'"I think we agree"
'"I think we agree"
"I think we agree"
'"I think we agree"
'"I think we agree"
"I think we agree"
'"I think we agree"
Ugh, lol

This is in the future technology quote with George Bush being quoted. Future technology is also a repeating technology that increases your score every time it is researched.

This is in the future technology quote with George Bush being quoted. Future technology is also a repeating technology that increases your score every time it is researched.

It is sort of like Elizabeth saying

"Would you be interested in a trade agreement with England?"

It makes me laugh. :lol:

My favorite quote no longer exists (since G&K), it was the Telegraph tech (Mark Twain):
"I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately."

I had a laugh the first time I heard it, in fact I learnt a lot of things with CiV :)

Also, the Railroad tech (Jefferson):
"The introduction of so powerful an agent as steam to a carriage on wheels will make a great change in the situation of man."

One think I like about Civ's tech quotes is that the quotes for Iron Working in Civ4 and Civ5 are almost completely contradictory.

"You should hammer your iron when it is glowing hot."
- Civ4 Iron Working Quote

"Do not wait until the iron is hot to strike, but make it hot by striking."
- Civ5 Iron Working Quote

:lol:

"He fashioned an instrument to know if the Moonshine is full or no". This of course is in regards to navel navigation, but being from the South, the home of Moonshine Whiskey, the first time I heard it I couldn't help but think of some Mooshine Still trying to make an instrument to know if his still was full or not, LOL.

Is there a way to play any of the quotes, tech's, writings and such from the game. I really enjoy listening to them?

Is there a way to play any of the quotes, tech's, writings and such from the game. I really enjoy listening to them?
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Sounds\Speech\English\Tech

That's only for the vanilla techs though.

'"I think we agree, the past is over"
'"I think we agree"
'"I think we agree"
"I think we agree"
'"I think we agree"
'"I think we agree"
"I think we agree"
'"I think we agree"
'"I think we agree"
"I think we agree"
'"I think we agree"
'"I think we agree"
"I think we agree"
'"I think we agree"
'"I think we agree"
"I think we agree"

Ugh, lol

...but is our children learning? That's the question.
And on-topic, if a game of mine goes that long I'll usually just turn the sound off so I don't have to listen to that quote over and over again.

...but is our children learning? That's the question.
And on-topic, if a game of mine goes that long I'll usually just turn the sound off so I don't have to listen to that quote over and over again.
I'm afraid to admit this, I don't want to be dog piled on.... I find the quote's repetitiveness endearing.

I'm afraid to admit this, I don't want to be dog piled on.... I find the quote's repetitiveness endearing.

In my case, the game is usually over before even the first Future Tech is researched. How do you guys get games to go on that long? :crazyeye:

In my case, the game is usually over before even the first Future Tech is researched. How do you guys get games to go on that long? :crazyeye:

Liking it, I guess. Playing the one more turn doesn't achieve victory because it is already known who won.

"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
-John Lubbock

Get shudders every time. So much self-determination! :eek:

Well and also when I play on easy difficulties I mop the floor with everyone else. :lol:

"He who knows himself is wise. He who knows others is enlightened." - Lao Tzu

Wrong way around.
"He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened."

"Building one space station for everyone was and is insane: we should have built a dozen." -Larry Niven. Speaks so much truth.

I enjoy Petra's, as well.

Kind of off topic, does anyone know which audio option controls volume for wonder quote voice? I would have thought it was the "voice" option, but if I play with that turned up and others down the Wonder quotes don't play.

"Building one space station for everyone was and is insane: we should have built a dozen." -Larry Niven. Speaks so much truth.

I enjoy Petra's, as well.

Kind of off topic, does anyone know which audio option controls volume for wonder quote voice? I would have thought it was the "voice" option, but if I play with that turned up and others down the Wonder quotes don't play.

Ahhhh that's a good one :) and the music volume i don't know why though

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Top Bottom