Favourite Civ6 Civ Megathread

Martinus

Emperor
So, based on what we have seen so far, how would you rank the civilizations in the order from your favourite to least favourite? This could be based on anything - your personal real life preference, the leader's personality, apparent style of gameplay etc. I also encourage you to keep updating your posts as new civs are revealed. :)

For me, the current order would probably be:

- Egypt - really interested in the real world civilisation, and like wonder focus
- France - same reasons as Egypt, just like it slightly less
- China - seems like my playstyle civ, a builder-turtler
- England - really like the concept of imperialistic, aggressive civ civilisation, and harkens back to my favourite era of Britain, i.e. the Victorian era (awww "Penny Dreadful")
- America - like the civ theme and leader
- Japan - not that interested in Japan
- Aztecs - not that interested in military game play and Aztecs

For me:

America - It's my ideal America, a late-game culture heavyweight
Japan - I really like the district bonus
England - I like mid-game expansion. England benefits from it. And piracy, yay!
China - I like the Wonder rushing and Eureka/Inspiration bonuses. Should snowball nicely
Egypt - It's a builder civ, which I like. Hopefully not overly dependent on rivers
Aztecs - I'm not big on aggressors, but it might be fun to farm other civs' units for builders

- Aztecs - need i say why? *evil grin*
- China - seems a good solid all round civ for peaceful game play
- England - Colonisation seems fun.
- Egypt - Should be interesting as long as the terrain is favorable.
- America - i cant really say, until i understnd more about their bonuses but they seem to lack a bit of flavor compared to Aztecs or England for me.
- Japan - didnt like Japan in civ IV or V either and so far this civ has me the least excited.
- France - seems an interesting civ, but not exactly my cup of tea.

Egypt - I'm very interested in the real life civilization. I like the Iteru bonus as well
China - Flexible Civ that I will use while learning the game
Aztecs - Aggressive and can possibly leverage those starts for non domination
Japan - Samurai and District bonuses are intriguing
America - Possibly a late bloomer, we'll see how bonues are leveraged exactly
England - Hopefully there's water nearby. I'm not a big fan of "narrow" Civs. Maybe they won't be

Egypt
Aztecs
China
Japan
America
England

I tend to enjoy the early game a lot more than the late game and Egypt, the Aztecs, China, and to a lesser extent Japan, all offer very unique playstyles in the early game to differentiate themselves right off the bat. Can't wait to try them all though!

- China : strong early defense, boost to wonders and science/civics, that's my playstyle
- Egypt : I like the faith/culture output combo of the Sphinx...and desert start bias, assuming there's one :)
- America : well-rounded set of uniques, I like the bonus to combat on home continent, useful for defending against would-be-invaders in the late-game
- Japan : I'm on the fence with this one, mainly because I'm not sure how the factory works
- Aztecs : decent set of abilities but warmongering really is not my best suit so I might just skip it
- England : way too reliant on map settings to work properly

Guys, reading lists of civs without any commentary is rather useless. Please write why you like or dislike a certain civ. Otherwise, this thread won't have much value.

China
Egypt
Aztecs
Japan
America
England

England for me is dead last. I don't like their unique units, they look nice, but I don't think I will enjoy playing with them, because they are only good for sea and overseas wars. Japan and America I may start liking more if I know more of the game mechanics.

Currently I like China and Egypt most because of their wonder focus. Aztecs seem like the best warfare option right now.

Egypt- I think they'll be interesting to figure out how to best exploit their production bonus, and I love heavy culture games (Sphinx)
China- they sound so great in almost every way- science and wonder bonuses? yes pls. I'm unsure about the Great Wall but it'll be really (hopefully) exciting to figure out how to use it.
Japan- for me tall > wide to a limited extent (i don't like to play with more than ten cities unless under very certain conditions, basically) and I really think the ~~packed together bonus they get will be very fun and hopefully powerful.
Aztecs- I'm not much of a warmonger, but every once in a while I'll play an intensely expansive game, and the Aztecs sound tailor made for that- not just military bonuses, but actual expansion bonuses (better happiness/free builders, yes pls)
America- sounds cool but its abilities are a little more understated in my opinion. I might change my mind once we hear more about gov legacies- if legacies are super powerful and/or difficult to obtain, then I'd put them over the Aztecs. Culture is my favorite though and they sound fun for that.
England- again, I'm not much of a warmonger. They sound powerful but not really in my style, and less powerful in terms of warring than the Aztecs.

