• Feudalism

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Despotism

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Anarchy

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
Emperor_Basil said:
Pardon me, but isn't communal corruption listed in the Civilopedia as worse than Rampant?
Actually, it has pros and con's: communal corruption will give you the same amount of corruption as (correct me if I'm wrong, it's either that or monarchy) republic, but it will spread it among all your cities - so you get more corruption in the core cities (that are capable of making themselves police station+courthouse easily) and less in the outlines, which become able to build useful stuff and be productive.

The communal corruption setting makes for very good large empires, filled with captured towns.

I'm pretty sure you're right, Beorn. If I'm not mistaken, Communal corruption gives all your cities the corruption of Republic, adds up the total, and divides it amongst the cities in your empire.

Back on topic though, I usually go for Republic up to the industrial age, then research straight to Commie to support my massive empire.

I always go for democracy, enough cas and you can find long wars and pay the citizens to be happy, good for rush building improvements once captured a city, not to mention extra cash revenue for science.

Communism - I always like to spread very, very far. With Palace, FP, and SPHQ it has less corruption than Republic, with extra useful cities. No WW, good unit support, suits me pretty well.

I usually find Democracy to be undeniably useful. I never have a problem with war weariness since I can't seem to get anyone to start a war on their own.

I prefer monarchy and commie. Monarchy because of the fact you can rush with money and commie for those times it takes a long time to get domination.

I like the Republic commerce bonus because I rush so many things and do a lot of spying. That way I'm more prepared for an upcoming war, and can get that way quickly.

Democracy, because I'm a peacemonger.

(And even if I do war I end them in under 10 turns so that war weariness is not a major issue, esp. since I always build Universal Suffrage)

republic definitely. with universal suffrage and police stations, and good diplomatic relations to have luxuries, no war weariness hit in the middle of a conquest. rush with money, high income and early selection. may hurt in middle ages but perfet in industrial and modern ages..

I usually end up a communist but then I usually end up going for a conquest victory (I swiched off domination victory). I usually take the monacrchy route as I find the unit support for republic a killer (until mid-middle ages when you have a few cities (pop 7+) to help out).

I voted anarchy though as I thought no-one else would....
I was right (strangely!)

I chose monarchy, because I'm new to emperor and the only way I can survive is to have the the larger army offered than in republic. On lower levels, I just like to be at war constantly. So even though a republic might last twenty-thirty turns without horrible war weariness, it won't hold up in constant warfare.

Peace-time-Democracy
War-time-Monarchy

Hey, at least no one voted for Anarchy- although you can't beat its lack of maintainence. ;)

I don't really have a favorite. Republic never works for me early on (it usually kills my economy- I go from +30 to -40), but Democracy does. I usually go despotism/monarchy (or if I have a lot of small cities, feudalism)/democracy).

Edit: Somebody did vote for Anarchy. :lol:

Top Bottom