must admit I haven't read that much info about any race (yet), but the sidar really appeal to me imo. The quest for knowledge and eternal life as a shade sounds like a great way to spend eternity to me :)
Where can I find more background information about the races? Do I have to play more scenarios? I think I've played all of the standard scenario's (about resurrecting the god of winter)

I love all of the civs really, each is very unique and interesting. However, the lanun have always had a place in my heart. As the only ocean going civ, they don't really get much love. However, when I play with them I play as Hannah and focus more on the destructive, crazy, and cuthroat Octopus Overlord side of them than the fun loving pirates I get playing as Falamar.

I'm not a huge fan of the pirates. They don't have anything special. Ok, they do have coves and they are masters at sea.. however, the AI is pretty bad at sea-warfare, so I tend to stick to pangea maps which makes ships rather useless.
I like the sidar, but i guess they aren't very special either if you don't play on marathon speed with a large map and raging barbs... ;)

I like the Doviello. It's nice to have that feeling of uncomplicated brutality, and I just find a human with armor and a polearm so much cooler than an ogre who happens to be especially tough.

Top Bottom