I normally don't like military civs, So far I think the Aztecs have the most interesting design of all the revealed civs. Its just a cool series of feedbacks.

They get more Amenities per luxury resource, gain military strength from said resources which make their unique unit more powerful, which they can use to convert defeated enemies into Builders, which they can use to rush districts construct districts.

America - I rate them highly because of the government bonus we know nothing about. :lol: But I'm really interested in this and they actually look good overall this time around. If the government bonus doesn't intrigue me they will slip on this list.

Japan - I think I'll like the extra consideration when you place your districts. I imagine it will look good to have these densely packed cities too with countryside outside. If you settle cities close enough, will districts from other cities provide adjacency bonus too? Seems cool.

Egypt - A civ I'll probably love to meet in a game. Can be a bit of a hit and miss though. If the AI is coded to value trade more highly because of the food bonus, this will be fun. If it is like Civ V, where no one sends trade routes to me, then no. The river bonus feels pretty solid and will give Egyptian cities their own look.

England - I initially ranked them bottom. I should still. But I rated the English highly in civ 5 so they climb because of nostalgia. I found artifact hunting in Civ 5 tedious... but a sprawling colonial empire and strong navy is appealing. *Please have an awesome peace theme again* The reason I "should" rate them lower is because I think they are a bit... bland/weak?

China - I might rate them very high once we know more about the technology and culture tree. And how more of the Eurekas and Inspirations look like. But this mechanic is central to the civ and I'm a bit worried about the mechanic.

Aztecs - I think they look strong and competitive. I also know that this isn't a civ for me. A respectable enemy.

So far, Japan is on top of my personal preference. The district mechanic scratches my builder itch and the Japanese Meiji Restoration ability looks like a great way to explore it.

The remaining civ's are kinda equal in appeal to me. Perhaps later on my opinion can change.

Aztecs would be my top. Their setup seems to have a lot of synergy and I love the idea of going hyper aggressive early on to steal builders while building other things. The amenities bonus seems perfectly suited for a wide-warmonger game.

America and Britain would be my next two. They both sound like they could be fun to play as an aggressive culture Civ. The new CV from V made culture victories interesting and fun. Play them expansionist with a warmonger lean and steal great works and wonders from other civs while using the British museum/film studio to power your way to a CV.

Less interested in Japan, Egypt and China. Just not sure they appeal to my play style. I'm not a turtle/wonder building kind of guy. Playing higher difficulties really broke me of my interest in wonders. Maybe once I get my hands on them my mind might change. Now that there are more requirements for wonders I might go back to using them more again.

Japan and Egypt so far. I like how their UAs will shape the form of their cities (tightly packed/along rivers).

For me, it goes like this:

top choices: Aztecs, China, Egypt
ok, but not too excited: Japan
boring: America and England.

Aztecs: I am not usually a warmonger but they have so much flavor this time around. I love their unique building, and I love the idea of capturing enemy units for quick development of your own empire. I think it can be useful even in a peaceful play: barbarians should provide enough free labor.

China: they sound like the perfect civ for my usual turtle-up-and-build-the-best-most-advanced-civ playstyle. I am going to love building the Great Wall, I can already tell.

Egypt: I feel they are well designed, I don't really know why. They just feel right to me.

Japan: also well designed but for some reason less exciting. I guess the coastal fighting bonus isn't that interesting to me. Feels to restrictive.

England: I think I will like playing against them but I don't see myself playing as them a lot. They sound bland overall.

America: despite the gazillion bonuses, they haven't piqued my interest at all. But it might be due to the fact that they were the first civ we got the first look of. I don't know.

Top Bottom