Favourite Quote

My favorite, which is so appropriate for our present-day politicians:

"In the land of the blind, a one-eyed man is king." :king:

When we build, let us think that we build forever upon building the Red Fort, sadly that wonder sucks :undecide:

also the one for the piramids, but i had to pick one.

Archaeology - "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." ~George Santyana

Compass - "I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving." -Oliver Wendell Holmes

Rifling - "It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it." -Robert E. Lee

"The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is its inefficiency." – Eugene McCarthy.
Civil Service tech.

I still prefer the Civ4 version of Bureaucracy:

“The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.”- Apparently by "unknown" in the game, Dr. Google says Oscar Wilde. Voiced by the one and only Nimoy, it tops it off!

And as the previous poster mentions:

Archaeology - "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." ~George Santyana

That's my favourite.

"The ancient Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing."
- Oracle Quote

and

"Computers are like Old Testament gods: Lots of rules, and no mercy."
- Computers Quote

and also

"Men, like bullets, go farthest when they are smoothest."
- Ballistics Quote

If I can think of any more I'll let you know. :goodjob:

...But honestly I think Civ4 has much better tech quotes.

I also like the classic era quote.. 'Zeus, god of counsel' the quote says more. Does anyone know what the quote says?

Mining
"The meek shall inherit the Earth, but not its mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

I also like the classic era quote.. 'Zeus, god of counsel' the quote says more. Does anyone know what the quote says?
Well, according to this thread, it goes like this:
"Proud is the spirit of Zeus-fostered kings -- their honor comes from Zeus, and Zeus, god of council, loves them."
- Classical Era Quote

"I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
- J. Robert Oppenheimer
The Nuclear Fission one is a classic. I have always loved using nuclear weapons whenever possible. Anyone else?

- J. Robert Oppenheimer
The Nuclear Fission one is a classic. I have always loved using nuclear weapons whenever possible. Anyone else?

What "Anyone else?". You want to tell me there are people who don't like using nuclear weapons?! :confused:

What "Anyone else?". You want to tell me there are people who don't like using nuclear weapons?! :confused:
Well I feel like the only one that uses the ghandi tactic that the nuke is more powerful than diplomacy.:crazyeye:

Well I feel like the only one that uses the ghandi tactic that the nuke is more powerful than diplomacy.:crazyeye:

How does that saying go?

"The pen is mightier than the sword, but the nuclear missile is mightiest of them all."

Biology

"If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't."
- Lyall Watson

Advanced Ballistics

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

aggressivewimp said:
Well, according tothis thread, it goes like this:
"Proud is the spirit of Zeus-fostered kings -- their honor comes from Zeus, and Zeus, god of council, loves them."
- Classical Era Quote
Yeah , that quote does sound like that, and that's the one. Thanks...

- J. Robert Oppenheimer

I don't know what happened to this quote. It used to be better in civilization 4 bts.

I don't know what happened to this quote. It used to be better in civilization 4 bts.

They had the full one in civ 4 bts.
"If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the Shatterer of Worlds."
- J. Robert Oppenheimer, quoting "The Bhagavad Gita":nuke:

Renaissance era:

"Whoever desires to found a state and give it laws, must start with assuming that all men are bad and ever ready to display their vicious nature, whenever they may find occasion for it."
- Niccolo Machiavelli

Top Bottom