FBUG Re-name?

What should the Flavorful version be called?

• Flavorful BUG (FBUG)

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Diversity

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Taste Mod

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Who cares anyway?

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
I think first the team needs to decide if they even want to change the name. If they decide to change the name, FBUG shouldn't be one of the options. ;)

You have a point there, but the majority don't seem to think we need to. :p

Ahhh statistics, how I love thee ... let me count the ways!

Careful with your claims. The majority of the people who voted have gone with FBUG. I'm pretty sure more than 15 people use our mod, and who knows what they think.

Keep in mind that it's the team that will have to continue fielding questions about whether or not FBUG includes BUG, or depends on it -- not the users. Therefore, it's up to the team to decide whether or not a name change is needed. I recommend you do that first. If the team says yes, make up a bunch of names and then set up a poll. People aren't that good at open-ended polls like this.

BTW, Diversity is the name of a cheat program for a Quake 3 mod I play, so if I have a veto, I'd use it there. :)

Well, I was the one to suggest the rename originally, so I think my opinion is pretty clear. :)

Seriously, I feel that the confusion is enough to warrant a name change. As well it will help to distinguish the mods and possibly generate more interest given that the team has produced two kick-ass mods.

I'd really like to hear from the other team members, though.

Well, I was the one to suggest the rename originally, so I think my opinion is pretty clear. :)

Seriously, I feel that the confusion is enough to warrant a name change. As well it will help to distinguish the mods and possibly generate more interest given that the team has produced two kick-ass mods.

I'd really like to hear from the other team members, though.

I'm 100% for renaming it.

In the spirit of making fun acronyms for FBUG rename:

BFD - BtS Flavorful Diversity
BFG - BtS Flavorful Game
BSD - BtS Sings Diversity

FWIW I voted for Diversity in the poll.

What would really help for me is if someone on the core FBUG team could post exactly what it contains at this point and summarize its mission/goal.

BtS
Ethnic
Art and
Stylish
Textures

BEAST Mod. Some of those words could use better replacements, but I like BEAST if we can work it. :) The word itself doesn't convey the art-relatedness of the mod, though. Can you think up words for BEAUTIFUL. :D

Top Bottom