• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Favorite Gov?

Mr Funkypants

Wo Bist Du?
Hi all. I'm the same guy with the semi-famous favorite civ poll, and have come to annoy you with the fave gov poll. Are you a despotic conquerer? A monarchic conquerer? A democratic conquerer? Whatever you might be, just answer. You all probably want this to happen to me. :slay:

Moderator Action: I'm a Despot. At least here. :evil:

If you had looked at the Forum Rules that I linked to in another of your threads you would see that there is a 5-line limit on signatures. I count yours at 9 right now. Shrink it, please.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

During times of peace(which is very often :evil: )I use democracy. When I am at war, and the WW gets too bad, then I will either switch to Communism, Fascism, or Monarchy.

My favorites: Republic for peace - Fascism for war.

Ision

In vanilla civ and PTW my favorite govt is Republic. In C3C it would be democracy.

í havent tried Facism yet but it seems great 200% Worker Rate :worship:

Democracy, esprcially in C3C w/ Republic's high unit costs. Fascism's (missed an S mate) pop drain makes it a gov't of last resort if I go domination.

I really miss Fanaticism. Top off science then release hordes of torch wielding fanatics on the world.

Democracy, worker bonus, lowest corruption, and 1 + gold a square makes it my favorite gov by far. Even in times of war. I am able to easily beat out my opponents with all the extra money granted by democracy.

Unless I am religious, I go for Republic and stay there. The turns of anarchy are just too painful if you are not religious. If I am religious, I prefer monarchy or communism when I'm warmongering.

Since the largest maps I play are usually standard sized, I would have to say that my fave is Democracy. However, if I were playing on Large/Huge Maps, I might change my allegiance to Communism, because of the Secret HQ.

This may be in the manual (checking now) but I'm wondering what the differences are between the gov's. What are the key advantages and disadvantages to different gov styles?

Originally posted by SLUGFly
This may be in the manual (checking now) but I'm wondering what the differences are between the gov's. What are the key advantages and disadvantages to different gov styles?
That depends on whether you're playing C3C or not as two new governments were added and most of the preexisting ones were altered. Anyhow, my two cents is this:
1) Get out of Despotism ASAP!

Republic for peace, quick wars, low amount of units, before Democracy. Monarchy for War Mongering, High # of units. Feudalism haven't tried yet but it may have some credit as a War Mongering gov. but Monarchy seems better. Democracy peace, Moderate # of units, quick imperial wars. Facism War Mongering. Communism last resort if Democracy or Republic has too much WW, will use instead of Facism if I have a large amount of land in order to use police HQ.

I love Monarchy, once I get the tech, I stick to Monarchy. It's a very good government. I can deal with Corruption, don't have WW, and have tons of units supported by my empire. It's hard in the beginning, cause I play huge maps, and build large empires, so the inicial corruption is very hard to deal, but when the cities grow, I build Courthouses and a road network, it's easy. And somehow, after I have my GA, almost all my cities are in "We love the xxxxxx Day".
Monarchy rulez, I wouldn't change it for nothing!!!

Top Bottom